Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting PTSD of the "point" the Saints got against us in what 2004-5?. If only they could have reviewed that one...

Cost us the minor premiership in the end, which ended up with us having to play a home prelim at the MCG and derailed our fourpeat.

Costliest goal umpiring decision ever.

Bombers pressure far too good. Would be beating most sides today.

Bombers pressure far too good. Would be beating most sides today.

Their pressure is superb but on the flipside there's zero from the Saints. There was a passage on the wing where Essendon couldn't hit a clean target and each receiver was under pressure. Every single Bomber player managed to shirk the tackle of the Saints player.

Well hasn't this been a fun round, and it isn't over yet.

My tipping's down the gurgler though.

Getting PTSD of the "point" the Saints got against us in what 2004-5?. If only they could have reviewed that one...
I remember going to school the day after and my grade four Saints fan teacher absolutely giving it to me. I was only 10 years old ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney is everything a football club should be. They have the strongest culture in the AFL. They don't appear in scandals. When they drop off, they only do it for a few years. Their recruiting is the best in the league. They even turn bad players into good ones and they are able to get huge sponsors. They are also the perfect example of how a northern club should be run and their academy success proves that we need to do better with ours too. I would love Brisbane to get to the point where all of our best players are from Queensland and most of our squad is from there as well.

Easy now, I hate it when Culture gets trotted out as soon as Swans start winning. What happened to culture last year, did it take a holiday when Elijah Taylor broke COVID protocol and bashed his GF in the hotel room ? So annoying when wins get rolled up with club culture and all the rose color glasses view of the world.

Easy now, I hate it when Culture gets trotted out as soon as Swans start winning. What happened to culture last year, did it take a holiday when Elijah Taylor broke COVID protocol and bashed his GF in the hotel room ? So annoying when wins get rolled up with club culture and all the rose color glasses view of the world.

And when has there been issues with our club culture recently?

darn weekend family lunches.. seems I missed out on a cracker of a match to watch. will have to watch the replay (and maybe the st kilda one too)

also the aflw matches I like the results :)

Their pressure is superb but on the flipside there's zero from the Saints. There was a passage on the wing where Essendon couldn't hit a clean target and each receiver was under pressure. Every single Bomber player managed to shirk the tackle of the Saints player.

This. If they were playing on the MCG the pigeons would be applying more pressure than St Kilda.

darn weekend family lunches.. seems I missed out on a cracker of a match to watch. will have to watch the replay (and maybe the st kilda one too)

also the aflw matches I like the results :)
I wouldn't bother wasting your time on the ST Kilda game.

I know a lot of the old-school "try to kill your opponent" types probably don't like it, but I just watched some of the highlights of the Tigers/Swans game and I LOVE this new trend of players checking up on their opponent/staying with their opponent when they've accidentally hit them high/they've gotten injured. Charlie did it on Thursday and it happened again today. It's a great improvement on instantly jumping up and starting to swing at anyone close by.

Sydney were very disciplined with their ball movement. Short kicks drawing players before going inside 50. A lot of teams cut out the middle man and will dump it in. Some really good coaching from the Swans.

I know a lot of the old-school "try to kill your opponent" types probably don't like it, but I just watched some of the highlights of the Tigers/Swans game and I LOVE this new trend of players checking up on their opponent/staying with their opponent when they've accidentally hit them high/they've gotten injured. Charlie did it on Thursday and it happened again today. It's a great improvement on instantly jumping up and starting to swing at anyone close by.

Also a great way to get whatever sympathy you can at the tribunal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back