Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Lobb doesn’t play this week, we desperately need a second key defender. Butts will have his hands full with Tavener and Darcy has been a real handful when he resting in attack. I will be very surprised if Murray misses the 22 this week.

The question is which of our seven defenders miss out? Hammill? Kelly? Brown? McPherson? The other option is to move Brodie to the wing full-time and leave out one of the small forwards.

The otherkey match-up is our second ruck. Freo are using two genuine ruckmen in Meek and Darcy so Rob will be under a lot of pressure. It would not surprise me if Billy lives to ride again.
If they have 3 KPFs, Butts to Tabener, Doedee to Lobb and Kelly to Darcy. Otherwise, I'd I like to see Murray or McAsey in for Darcy, meaning Kelly out.

Interesting with McAdam

*If* I was coaching him one of things I'd be trying to instil is understanding the difference between being sore and being injured

In fairness, he probably didn't even know he had a sternoclavicular joint until Sunday, let alone know what it felt like to be sore/injured

In fairness, he probably didn't even know he had a sternoclavicular joint until Sunday, let alone know what it felt like to be sore/injured
Even in a short career similar has happened to him multiple times. Seems to be a pattern

Latest attempt
Rowe Thilthorpe McAdam
Schoenberg Walker Fogarty
Hamill Laird Sholl
Seedsman Doedee Smith
Brown Butts Murray
O’Brien Keays Hately
Murphy
Lynch
Worrell
McPherson
sub McHenry

Newchurch Frampton Davis
B Cook Himmelberg Pedlar
Berry Jones Wright
Kelly McAsey Mackay
Hall Borlase Merrett
Strachan O’Connor Latchford
J Matthews
Clarke
J Cook
Boyle

Last edited:
If they have 3 KPFs, Butts to Tabener, Doedee to Lobb and Kelly to Darcy. Otherwise, I'd I like to see Murray or McAsey in for Darcy, meaning Kelly out.
Have you seen Darcy?

He would eat Kelly as a pre-dinner snack. He is 202 cm and allegedly 113 kg but looks more like 120+ kg. Imho, Murray is the best option because McAsey is often pushed aside by a bigger body. McAsey bounced off Nobes (a country football journeyman) when we played the Panthers and Nobes is a similar weight but a bit shorter than Darcy.

Last edited:
Bit of the Novak Djokovic’s about him - hobbling around looking cooked for most of the match only to be the fittest player out there towards the end.

Rozee is the same for Port.

Have you seen Darcy?

He would eat Kelly as a pre-dinner snack. He is 202 cm and allegedly 113 kg but looks more like 120+ kg. Imho, Murray is the best option because McAsey isoften pushed aside by a bigger body. McAsey bounced off Noble (a country football journeyman) when we played the Panthers and Noble is a similar weight but a bit shorter.
To be fair, only ROB can compete with Darcy. So how do you best utilise our player's strenghts?

Peter Caven was running back with the flight of the ball and copped an elbow by a person with no eyes for it in one of the biggest acts of cowardice seen on a football field.

dog act. Like Judd’s pressure points, lost all respect for him

Wouldn't Benny Davis be the next man in if Lynch can't go?

who? Forgot he was on the list. Happy to cut but willing to try him properly

Similar to the amount who can't detect sarcasm?
A bit hard to tell that you're being sarcastic, given the lack of emojis - and the fact that every man & his dog is having a go at me because I don't see Fogarty through these:
1*8Ar5-s-uF2bcw3_hDXFzDQ.jpeg

Apologies if you weren't intending to be one of the 50 posters having a go at me in this thread.

A bit hard to tell that you're being sarcastic, given the lack of emojis - and the fact that every man & his dog is having a go at me because I don't see Fogarty through these:

Apologies if you weren't intending to be one of the 50 posters having a go at me in this thread.
Can I join in?

Those aren't rose coloured, they are pink.

Jeez man.

who? Forgot he was on the list. Happy to cut but willing to try him properly
Me too, but it has to happen soon if its ever going to happen. With Worrell, Pedlar and Thilthorpe knocking on the door, as well as Crouch, Sloane and Talia all coming back from injury his chances to gaining a best 22 spot are slimming down by the week.

I think this next 3 rounds is probably his only chance, after that he's just playing out the season in the Magoo's before list cuts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As this is the changes thread, I'm assuming you think we should drop Fogarty for this week's game? He is a bust we should no longer be wasting a spot in the 22 on, right?You've been banging on about him replacing Sloane (very literal interpretation imo), so I'm guessing Fog out - mid in?

I'm interested in what your preferred changes would be for the upcoming game Vader. Genuinely curious. Not what you think is going to happen, but your preferred changes.

As this is the changes thread, I'm assuming you think we should drop Fogarty for this week's game? He is a bust we should no longer be wasting a spot in the 22 on, right?You've been banging on about him replacing Sloane (very literal interpretation imo), so I'm guessing Fog out - mid in?

I'm interested in what your preferred changes would be for the upcoming game Vader. Genuinely curious. Not what you think is going to happen, but your preferred changes.
My preference:
Out: Frampton, Fogarty
In: TT, Hately

** Depending upon injuries to Lynch, McAdam & Smith

I'd really like to be selecting Pedlar instead of Hately, given what I saw of him in the pre-season and read about his SANFL performance last week. Unfortunately, I think he's still a bit short of a gallop, and needs another 1-2 SANFL games to get himself match-fit. Even so, I'd still be tempted to bring him in, even if he only plays half a game - I really rate him that highly.

Dropping Frampton is a no-brainer. He's literally been worse than useless for 2 weeks running. TT probably still has aspects of his game which need attention, but Frampton's form demands dropping and Himmelberg is not a viable alternative at this point in time.

Dropping Fogarty for Hately (or Pedlar) goes some way towards fixing the midfield deficit created by replacing Sloane with Fog.

I wouldn't be completely averse to dropping Frampton, bringing in Hately (or Pedlar), and leaving Fogarty in as the 2nd forward. We certainly can't play Walker/Fog/Frampton in the same forward line, but I could live with Walker/Fog. Of course, this leaves us without any ruck support for ROB...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back