Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if there is a Black market for false PCR test certificates now. These people need to have a negative test to come from India to Australia. I dont see how so many coming home are infected with it being a direct flight unless the airport and airplane are heavily contaminated

I am wondering if there is a Black market for false PCR test certificates now. These people need to have a negative test to come from India to Australia. I dont see how so many coming home are infected with it being a direct flight unless the airport and airplane are heavily contaminated
Would expect so. Criminals are always a step ahead of government bureaucracies.

We dont know how many untested people in India are infected, its just all speculation really. But there would be infected untested people in every country.

But what we do know is the infection rates are pretty similar in India as Canada and Germany, around 0.024% of the population per day. France was twice as bad as India. America was nearly the same rate as India at 0.021%. I didnt check many countries, but we havent stopped people flying from these places.

These figures were from about 4 days ago. India is in strife and looks worse on TV as the media will show the worst of the worst and their medical system just cant handle this with 20% of the worlds population in India.
First and foremost I hope we are sending help to our Indian friends as the US has.

With the ban on arrivals from India, it is not ideal and the stats you cite do question the consistency of the approach but I think whilst the infection in the nation is similar to other countries, the rate of infection in returning people seems to be much worse. Personally, I would probably have just banned dual citizens and permanent residents (who should be banned from every country anyway).

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We chartered a plane and got Australians out of Wuhan and put them on Xmas island at the start of this
Christmas Island only caters for 1000. Was it only one planeload from Wuhan? Didn't they have to fly to Darwin then by a smaller plane to CI? But 1000 is better than none, although that's four or five flights out of India at least.

Christmas Island only caters for 1000. Was it only one planeload from Wuhan? Didn't they have to fly to Darwin then by a smaller plane to CI? But 1000 is better than none, although that's four or five flights out of India at least.

every 2 weeks it will add up

jab them before departure and again before release into society

every 2 weeks it will add up

jab them before departure and again before release into society
And India is probably close enough to allow for the smaller jets to fly direct to XMAS Island. Might need to accelerate the deportations of the people already there though unless the returnees can be isolated from them.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only are we proper campaigners to refugees but now if you're unlucky enough to be overseas at the wrong time you'll get similar treatment.

Surprised the West Australian premier isn't coming in for more criticism as yet. Always risky giving others (federal government) grief whilst your own backyard is a shambles.

1 case = Lockdown
2 cases = Lockdown
3 cases = No Lockdown

And the Federal government are trying to push travel bubbles. Love to know what international tourists would be willing to come here when there's no criteria for how outbreaks are handled.

Not only are we proper campaigners to refugees but now if you're unlucky enough to be overseas at the wrong time you'll get similar treatment.

Surprised the West Australian premier isn't coming in for more criticism as yet. Always risky giving others (federal government) grief whilst your own backyard is a shambles.

1 case = Lockdown
2 cases = Lockdown
3 cases = No Lockdown

And the Federal government are trying to push travel bubbles. Love to know what international tourists would be willing to come here when there's no criteria for how outbreaks are handled.
I think it will change when we and the world gets jabbed up and have the travel passport

Hard bit will be getting enough of us jabbed up quick

I think it will change when we and the world gets jabbed up and have the travel passport

I'm not confident it'll happen at all. Firstly we need to get the magic number vaccinated (and periodically updated by all accounts) and secondly the state governments are going to have to be happy with having many positive cases active.

I'm not confident it'll happen at all. Firstly we need to get the magic number vaccinated (and periodically updated by all accounts) and secondly the state governments are going to have to be happy with having many positive cases active.
They're going to have to be eventually.

I thought so too but with all the "high risk" and frontline people having received their vaccinations, plus the halting of travel from India, it doesn't seem that anything has changed. Feels like we're in exactly the same position we were in 18 months ago (minus the initial outbreak)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought so too but with all the "high risk" and frontline people having received their vaccinations, plus the halting of travel from India, it doesn't seem that anything has changed. Feels like we're in exactly the same position we were in 18 months ago (minus the initial outbreak)
hardly anyones had the vax

Australia has now administered 2,234,844 doses of the coronavirus vaccine.

This includes first and second doses of both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines.

At the current rate, it will take until 2023 for all Australians to be vaccinated.

Lockdowns and border protection are popular policy. With fear of health risks associated with the vaccines, many people are going to wait it out.

New variants will emerge, so we'll need protection from them before we open up further. Round and round we go.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see an exit strategy here.

Problem will be people like you who will only have the jab if it means you can travel internationally. But we won’t be able to travel because not enough people will have been vaccinated.

Problem will be people like you who will only have the jab if it means you can travel internationally. But we won’t be able to travel because not enough people will have been vaccinated.
ordering the jab and getting it here then rolling it out then ordering the 3 rd doses would help

hardly anyones had the vax

Australia has now administered 2,234,844 doses of the coronavirus vaccine.

This includes first and second doses of both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines.

At the current rate, it will take until 2023 for all Australians to be vaccinated.

Yeah but phase 1A and 1B have been "completed" which are the high risk and frontline staff which is what I was talking about. Isn't the goal to protect the "at risk" people?

Yeah but phase 1A and 1B have been "completed" which are the high risk and frontline staff which is what I was talking about. Isn't the goal to protect the "at risk" people?
Apr 22
Thousands of aged care residents yet to receive their first COVID-19 vaccine dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back