News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia is still doing the best here as well. Not against vaccines but look how much data we can use before assessing.. we don’t need it urgently so let the guinea pigs go first..

There's a lot to be said for this position.

BUT - we were initially told we would be first in line for vaccines. That's changed.

Also, we don't have widespread community transmission.

The main reason we don't is because our state govts will lockdown hard and kill and leak from quarantine when it happens to prevent community transmission.

Which people call an overreaction and economy killing.

So if we want to wait, then we have to accept these lockdowns as long as we persist with hotel quarantine, which has been proven to fail everywhere it is set up.

They are a canny mob. They'll be up and about in a few months.

That being said, I agree with the other guys. I am very happy to sit this out for a few months.

I don't have a choice from what I can tell. there are over 13 million Australians ahead of me in the queue.

I have probably had some form of a vaccine as part of a trial though.

That was the Government view. That because we were doing well we could take our time and conduct proper analysis and authorisation whereas the US and the UK rushed to emergency use authorisation because they were in such dire straits.
The good news is that the data coming out of Israel in particular, and the UK, strongly validates the effectiveness of the vaccine rollouts.

Not initially it wasn't.

It is SPIN as to why the vaccines have been so late.

If you think Andrews has been spinning and bullshitting - which he certainly has - then Scotty on the vaccines is in a different league.

Yep, not interested in engaging when someone says they are open to a genuine, good faith discussion. Easier to sit there and sling mud at people. I’m disappointed but not surprised.

LOL, you're wimping out here.

Whatever.

They were smart agreed.

They are also a heavily militarised very small country with immense practice at community cohesion in times of crisis. They have strong infrastructure in place to lean on in these times.

Yes, they've done well with vaccinations, but they also have compulsory military service and regular rocket attacks.

My comment is not overall praise for Israel or comment on Palestinian politics. And I absolutely would not want to do compulsory military service.

It was limited to their actions on vaccines. Those factors you mentioned; being relatively small and cohesive as well as having an advanced healthcare system I would say is what have made them the standout candidate as the test country.

There's a lot to be said for this position.

BUT - we were initially told we would be first in line for vaccines. That's changed.

Also, we don't have widespread community transmission.

The main reason we don't is because our state govts will lockdown hard and kill and leak from quarantine when it happens to prevent community transmission.

Which people call an overreaction and economy killing.

So if we want to wait, then we have to accept these lockdowns as long as we persist with hotel quarantine, which has been proven to fail everywhere it is set up.
Don’t drag me into this...
I’m happy to sit here like a bar fly and poke fun at everyone from the cheap seats..

Not initially it wasn't.

It is SPIN as to why the vaccines have been so late.

If you think Andrews has been spinning and bullshitting - which he certainly has - then Scotty on the vaccines is in a different league.

We are actually getting the vaccines a month earlier than originally planned. Other countries have changed their timetables around us and pulled a few acts of bastardry, like the EU, but we are more or less on track with the vaccine rollout. The article you linked to doesn't actually tell much.

Everyone is in a different league to Andrews for spin and bullshit. He is the clear number one in Australia on that measure.

My comment is not overall praise for Israel or comment on Palestinian politics. And I absolutely would not want to do compulsory military service.

It was limited to their actions on vaccines. Those factors you mentioned; being relatively small and cohesive as well as having an advanced healthcare system I would say is what have made them the standout candidate as the test country.

I was VERY careful not bring to the most boring subject on Earth, Israel v Palestine, into it lol.

It is as you say their size and community cohesion married to their excellent healthcare system that have been great.

The cohesion does draw from their military infrastructure.

A society where the whole population trains going to war footing on an hour's notice, literally people packing up their s**t and heading to a pre-determined location as soon as a message goes out over the radio, is very well suited to a mass vaccination program.

So in this regard, any comparison - not suggesting you are making it btw - between Australia or Victoria or Israel on vaccination rollout is pointle4ss imo.

Yes they have done very very well.

No, we will not be able to do as well as them.

Don’t drag me into this...
I’m happy to sit here like a bar fly and poke fun at everyone from the cheap seats..

This is one of those bar fights like in old Western.

Everyone gets involved lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was VERY careful not bring to the most boring subject on Earth, Israel v Palestine, into it lol.

It is as you say their size and community cohesion married to their excellent healthcare system that have been great.

