Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. I can take an older player taking their spot when their form deserves it but neither should be anywhere near AFL based on their form

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
FFS, they just started playing actual competitive VFL matches today.used to be by 5 games into the AFL season, the VFL has played at least 3 games... so we have youngsters with some match fitness in the VFL. But I agree with you that Betts and Smurph should be locked in a cabinet with a break in case of emergency sign on the front.

If we don’t try some youth with speed to match the game plan I don’t think we have the correct coach. Murph, Curnow, Newnes and Casboult need to be omitted throughout the year.
Murph is the sacred cow that goes for Cuners or Owies IMHO. Will DT have the cajones to do it or we just keep playing him, undeservedly so, in the 290 plus games zone so we just back ourselves into a corner and just can’t drop him shy of 300?! Someone needs to get ruthless and quickly.

Last edited:
Disappointing game, we have too many selfish and lazy players. The commitment each week is just not there, it's just too inconsistent for this team to go far.
Sadly our senior players are probably the worst offenders and most other clubs rely on there senior players for consistent effort and good decision making.
Changes i’d like to see:
Murphy for Cunners (we are desperate for speed and X factor)
Owies for Eddie (Eddie tries hard but go missing and cannot kick more than 35m now)
Stocker for Newnes/SPS (Stocker is a great kick, has mongrel and tackles & has earned a call up)
We will never win a flag with Jones as a key back, so we need to recruit or draft a key back as a priority.

Finally Doc and Cripps need to go back to basics; they were both pretty avg.

Great summary. Hard to argue with any of that.
Such a demoralising game tonight.
At the ground it was painful to watch.
We would just struggle to get any chain forward, then kick it to Aliir as if HE was our forward target. Then they’d get the ball into space and have loose men everywhere.
We really make hard work of quite simple actions.
Footy doesn’t have to be rocket science.
You want to be predictable to your teammates and unpredictable to the opposition.
Sadly we are the opposite on both counts.

Just a few more random thoughts... After Liddle and Teague calling for fans to show up this week, they're going to have a harder task next week... Please, please play Stocker... And I am struggling to see how anyone 31 or above will be in our next Premiership side, so can we please have a few of the younger players (although today at VFL only Stocker certainly, and Cuningham to some degree could really lay a claim). Missing the Jack-Jacks and TDK. Hoping for a better showing next week...

What a waste of time going to that game. Pitiful effort by 90% of the team.

Murphy can piss right off and retire.

SPS can piss right off and get cheap kicks in the Eagles backline.

Williamson can enjoy the VFL and stop stealing Stocker's spot in the side.

Sam Walsh is too good for this team.

Kidding ourselves if we think we're any chance of finals.

And we have at least half a dozen players who are simply not very good and another 2 or 3 who are past it. The rest who are bloody talented are not coached particularly well. What is our game plan???
Get it run hard and kick long to a 3 on 1 at top of square then turn run the other way-- or we mix it up and give the opposition the ball at half forward so we can run the other way -- don't you watch the game

The people calling for Teague to be sacked are the same people who were asking for Ratten to get sacked.

Can we learn from our mistakes and stop pointing the figure like children?

I’m not calling for him to be sacked, but I think the evidence is there that he needs an experience senior assistant rather than the stale old rabble we call our assistant coaching staff.
Not these people specifically, but a Mark Williams, Ross Lyon, Michael Voss, Luke Hodge, Dean Solomon type. Someone with some football nous and a harder edge than he has. We are too damn nice. Need some mongrel, on field and off.
Keep O’Keefe, Power and probably Amos.
Ditch the rest, get some fiery, experienced footy heads in there to shake things up.
If our players are too soft to hear some home truths, they can P*** off as well.

What a waste of time going to that game. Pitiful effort by 90% of the team.

Murphy can piss right off and retire.

SPS can piss right off and get cheap kicks in the Eagles backline.

Williamson can enjoy the VFL and stop stealing Stocker's spot in the side.

Sam Walsh is too good for this team.

Kidding ourselves if we think we're any chance of finals.
That's why I didn't go. Saw this result coming a mile off

Not sure where those bagging my prediction out mid week are now

Was too exhausted from my own game today to be barracking and emotionally invested in this one, so very calmly observed from level 4.

