Play Nice Joe Daniher 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good odds for the Coleman. Will be the main figure and a lot of the ball coming in to the 50.

Not with his history of injuries it's not. However, if he does remain healthy, why even bother with Coleman medal odds when you can back in Brisbane for the flag?
Daniher playing all season means Brisbane have all the pieces in place to take the next step.

Not with his history of injuries it's not. However, if he does remain healthy, why even bother with Coleman medal odds when you can back in Brisbane for the flag?
Daniher playing all season means Brisbane have all the pieces in place to take the next step.
Daniher Coleman into Lions Flag. Even better.

I know but they could have had the best of Joe had they not mismanaged him!

Woah, don't open that pandoras box! You'll have the hoard on you, straw-manning about the club you support and even some claiming they have 'inside sources' that they cannot explicitly share much details on, but that Essendon did everything they possibly could and didn't put a foot wrong, nothing to see there...

Woah, don't open that pandoras box! You'll have the hoard on you, straw-manning about the club you support and even some claiming they have 'inside sources' that they cannot explicitly share much details on, but that Essendon did everything they possibly could and didn't put a foot wrong, nothing to see there...
Pretty sure he just wanted to GTFO of Victoria mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon will rue letting him go

The problem is not Daniher though.(past injury aside) The problem is Essendon.
Our delivery to the forward line has been atrocious for years. Even during games where Essendon had a higher number of entries, the kicks were often hack kicks or the support for Daniher was relied on by Tippa or Fantasia and he was injured a lot. Daniher had to take the game on and often resembled how Lloyd used to play up the ground just to get into the game. But Lloyd had way better support from the midfield and ball movement than Daniher had.

I don't think it's any secret that Essendon's kicking accuracy is some of the poorest in the league.

Daniher has the potential to be a Mathew Lloyd but with even bigger marking agility as his performances were in a very mediocre/poor Essendon team.

I don't even think i'm being harsh when I say Essendon would often resemble an OK VFL side playing in the AFL.

Daniher of course would benefit from going to a team where the midfield and forward are much more confident and well practiced, natural footballers. The lions have that going for them. EFC still to this moment haven't really showed an entire game where they look confident moving the ball forward and leading for marks. In fact often it looks a team who don't even know what they are doing in that area of the ground. Just 1 game.

You could even use NBA examples, D.Howard and players moving to new teams, they can indeed play much better in a different chemistry of people.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back