Review Round 3, 2021 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's pretty poor that our leading sports journos turn up to the press conferences dressed like they are heading down the servo for a carton of milk?
Rohan Connolly, absolute idiot. Stay away from his twitter feed. Other bloke in an Iron Maiden hoodie and backwards cap. What the?

Watching the replay it was a weird lead by Bailey. Basically no space so his opponent Noble didn’t even bother following but he cut off in front of Charlie’s lead and took an uncontested mark.

Rich and McCluggage were superb

Bailey was excellent too. Absolutely ice cold with the final kick.

Harris Andrews played pretty well on the whole, he was actually our second best according to the AFL Player Ratings

Ballenden has to go. He just has no impact on the game.
I must eat my words. I'm too reactionary tbh, and high expectations of Andrews.

If Adams can continue that form into the games, get Gardiner back and Andrews polish off the rough patches recently, that will be exciting.

Haha you could see Robbo's butt cheek when he jumped on top of the pile, someone was pulling his shorts down.

Ya I saw that too!! And I thought, 'Who's pulling Robbo's daks down?' Obviously the excitement of the moment made whoever was grabbing Mitchie's pants unmindful of what they were doing. Just as well Mitchie was wearing those compression shorts (he was wasn't he? Because if he wasn't my eyes are a problem)

Ya I saw that too!! And I thought, 'Who's pulling Robbo's daks down?' Obviously the excitement of the moment made whoever was grabbing Mitchie's pants unmindful of what they were doing. Just as well Mitchie was wearing those compression shorts (he was wasn't he? Because if he wasn't my eyes are a problem)
My wife made me rewind to check. It was Lyons dacking Mitch but yeh just nude compression shorts.

She was disappointed.

Grundy will get the 3 votes tonight. BoG.
He was massive especially in the first half. If he didn't play we would have won easily. Luckily we adjusted well and managed to shut down their mids from getting it out. Massive step up in pressure to stop Grundy's influence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dev was worth moving up the order for. Exciting player.

Yups...A critical piece of the midfield we have been missing. Didn't want to put the Mozz on him, but I knew he could be what he showed tonight, and only onwards and upwards from here (always been big super big on his recruitment) - and I even put him straight into my DT Team (not on the field but as the mid E though).

He is 100% the answer for the extra inside ball winning mid we have been missing for a while....

Bailey - perhaps the best recruiting decision we have made in recent years -a dead-set gun.

Never been impressed in any way by Ballenden - he just is not an AFL level player and will never be (IMHO).

We should have recruited a more AFL ready/mature ruck last draft, and we missed a few opportnities to do so - massively exposed on this error tonight.

Great win, and one for the ages - Enjoy all.

Just my 2c - FWIW.

Well done Lions. You're everyone's second team at the moment - especially after that. Thanks for the lols.

I know you don't mean anything by saying it, but 'being everyone's second team' usually means that opposition fans don't see you as a threat. I personally want opposition fans to loathe us with a passion.

Well, we've called so many games as lost at selection / coaching table but let's put this one firmly as a win for the coaches.

Ruck and midfield coach went in knowing we won't win the taps, make some plans to cover it. Teaching Fullarton and Ballenden to hang in there with Grundy. Lots and lots of moves trying to cover the collingwood plays after every ruck contest.

Coaches kept problem solving while we kept falling apart kicking into forward 50. We also kept persisting on the short kick play and adjusting to a new style in season. Clearly something new we're adding here, that short kick turnover from Rich in defense stood out for me, he could've roosted that 80m easy.

Throwing Ah Chee back as free man to stop the lead from blowing up beyond 4 goals. Basically just keeping their wits together to hang in there and motivate the players on the bench. Awesome effort from both the coaches and the players, what a great win ! Well done to all of them.

Been working. Couldn't watch the last quarter (Or much of the 3rd).

What a result. So happy for the boys and for Fages!

Hope our match threads improve, getting very tiring reading so much drivel.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does anyone else think it's pretty poor that our leading sports journos turn up to the press conferences dressed like they are heading down the servo for a carton of milk?
Representing Iron Maiden

Back