Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I challenged someone here recently to find one occasion, one single time when Scott Morrison has stood up in public and said he (or his government) was wrong or made a mistake about anything & apologised.
In his entire career has he ever taken the weight that comes with being a leader?
Not once.
Nope, he wants all the perks of being a Prime minster but none of the responblity

I challenged someone here recently to find one occasion, one single time when Scott Morrison has stood up in public and said he (or his government) was wrong or made a mistake about anything & apologised.
In his entire career has he ever taken the weight that comes with being a leader?
Not once.

He apologised for the failures in aged care last year

He apologised to some conspiracy theorist in December last year

He apologised to Brittany just last week

We all needed to have that,so we could go to the footy,dont you know.

We still went to the footy.
We all went frig off, you cant mandate me to download an app.

Notone person was located using his silly app.
Twits.

Wrong. It identified a few in NSW, but only 20% of community transmission cases even had the app installed. Hard to work when people won’t use it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not really proof that Morrison is lying, but if he's not then there is obviously a problem with a culture of plausible deniability in his office

Morrison's statement in question time today;

"... When it was drawn to my attention, I drew them to the attention of the member for Hughes when we met together several weeks ago, he undertook to take certain actions in relation to that staff member, that was not followed through on, and he took the decision."

So after it was drawn to his attention he met with the member for Hughes "several weeks ago" - which I guess could mean 35 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Everything is weasel words and plausible deniability with this snake.

More from Morrison - he could not lie straight in bed - remember Eliza Barr emailed Morrison and pretty much everyone in his office directly in July 2020;

"As you know any employment matters of a member of parliament is a matter ...

The matters that I raised with the member for Hughes – related of course when we met several weeks ago to the various statements he had made concerning the government’s response to the pandemic and health measures put in place.

Over the last few weeks I became aware of some other matters which the Department of Finance ...

... With the Department of Finance, and we have initiated a process that is looking into those precise matters that came to my attention a few weeks ago.

The interjections of the leader of the opposition seem to confuse the fact that I have long held issues regarding a particular staff member and their performance in that office, not related to the issues he is referring to in asking that question.

That is a matter I have raised on numerous occasions, but that reached a more serious point in recent weeks, I raised those matters with the member for Hughes, he undertook to take some certain actions on behalf of those discussions, those actions were not taken, and the member for Hughes has taken his decision today."

Morrison's statement in question time today;

"... When it was drawn to my attention, I drew them to the attention of the member for Hughes when we met together several weeks ago, he undertook to take certain actions in relation to that staff member, that was not followed through on, and he took the decision."

So after it was drawn to his attention he met with the member for Hughes "several weeks ago" - which I guess could mean 35 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Everything is weasel words and plausible deniability with this snake.
What I mean is that (to my understanding) Eliza Barr did not speak to Morrison - she emailed his office

Emailing his office doesn't necessarily mean it made it to him, hence saying he only became aware of it a few weeks ago is not necessarily a lie

However it does mean (at a minimum) someone in his office deliberately kept it from him - which is a culture of plausible deniability and problematic in its own right

What I mean is that (to my understanding) Eliza Barr did not speak to Morrison - she emailed his office

Emailing his office doesn't necessarily mean it made it to him, hence saying he only became aware of it a few weeks ago is not necessarily a lie

However it does mean (at a minimum) someone in his office deliberately kept it from him - which is a culture of plausible deniability and problematic in its own right

Which seems to be a very common theme with governments at all levels these days, even with vital information not passed on or senior government officials actually replying to emails but not reading them.

Amendments such as " not getting any money from FB " lol

Clennell and gilbert trying to jazz it up on sky

This is the statement from Facebook - they are about to send Murdoch a bill for their services - lol

We’re pleased that we’ve been able to reach an agreement with the Australian government and appreciate the constructive discussions we’ve had with Treasurer Frydenberg and Minister Fletcher over the past week.

We have consistently supported a framework that would encourage innovation and collaboration between online platforms and publishers.

After further discussions, we are satisfied that the Australian government has agreed to a number of changes and guarantees that address our core concerns about allowing commercial deals that recognise the value our platform provides to publishers relative to the value we receive from them.

As a result of these changes, we can now work to further our investment in public interest journalism and restore news on Facebook for Australians in the coming days.

This is the statement from Facebook - they are about to send Murdoch a bill for their services - lol

We’re pleased that we’ve been able to reach an agreement with the Australian government and appreciate the constructive discussions we’ve had with Treasurer Frydenberg and Minister Fletcher over the past week.

We have consistently supported a framework that would encourage innovation and collaboration between online platforms and publishers.

After further discussions, we are satisfied that the Australian government has agreed to a number of changes and guarantees that address our core concerns about allowing commercial deals that recognise the value our platform provides to publishers relative to the value we receive from them.

As a result of these changes, we can now work to further our investment in public interest journalism and restore news on Facebook for Australians in the coming days.
Had the Zuck caved, i would've left FB for good.

( I'm sure it would've survived lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back