News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Why am I not surprised Mundey was your idol growing up ;)
I just remembered him as he and his green bans were mentioned recently in a tv show about the murder of an anti development activist around the Cross somewhere.
Exactly what is needed to save the Stand. BLF don't exist anymore do they? CFMEU these days isn't it. Noah Baltas dad might be able to help.

the north melbourne stands were demolished in 2007. the "heritage" they are protecting is 11 years old.

i own t-shirts older than the North Melbourne "heritage" building
And more t-shirts than Norf have members.

Cost wouldn't be an issue. Money means nothing these days the way it's thrown around and wasted, and if we are the biggest club like we like to think, then the extra effort would be well and truly worth it.

They should put it to the members.

And being internaly semi dilapidated with the externals intact would lend to a clean removal and internal rebuild-refit. Costly yes, but what price do yo put on such an important part of our history/culture.

"The Hill" stand at the SCG was similar brick/timber construction but much larger, and it was relocated in the mid 80s

I would guarantee in hindsight that decision would be roundly applauded now.
If it's feasible to relocate the Stand, if it has a place to go then that's priority one.
SCG buildings are like MCG buildings they were primarily for non partisan cricket. ..be interesting to see the costs from mid 80s to now?

prob riddled with virus ready to get maccas and have sex with the professional security guards at the hotel
I’ve had worse weekends tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume the new building is the Trent cotchin stand ?

I would bet anything they regret that decision now.

"They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

-JM

A great song, though I’d argue that the paradise is long lost and part of that was building a big grandstand over it imagine the beautiful centuries old trees that were on that paddock before the cricket club/rfc came along

They should put all returned travellers in remote locations, for 28 days, would create employment in regional areas too.

simple solution is get the cops to do it

but no we are going to use the same security guards
ya canna have the police doing all the frontline work for covid...how many medical/carer staff are infected...heaps...
otherwise the Police end up all infected and we have to use Security Guards to do the Police work...

The other side?

What are we moving to make room
Punt road or the train tracks View attachment 1018934
As I have posted on here before, we just have to look down the road at the MCG to see how it's done. It simply requires re-routing Brunton Ave back along it's original path along the Richmond station. This kills two birds with one stone as the aggregation area they created street level between the station and Brunton is a safety disaster zone. A footbridge is essential in any case before there are deaths.

Put in the footbridge, re-route Brunton by 10 metres, build the new stand (no where near as big as the MCG of course!!). Nothing unreasonable at all. But needs imagination not bulldozers. What do you think?

MCG 62 metres station to boundary:
MCG distance.png
Punt Road 62 metre station to boundary:
PRO distance.png

And who’s doing to pay for them to reroute Brunton avenue?
Your suggestions are unrealistic, it’s not being put forward as a possibility because they lack imagination, they just live in the real world

They should put all returned travellers in remote locations, for 28 days, would create employment in regional areas too.

you want the Jack Dyer Stand relocated to a remote location to house returned travellers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back