Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umps in this game have just been... Seemed that there was one set of rules for Essendon and another set for Sydney. Especially the HTB and deliberate interpretations. Given that the margin was only 2 points in the end, I completely understand if Essendon feel hard done by.
We seem to have taken it well...

I mean there were several blatant high frees not paid to us, and Hickey got a free against for his opponent not getting up after a tackle.

Frankly the whole game was poorly umpired. We probably got the better overall but there were some awful calls all round.

This is the most blatant form of biased damage control that I have seen

Have a look around you m8. Literally every oppo supporter is calling this s**t out (which rarely happens), get your hand off it and get a grip

Well done Essendon. Fantastic game and took it right up to us. They shut our centre game down completely and we didn't do a great job changing on the fly. One of those weird games where we could have lost by 5 goals but at the same time should have won by 5 goals.

Interesting how many Richmond supporters on here sook it up. The Essendon supporters are showing more class in defeat. I think we got the benefit of the 50-50 calls at times tonight. That being said, last week arms around the forward was a free yet Franklin and Reid were held at every forward contest and got nothing. Franklin was kicked in the hand and got nothing. There were multiple holds on Papley after he disposed of it that weren't paid. We got the lucky end this week. Two weeks ago we got nothing against Adelaide. Swings and roundabouts.

Yes. When a player doesn't have prior, which possession out of the ruck no longer counts of, and attempts to dispose, which Hickey did, it's not HTB.
What you are really trying to say is that you are mad as hell because Hickey should have been given a free and a 50 because his mop of Scooby doo hair was shunted out of place.

Watch how many times in the remainder of this round rucks get called htb for similar.

Back