Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It works as well, however we prefer to call it fiction. You should check it out one day, its on the other side of the library.

Superficial people enjoy superficial things.

I get frustrated because I cannot articulate my criticisms well enough and I get labeled racist as a result. We actually agree on a lot on the problems, but they are so obsessed with racial identity and collective guilt.

Structural, systemic and institutional racism are the same thing. People use different words to describe them cos not every conversation is an academic piece.

People bring up collective guilt and racial identity as a way of stopping action on the real problems of systemic or structural or procedural or institutional racism which are things like voter purging in the US, over policing and all of the associated legal and justice problems which is a truckload, etc etc. i dunno if its an instinctive defense of the status quo cos they don't believe in the problems or actually malicious. With voter purging there is bound to be some self interest that isn't necessarily racist ie not based on dislike for black people, more based on demographic manipulation.

Snake, for all the flak you cop from some other posters, I love your work. Sensible, logical and reasonable.

Keep up the good fight. This insanity surely can't continue much longer.

There was a string of racist incidents, but to say it was/is SYSTEMIC is a real stretch.
How is it a real stretch. Its ingrained in the club's culture isn't it?

Even tho some of best friends are aboriginal this snakey campaigner says they are inferior to europeans from an evolutionary perspective. I'm glad you think that is sensible, logical and reasonable.

I’d believe that. campaigner doesn’t miss.
That would have to show up in their stats at some point wouldn't it. That is elite goal kicking accuracy. And he's kicked nearly 100 goals. Wiull have before the season is out.

How is it a real stretch. Its ingrained in the club's culture isn't it?

Even tho some of best friends are aboriginal this snakey campaigner says they are inferior to europeans from an evolutionary perspective. I'm glad you think that is sensible, logical and reasonable.

This is a genuinely disturbed thought progression.

You take shoehorning to a nuclear level.

Structural, systemic and institutional racism are the same thing. People use different words to describe them cos not every conversation is an academic piece.

People bring up collective guilt and racial identity as a way of stopping action on the real problems of systemic or structural or procedural or institutional racism which are things like voter purging in the US, over policing and all of the associated legal and justice problems which is a truckload, etc etc. i dunno if its an instinctive defense of the status quo cos they don't believe in the problems or actually malicious. With voter purging there is bound to be some self interest that isn't necessarily racist ie not based on dislike for black people, more based on demographic manipulation.
As much as I want to discuss the merit of both your posts as I usually do, I feel that I have derailed this thread enough for others, so I will decline continuing with the discussion.

Last edited:
It's pure spin.

It doesn't name names and provide quotes.

You're so invested in this bullshit, that you can't see that it's bullshit.
Where to start Tef? It's abundantly clear that nobody is as invested in this report around here as you are. I'm still nor convinced you've properly read it, but assuming you have it's clear that your worldview has not allowed you to properly engage with the text. So far you've made only sweeping and frankly meaningless generalisations about it without providing any specific examples. Can you name any of the recommendations you have issue with?
As to naming names, that is not the point of the report. You are complaining that the fish tastes funny when Collingwood ordered steak. And there are quotes throughout the report, probably half a dozen direct and more indirect. It's not a lot which reflects the anonymous and confidential nature of the interviews.
It appears you want to focus on identifying and dealing with individual incidents and offenders, which misses a substantial point of the report. This hasn't worked at Collingwood because they need to change their entire framework. The report applauds them for the very recent steps they have taken in this direction and provides recommendations about how to continue.
I don't know exactly why this wounds your psyche so much, but I suspect Aileen Moreton-Robinson's comments on Australia Day taken more generally are probably applicable:
What is a problem about Australia day for a lot of Australians who basically see Indigenous protests as being problematic is that we rob them of their virtue by our very presence and our protest. What we do to nationalism on this day is we bring into question the very formation of that nationalism so it doesn't make Australians feel very good. So in one sense Indigenous people become the killjoys of this national day of celebration.
To which I might add we are not included because Australia day is not about Indigenous peoples.

Don't bother. Your posts are performance art that have no rational basis.
Yep, the performance of actual critical thinking and engaging with the actual text. Sadly, it is an art that is in short supply.
I think you know full well there is an entirely rational basis but for some reason I can't fathom you refuse to accept it. Instead you just want to throw out buzz words and clichés. I don't know of you really believe they are bon mots or stinging rebukes, but it is mindless drivel with no actual foundation in any reasoning or evidence.

Don't bother. Your posts are performance art that have no rational basis.
Hang on, you told me you listen to other people’s views, just not mine. Yet here you are cutting someone off after the. Very first sentence.

Its funny how you think being a sociopath is something to be proud off.

Certified MORONIC troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the performance of actual critical thinking and engaging with the actual text. Sadly, it is an art that is in short supply.
I think you know full well there is an entirely rational basis but for some reason I can't fathom you refuse to accept it. Instead you just want to throw out buzz words and clichés. I don't know of you really believe they are bon mots or stinging rebukes, but it is mindless drivel with no actual foundation in any reasoning or evidence.
If only the guy had a mirror so he could have a good hard look at himself.

But I have a feeling that after the lapband surgery he threw out all his mirrors for fear of failing.

Nick Larkey only kicked 2 more behinds than Cox but I don’t consider him elite.

Champion Data uses statistics the same way a drunk uses a lamp-post: for support, not illumination.
stats are only ever indicative, they often dont take into account the full picture, for example if a player only ever took set shots from directly in front he would naturally have ( or should!) a better accuracy than someone whos lead patterns took him to the pockets for example. Buddys kicking from the boundary 50 out is exceptional but i doubt it would skew the goal/behinds metric markedly as he also seems to mis a few that could traditionally be deemed easier. Having said that it would be an injustice to claim mason cox wasnt a solid set shot player, levi casboult and recent jack ziebel could definitely take a leaf out of his book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back