Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney is everything a football club should be. They have the strongest culture in the AFL. They don't appear in scandals. When they drop off, they only do it for a few years. Their recruiting is the best in the league. They even turn bad players into good ones and they are able to get huge sponsors. They are also the perfect example of how a northern club should be run and their academy success proves that we need to do better with ours too. I would love Brisbane to get to the point where all of our best players are from Queensland and most of our squad is from there as well.

Sydney is everything a football club should be. They have the strongest culture in the AFL. They don't appear in scandals. When they drop off, they only do it for a few years. Their recruiting is the best in the league. They even turn bad players into good ones and they are able to get huge sponsors. They are also the perfect example of how a northern club should be run and their academy success proves that we need to do better with ours too. I would love Brisbane to get to the point where all of our best players are from Queensland and most of our squad is from there as well.
Grass is always greener.

WRONG!!!

Sydney is such a pissweak club.

Always has been, always will be.

Grass is always greener.
I urge you to read the acadamy thread. From reports, our academy is poorly run and we struggle to locate any talent at all. Conversely, Sydney's is world class and their resurgence is proof of that. If we want to be the best, we need to model ourselves from the best. And that is Sydney, not Richmond.

Ahhhhhh the richmond board was delicious. The amount of melts was truly filling....I couldn’t eat another bite hahaha.
the complaints about the umpiring and the swans staging for free kicks in front of goals....geez I don’t ever remember a time a tigers player staged being pushed 🤔.....oh wait...pretty sure that’s the mo of 80% of their team. Hahaha

Puts our round 1 game into a bit more context. Some lessons learned from watching Sydney. Their short kicking game messes up a lot of defences.

And those expansive "guard space" zone defences like Richmond love to play ,don't work against a side that plays fast and can kick accurately into the holes.

I though we got sucked in in Round 1 by refusing to adjust our defensive style and Richmond didn't learn from us

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I urge you to read the acadamy thread. From reports, our academy is poorly run and we struggle to locate any talent at all. Conversely, Sydney's is world class and their resurgence is proof of that. If we want to be the best, we need to model ourselves from the best. And that is Sydney, not Richmond.
I'm trying to take that on board.

It's hard though.

Tigers fans saying exactly what we were saying. "Worst game in 3 years, looks like we weren't even trying."

Maybe Sydney are actually that good. Took apart our game plan and Richmond's. Turns out Richmond's pressure gamestyle doesn't work if you don't turn it over.

We need to find our Tom Hickey as well. Hopefully we're putting the feelers out to a journeymen ruck at one of the other 17 teams.

We need to find our Tom Hickey as well. Hopefully we're putting the feelers out to a journeymen ruck at one of the other 17 teams.
Stef Martin could go around again, would be a good journeyman ruck to help cover the injuries.

Tigers fans saying exactly what we were saying. "Worst game in 3 years, looks like we weren't even trying."

Maybe Sydney are actually that good. Took apart our game plan and Richmond's. Turns out Richmond's pressure gamestyle doesn't work if you don't turn it over.

With Archie having an achilles injury there's every chance we'll be scouting for a ruck in the mid season draft. Matt Eagles or Stef Martin would be perfect.

Edit: Heck the way things are panning out, we might have to get Ben Hudson back in a playing coaching role.

2 losses in a row for the Saints against average teams like Dees & Bombers would not be a good look for them.

Must win for them today, have to improve in this match.

Getting PTSD of the "point" the Saints got against us in what 2004-5?. If only they could have reviewed that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back