Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can be both, a Jew is someone of Israelite or Hebrew lineage where as an Arab is someone who lives or comes from the geographical region of the Arabian peninsula. whilst not a great deal of Lews are infact Arabs its not to say they couldnt be and there are none that are.

it even gets more confusing when you consider the Bedouins who are nomadic but generally occupy the same areas.

???

There's heaps of Arab Jews. Indeed, places like Baghdad and Damascus were centres of Jewish life.

???

There's heaps of Arab Jews. Indeed, places like Baghdad and Damascus were centres of Jewish life.
That was indeed my point.
???

Yeah I prolly didn't word that very well. My point was one definition is regionally based and the other lineage based. I was suggesting that the total population of Arab Jews would be minimal compared to Jews in their entirety. Would they be 5 percent?

There are polish Jews. Russian Jews. Jewish quarters in heaps of cities etc...

Something I've picked up in the last page or two is that there seems to be a worry about false accusations and ruining another persons life. Almost like you just go in and say this bloke raped me and he is charged.

It depends on where you live, but it can almost be this bad. NSW Police last year settled out of court for more than $1m for the false persecution and pursuit of a man from Sydney who ended his marriage with his wife (who had a drug addiction and cheated on him) when in an act of spite, she went to police and filed a false rape claim against him.

They barely did any investigation and there was a mountain of evidence that she was lying (including CCTV footage) that even a basic investigation would have uncovered yet, the judge threw the case out and had demanded of the prosecution to know what steps, if any, had been taken by the police and the prosecution to corroborate her complaint before bringing it to trial. That was May last year, in Sydney.

I am not suggesting this is how all cases go down. It is likely an extreme minority of them but we don't know for sure, this man was lucky there was evidence to prove his innocence, quite often there is no evidence to prove you are innocent and we can't live in a society where an accusation is enough to ruin someone's life. People were happy to go after the pussy grabbing Trump, but what happened when Saint Biden was accused of sexual assault? There is a lack of consistency when it comes to believe all women. It is the hypocrisy of it all, I've seen countless believe all women types change tunes the nanosecond after they themselves were accused of sexual assault or rape.

Let me say from supporting someone who went through the reporting process that the process to report a sexual assault and to accuse someone is not a quick or easy one. There are multiple interviews with the victim. Going over every minute detail, time and time again. Double, triple checking. It can take weeks, months before the accused is even interviewed.

You would like to hope all investigations are thorough, however, this isn't always the case.

Unfortunately some people will be falsely accused and have their lives turned upside down but they would pale into insignificance to all the unreported assaults from victims who will never be the same person again.

The tragedy is that there are countless victims who do not get any justice. It is one thing for someone to do something abhorrent and get away with it, it is another if we push for the state to inflict injustice on innocent people.

If we as a society wanted to live in a society where we are almost 100% confident to ensure someone who commits a crime is punished for it, we could do that with the level of technology we have available. If every device monitors everything everyone does then big brother watching you and knowing what everyone is doing will allow you to have that certainty. We do not choose to live in that type of society.

I'd be perfectly happy being monitored by an AI, because I never do anything that would be of interest to the state. But, if we proposed such a system for vote it wouldn't get 1% of the votes.

Society as a whole does not want to go down that path so we have to find better ways in terms of addressing sexual assault and worse, I believe there are a lot of issues within society that can be addressed, be educated. These are complex issues and it isn't just about men, it is about women too, how we grow up, how we are educated, our moral and value system, the extent of out education, etc.

This is an old article, froma women's site, this is back when it was okay for women to speak honestly about this subject without getting attacked/deplatformed/etc. https://thoughtcatalog.com/janet-bl...o-lied-about-being-raped-and-why-they-did-it/

Even if you wanted to just isolate this whole discussion about why shouldn't we just lower the burden of proof. It isn't an in-depth analysis or does it look at the volume of false charges, but it highlights some of the common reasons why some women have lied about being raped. The reasons why some women lied about rape are as appalling as the reasons why some men rape. Sending someone to jail for a very long time and ruining their life for reasons such as some of these?

Does it matter if it is only 10% who lie or 1% who lie? What percentage would you be comfortable with if someone came at you with a false charge to have the burden of proof lowered to where the accusation alone is enough to ruin the rest of your life? Without addressing the delusion that women never lie you can never get the burden of proof lowered.

Last edited:

But the main thing is Cruz will squeak about the big bad bogeyperson of Critical Race Theory so that's all ok then.

Abandoned his post under fire.

Coward.

But the main thing is Cruz will squeak about the big bad bogeyperson of Critical Race Theory so that's all ok then.

Abandoned his post under fire.

Coward.
Cruz is literally the pits;
What’s funny is the US media’s coverage, it’s split down the middle whos the worse politicians of the day.
in the red corner youve got Cuomo sending covid+ people to nursing homes.
In the blue corner you’ve got Cruz, who’d rather be in Cancun then the below zero Texas winter.
Rules of emerica ye shalt never talk about the other.. it’s almost like they don’t exist.

