Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she is saying The Australian made it up. Where's Kevin Rudd with his hate speech on the Murdoch press.
Oh wait. He only cares when they smear his dumb fu**s unionist party, not when it allegedly libels a sitting MP of Federal Parliament.

Not sure where the media comes into any of this

The following has been given as a possible explanation of Reynolds use of lying cow

"I think it is a tacit admission and a clarification. She is making it clear that she was not "a lying cow" about the sexual assault, rather she was "a lying cow" with respect to support offered by the office, or something like that."

I've found an article showing images that got 6 books cancelled, and that's not depicted in any of them:

View attachment 1069515
A page from And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street. The 1937 work by Dr. Seuss will no longer be published due in part to this page featuring an illustration of a "Chinese man who eats with sticks."

View attachment 1069516
An illustration from If I Ran the Zoo.

View attachment 1069517
Inuit-looking figures depicted in Scrambled Eggs Super!

View attachment 1069518
The “Eskimo Fish” featured in McElligot’s Pool.

View attachment 1069520
The “Nazzim of Bazzim” featured in On Beyond Zebra!

View attachment 1069521
Waiting for the signal from home, published by Theodor Seuss Geisel just at the onset of Japanese-American internment in 1942. PHOTO BY UC SAN DIEGO SPECIAL COLLECTIONS AND ARCHIVES

Apparently it was in his first book?

The over sensitivity is just bewildering. I heard a female politician say 'it's no wonder our country can't progress when it gets offended by a simple book'.

His acting was very good though, you have to admit that much. The tears and trembling were very real. Almost seemed as though he truly did care.

I just don't know how it can be proven when so much time is allowed to pass before an allegation is made.

That said, if he IS guilty I hope they find a way to prove it and nail him to the wall.

But, if he isn't, I hope he finds a way to prove the allegation wrong. That said, some will still consider him guilty even if he does.

It's easy to besmirch someone's name decades later, but much harder for either party to prove their case beyond doubt.

Contestant must've been a Pies member.

I love how sometimes when the contestant answers incorrectly, he keeps asking if they're sure before they lock it in because he knows it's wrong.
This was completely different tho.

Someone must have said something in his ear caus he tried to backpedal.. she didnt even notice tho was clueless and passed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no chance now that the people allegedly responsible for these series of rape allegations will get a fair trial. Even if they do in court they have no chance in the court of public opinion. Hence why the media should shut its pie hole and let justice take its natural course.

But that won't happen.
Will also be used as a political point scoring exercise that heats up with each scrap of news. Utterly pathetic.

So she is saying The Australian made it up. Where's Kevin Rudd with his hate speech on the Murdoch press.
Oh wait. He only cares when they smear his dumb fu**s unionist party, not when it allegedly libels a sitting MP of Federal Parliament.
Bit of a difference. Krudd sued Murdoch for a 100% lie and bizarre conspiracy theory that was claimed as "news"
If you've got the money why not threaten to sue? I would.
This women actually said it, admitted it and it has been reported as such.
Just a slight difference.

Well it looks like I've got a job - I thought today might just be a trial run to see how things go, but I've been asked to return tomorrow and told that they'll get an employment contract written up for me

This afternoon was for important info such as bank details, TFN and my superannuation detail, and have already received my first payslip

It's only a part-time job, but still 6 hours per day & 30 hours a week - though there's no official lunch break, but we are able to stop for lunch or go buy something (obviously don't abuse that though)

Day 1 was ok, though I felt totally out of my depth in terms of the financial side of things, and there's some very antiquated ways of doing things that may well do my head in. But I'm not going to give up so after 1 day and I've got a trial period to go through - so will try to stick things out, see how day 2 and beyond go

Well it looks like I've got a job - I thought today might just be a trial run to see how things go, but I've been asked to return tomorrow and told that they'll get an employment contract written up for me

This afternoon was for important info such as bank details, TFN and my superannuation detail, and have already received my first payslip

It's only a part-time job, but still 6 hours per day & 30 hours a week - though there's no official lunch break, but we are able to stop for lunch or go buy something (obviously don't abuse that though)

Day 1 was ok, though I felt totally out of my depth in terms of the financial side of things, and there's some very antiquated ways of doing things that may well do my head in. But I'm not going to give up so after 1 day and I've got a trial period to go through - so will try to stick things out, see how day 2 and beyond go
Sweeeet!!! Stoked for you.

Thats brilliant! !!! Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back