The cohesion does draw from their military infrastructure.

A society where the whole population trains going to war footing on an hour's notice, literally people packing up their sh*t and heading to a pre-determined location as soon as a message goes out over the radio, is very well suited to a mass vaccination program.

So in this regard, any comparison - not suggesting you are making it btw - between Australia or Victoria or Israel on vaccination rollout is pointle4ss imo.

Yes they have done very very well.

No, we will not be able to do as well as them.

It's not so much the comparison but the data that they are providing on the efficacy that will be useful. I think any whole of population data will be useful on the science. Agree we are very different culturally. The only real concerns they would have would be their ultra-orthodox community (when are they not a concern?) and the Muslim population, who would be more vaccine-hesitant.

We are actually getting the vaccines a month earlier than originally planned. Other countries have changed their timetables around us and pulled a few acts of bastardry, like the EU, but we are more or less on track with the vaccine rollout. The article you linked to doesn't actually tell much.

Everyone is in a different league to Andrews for spin and bullshit. He is the clear number one in Australia on that measure.

Well, yes and no.

Morrison and co wanted to wait for approval because we have no community transmission.

The reason we have no community transmission is that the state govts jump on leaks out of quarantine - which have happened in all states bar Tassie - with harsh lockdown measures.

Which people then freak out about.

Lot of having cake and eating it going on at all levels here

It's not so much the comparison but the data that they are providing on the efficacy that will be useful. I think any whole of population data will be useful on the science. Agree we are very different culturally. The only real concerns they would have would be their ultra-orthodox community (when are they not a concern?) and the Muslim population, who would be more vaccine-hesitant.

Agree on all.

Just smash him over the head with a whisky bottle. He'll be in all guns blazing!

Nah, we already have enough once smart posters babbling shite due to some form of brain injury.

No mate not pretending at all.
We all know it's a world wide problem.
But you use it as a throw away excuse to justify the actions of the Andrews government.

There are tens of thousands of business' impacted by sudden lockdowns.

The kebab shop is a miniscule example in a sea of economic chain of reactions to sudden lock downs.

The Andrews government give little thought or care to this.

They are only interested in preserving their political agendas.

The economic consequences will be left to current and future federal government's to deal with.

I'm not anti lockdown. Not all lock downs are the same, nor are they necessary in the degrees to which they should be locked down.

It's self centered to pretend , it's the best course of action , because it's a global pandemic
You're now pretending COVID isn't a worldwide issue because your mate had to throw meat out?

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

He can't freeze it?
Apparently once its been defrosted and spiced, it cant be or shouldnt be frozen again.
Point was lost I guess, Its one of tens of thousands of examples impacted by lockdowns financially.
Just because the majority of seem to go in and out of lockdowns reasonably unscathed, there are severe financial implications to a lot of people.

Hell , we could call it an economic shut down, because thats what it is.

Last edited:
Apparently once its been defrosted and spiced, it cant be or shouldnt be frozen again
That's not a safety rule though that's just due to the texture changes from drawing out more moisture. If it was me I would freeze it again, as it's not helping anyone in the bin

That or run take away online, or cook it for the needy, or repurpose it by cooking and then refreezing.

There's no need to waste that much product for a 5 day lockdown

Apparently once its been defrosted and spiced, it cant be or shouldnt be frozen again.
Point was lost I guess, Its one of tens of thousands of examples impacted by lockdowns financially.
Just because the majority of seem to go in and out of lockdowns reasonably unscathed, there are severe financial implications to a lot of people.

Hell , we could call it an economic shut down, because thats what it is.

I like a good kebab, so that's s**t news.

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to buy kebabs if I had died from COVID 19.

That's not a safety rule though that's just due to the texture changes from drawing out more moisture. If it was me I would freeze it again, as it's not helping anyone in the bin

That or run take away online, or cook it for the needy, or repurpose it by cooking and then refreezing.

There's no need to waste that much product for a 5 day lockdown
Maybe.
For what ever reasons, he didnt or couldnt.
I re-edited my post as you quoted it.

My point was he along with tens of thousands of people have had massive financial consequences.
Not sure how youd freeze oysters?
But yea, its a global pandamic and there will always be the silent victims of a Dan Andrews covid response.
But who gives a s**t right? Because atleast we arnt the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back