Cruz is literally the pits;
What’s funny is the US media’s coverage, it’s split down the middle whos the worse politicians of the day.
in the red corner youve got Cuomo sending covid+ people to nursing homes.
In the blue corner you’ve got Cruz, who’d rather be in Cancun then the below zero Texas winter.
Rules of emerica ye shalt never talk about the other.. it’s almost like they don’t exist.

I don’t disagree about Cruz or your observation about the media in America, but one of those two things is clearly worse than the other. Cuomo should be facing massive fire from both sides, his response to Covid was a disgrace and cost so many lives.

Gumbuya whateverthefarktheycallthemselves, advertising for a big weekend.
Gasometer - i wonder if old mate is going to rekindle old memories!

I took the kids there over the break. Extremely expensive and very packed. The lines for the slides were so long that they could only be bothered going down once....and it wasn’t even hot when I went

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I took the kids there over the break. Extremely expensive and very packed. The lines for the slides were so long that they could only be bothered going down once....and it wasn’t even hot when I went
Sounds like you went when my cousin went

There will be plenty in the Murdoch media, and a few here who will dismiss their claim.

‘Then proceed to muddy the waters with ‘why didn’t she go to the police?’

This disgrace will be swept under the carpet by the government and its boosters.

It’s a weak argument. There’s countless reasons people don’t go to the police. Sexual assault in particular, especially when the person is known to the attacker seems one of the hardest for victims to report.

I’ve never been through anything like mentioned above, but when I was younger I was glassed and then stabbed in the face. I didn’t want to get any of my friends in trouble but I was told by a lawyer that if I sued the pub I would get a decent payout. I couldn’t go though with it, not for moral reasons but because I was managing panic disorder from an unrelated incident and I literally wouldn’t have been able to sit in the box and tell my story.

I can only imagine how hard it would be for the victims of sexual assault to be cross examined.

Daniel Harris is to play with Rushworth in the Kyabram DL this year

It’s a weak argument. There’s countless reasons people don’t go to the police. Sexual assault in particular, especially when the person is known to the attacker seems one of the hardest for victims to report.
One of the worst historical instances was the mass Soviet rapes in Eastern Europe across 1944-45. 1.4 million at least, which included German, polish, Hungarian and even concentration camp detainees (including Russians). Who the hell are you going to report the rapes to? The communist state police or NKVD, not very likely.

Mind you, it was worse under the Germans/Japanese from 1939-44.

Wartime rape is one of the most understudied aspects of military history.

One of the worst historical instances was the mass Soviet rapes in Eastern Europe across 1944-45. 1.4 million at least, which included German, polish, Hungarian and even concentration camp detainees (including Russians). Who the hell are you going to report the rapes to? The communist state police or NKVD, not very likely.

I listened to a Jocko podcast a while back and he was saying everyone who gets captured gets raped. Male or female.

There will be plenty in the Murdoch media, and a few here who will dismiss their claim.

‘Then proceed to muddy the waters with ‘why didn’t she go to the police?’

This disgrace will be swept under the carpet by the government and its boosters.

Don't know about what is going in their little papers or with the psychotic Sky After Dark crowd but the narrative in The Australian is very much in the victim's corner at this stage. It does only take one rogue columnist to upset that applecart though.

Devil's advocate on a few issues.

If the Government's claim is true, and I am not saying it is or isn't, that every senior person who dealt with Ms. Higgins encouraged her to go to the police then at the macro level there's not much more they could do. Of course, at the micro/welfare level, there were undoubtedly bad mistakes made, like conducting the meeting in the same room where the offense occurred.

The woman who has come out with the subsequent allegation claims that if the Government had handled differently her rape could've been avoided. That may or may not be true, but she has also not reported this guy to the police either and didn't make her story public until somebody else got the ball rolling. In a sense, she has done nothing to protect the next woman either.

I don't blame either woman for not rushing to the police. These cases, where you have two people in a room with no witnesses and no real physical evidence, would be extremely difficult to prosecute and subject the woman to incredibly difficult and potentially very traumatic cross-examination. You can see why many women simply choose to try and get on with their lives rather than deal with the police and the justice system and be forced to relive the humiliation several times over again.

I don’t disagree about Cruz or your observation about the media in America, but one of those two things is clearly worse than the other. Cuomo should be facing massive fire from both sides, his response to Covid was a disgrace and cost so many lives.

I’m sure it’s no accident but I think it’s an intriguing situation:-

One the one side, the following guys are criticised for making mistakes when trying to deal with a problem:

Dan Andrews (Hotel Quarantine)
Cuomo (Aged Care)

On the other side, the following guys are criticised for removing themselves from the situation:

Cruz (Texas big freeze)
Scott Morrison (Fires)
Chris Christie (Went to the beach)

Pick your poison...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sure it’s no accident but I think it’s an intriguing situation:-

One the one side, the following guys are criticised for making mistakes when trying to deal with a problem:

Dan Andrews (Hotel Quarantine)
Cuomo (Aged Care)

On the other side, the following guys are criticised for removing themselves from the situation:

Cruz (Texas big freeze)
Scott Morrison (Fires)
Chris Christie (Went to the beach)

Pick your poison...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1613794122600.png

I think a fair bit was studied into the systemic rape of Chinese women by the Japanese. Google Nanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back