Coach Jade Rawlings - sacked by NMFC w/ 2yr to run on contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Classy response.

Good luck to him. I'm still not sure what happened there and suspect the majority of "ITK" intel on this topic here is just speculation.

Not speculation. Jade took over too much leadership while Shaw was crumbling. Shaw cracked the shits about it and said Jade was undermining him. They sacked Jade. Brady did not sack Jade and told them to * off among other things, and there will be absolutely no frosty Christmas. Very close family, and they're genuinely all good people. He's a resilient person and bounces back from setbacks so hopefully all goes well at Norwood and beyond.

Not speculation. Jade took over too much leadership while Shaw was crumbling. Shaw cracked the shits about it and said Jade was undermining him. They sacked Jade. Brady did not sack Jade and told them to fu** off among other things, and there will be absolutely no frosty Christmas. Very close family, and they're genuinely all good people. He's a resilient person and bounces back from setbacks so hopefully all goes well at Norwood and beyond.

Was there much/any truth to the playing group not getting around him?

Not speculation. Jade took over too much leadership while Shaw was crumbling. Shaw cracked the shits about it and said Jade was undermining him. They sacked Jade. Brady did not sack Jade and told them to fu** off among other things, and there will be absolutely no frosty Christmas. Very close family, and they're genuinely all good people. He's a resilient person and bounces back from setbacks so hopefully all goes well at Norwood and beyond.

I think we might be on the same page - my speculation comment was referring to people assuming Jade had disenfranchised “the group”. Have never heard he had poor relationships anywhere else.

i meant jade, i thought i read on here tarrant wanted him gone?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't actually get too involved, and didn't even ask anything about the whole scenario (I didn't even watch footy this year, and didn't realise he'd been sacked). I saw some posts about how Brady sacked his brother and I wanted to clear that up. They are a really down to earth, tight family. Brady refused to sack him and went off his face, which is way out of character for him. Brady thought he may have lost his own job because he went ballistic about it.

I get on with Brady a bit better than Jade, but not because there's anything wrong with Jade, just different personalities. Jade is very lively, Brady is more of a critical thinker. Both good leaders in different ways and I couldn't see Jade "losing people".

It's fine to write your stories but that's simply untrue.

Jade lost his job as did most of our other coaches. Nothing sinister about it at all. He's a top guy btw.

Seems you've got one version there.
Why did he lose his job? :stern look

I've got their version, yeah. I admit I only know it from one side.

Fair enough mate. I agree with 90% just the Shaw comment overplayed as Jade was axed for no different reason as the rest of our (North) assistants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he lose his job? :stern look

The same reason as the rest.

Reduction in money available and change in direction. Wasn't Shaw's doing that's for sure.

He also does not have a winning CV as a coach which didn't help.

Fair enough mate. I agree with 90% just the Shaw comment overplayed as Jade was axed for no different reason as the rest of our (North) assistants.

Whilst I admit I only have one side, and a biased one, you probably do as well. Brady still holds the same view and he's still there so who knows. There's always two side though, for sure.

The same reason as the rest.

Reduction in money available and change in direction. Wasn't Shaw's doing that's for sure.

He also does not have a winning CV as a coach which didn't help.
Reduction in money available. I’m amazed we could afford the new assistant coaches we hired. :stern look

Reduction in money available. I’m amazed we could afford the new assistant coaches we hired. :stern look

No idea what point you're making, but all clubs have been under pressure to cut where possible due to Covid and unknown $$ incoming.

Whilst I admit I only have one side, and a biased one, you probably do as well. Brady still holds the same view and he's still there so who knows. There's always two side though, for sure.

If anything I'm biased towards Rawlings over Shaw being Tasmanian but (afaik) Rawlings dismissal was regardless of anything to do with Shaw. He was simply gone anyway.

He didn’t have a winning record when we hired him in the first place, I can’t see why that would matter a year into a 3 year contract.

Yeah because we all knew Covid would occur.......

He also didn’t have a winning CV before he joined us but got the arse because of it? :stern look

Weakest links usually go first in any team set up. You should and no doubt do know this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back