Review Round 3, 2021 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually want to give more than 5 votes. Had some really reasonable contributions.

Rich, Bailey, Lyons, Lester, Mitch, Birchall and Clug all deserved votes.
TBerry and Dev not far off. Fullarton gets a nod too for his work at ground level, even if he got smashed in the ruck - can hold his head high tonight.

Payne butchered a few.
Ah Chee good without the ball but abysmal with the ball.
Possibly Harris' worst game for the club.

In all the years I have been following the Brisbane Bears/ Brisbane Lions I can't recall us ever winning a game with a kick after the siren.

Browny got us a draw against the Swans(2005?) with a goal after the siren and I think we may have also got a draw against Port at the Gabba in similar fashion in our horror wooden spoon year in 1998, bit I can't remember which player kicked it.

I think Freo have knocked us off a couple of times after the siren and I know Barry Hall (for the Swans) got us at once the Gabba, I think in the early 2000's

Epic from Bailey! Poetic justice at it's finest! McClugagge was massive in that last quarter and great composure from Starcevich and then Rich with their short passes at the death instead of blazing away in the heat of the contest. Stoked to be 1-2 as opposed to 0-3. I also thought Adams really stepped up in the last quarter!

I really have enjoyed watching the younger Berry play these last couple of weeks. The pressure is still there, when you see him around the opposition you know he's going to pressure with pace. But he's now getting his hands on the ball, working up the ground and putting himself into contests, and getting on the scoreboard too.

McCluggage was elite, especially in that last 5 minutes. When everyone else was out on their feet and double grabbing the ball, his ability to be clean and get out of trouble was fantastic and was easily the best player.

Daniher had 18 disposals, 8 marks and kicked 3.3 on Moore who's been the in form defender going into this round (13 intercept marks in 2 games). I feel like he's game is going to be underrated.

Dev Robertson needs to stay in the side. Attacks the ball hard, stays on his feet, is competitive in the air. Key piece of our future midfield.

I think we saw why Birchall was in the side tonight. Against a team like Collingwood who zone up very well, his kicking broke the zone open multiple times.

Adams was huge in that last quarter. We saw why we keep persisting with trying to get him fit. He's ability to cover the ground and help out his teammates was massive. Took a few big intercept marks. Lester was also very solid all game, and clean with the ball.

Thought Ah Chee's pressure was handy up the ground, and when he was moved back as the extra, he did very well at impacting the contest. His kicking and decision making still needs a LOT of work though.

Fab 5 I went- Dev Robertson, Hugh McCluggage, Daniel Rich, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch Robinson. > Adams, Neale, Zorko, Starcevich, Daniher, Lester all really good as well, also thought T.Berry did some good things and will be a player for us long term with his pressure ah la Castagna from the Tigers.

I actually thought overall Zac had one of his down games but who cares he came good in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich and McCluggage were superb

Bailey was excellent too. Absolutely ice cold with the final kick.

Harris Andrews played pretty well on the whole, he was actually our second best according to the AFL Player Ratings

Ballenden has to go. He just has no impact on the game.

Rich and McCluggage were superb

Bailey was excellent too. Absolutely ice cold with the final kick.

Harris Andrews played pretty well on the whole, he was actually our second best according to the AFL Player Ratings

Ballenden has to go. He just has no impact on the game.

Ballenden reminds me of Schache to be honest, a lot of talent but does not seem to have the competitive edge you need in this comp.

Back