- Port are a serious side. So clean in tight and they executed their plan perfectly (now that's out of the way).
- We have no structure at all, nil. We just try and win the ball then wing it. Port knew this and dropped someone in front of Harry every time.
- Cripps calls for the ball in really bad places
- McKay will be fine, it's a compliment to him with how much work they put into stopping his run and jump at the ball. Not his best game though.
- SPS; geez, I think we've cooked this guys development just quietly. He doesn't help his cause with his lack of physicality and no athleticism.
- Walsh, Weitering, Cottrell and Fogs did ok.

We really need to get Teague some tactical help. It's clear he's popular with the players so let him focus on man management, so get him some bloody help, because he gets outcoached a lot at the moment. This evening was a bloodbath against the seasoned Hinkley.

End of this year we need to move on from Murph, Cas, McGovern. Easily replaceable players via recruiting. Plowman hangs on but if we're going to become a contender he is likely on the outer. Wouldn't mind seeing him tried in another position to be honest.

I personally think we've cooked the development of this current batch of kids - Dow, LOB, SPS, Cuningham, Williamson. With the new VFL standalone side I'd love to see the focus shift to Stocker, Parke, Ramsay, Philp, TDK. We can build around our top-tier players, round it out with these hungry kids and some decent recruiting. Oh and some ******* good assistants.

I'm worried for Teague if we don't get him the help we needs, it won't be long before the knives come out and we go for another million-dollar-messiah. It's the Carlton way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we are all being overly dramatic, getting rid of SOS looks like a great call. Besides the two obvious number 1 picks we were gifted no other player he brought in is driving our improvement at all.

In fairness to SOS, he wasn’t involved in player development, strategy, game day coaching, etc.
The list isn’t bad, the way we develop the players is.

Long way away.

Like so far away it's hard to see the 2016 rebuild get us to the finals. Likely we might need to rebuild again.

Dow, O Brien, Setterfield, SPS, Cuningham, Kennedy, Marchbank, Curnow, McGovern... huge investment in these guys via trades or draft and we have had no returns - injuries, mind set, physicality.

Kemp, Stocker, Philip haven't been fit to play since they've arrived.

Dark times. Dark dark times
Gov was physical and did a few nice thing through the game. Laid some crunching tackles while everyone else seemed to be content letting opposition run past them.

I mean, last week they beat Richmond without trying for a direct counter to their pressure game; they went head to head with a side that won 3 flags in 4 years, and were just better. Not better for 5 minutes, but missed more shots in the last quarter that they should've kicked. They're a bloody good team, and that third term is about as good a quarter of footy as they've played this year.

I've got to question what y'all thought was going to happen. They're that much better than us at a neutral venue, probably a little more at home a little less here; we played poorly, and they played well. They're not usually clinical; they usually do enough to get clear then play slow classy footy. They were clinical tonight; whenever we goaled, they answered quickly. Whenever we got a sliver of confidence or that faintest of hope, they snuffed it out.

So, I log on here, and what do I see? The same bunch of people I always see after a loss, doing as they always do. Am I happy with how things proceed? Nope. I'm pretty ******* shitty. But I can think of few things I can stomach less than the weakness of the so called 'supporters' on here. You show up to stick the boots in to people already hurting. You're scum.

The problem is clearly elucidated; we failed to successfully avoid Aliir and their intercept defense, and paid the penalty. They cut teams up like hot butter on transition, and so they cut through us.

I don't know how people convinced themselves we'd win this. They finished top of the ladder last year, and we jumped them then; they were never going to turn up tonight as anything less than prepared.

More than Happy to Have a Wager with you THE_GUN

$500
Richmond are a totally different beast when playing in the GF
Port smashed the tigers last year during the HA game but in the prelim at their home we take the chocalates

Happy to back tigers against port at the MCG on the last sat in september

Well that sucked.

The worst part was hearing some of the f****** b******* said by some alleged Carlton ‘supporters’, who claimed they can say what they want because they’re paid members... well you can f*** off with your b******* that’s really f****** encroaching on being f****** racist, not to mention the sexist s*** they thought was funny and cool. I’m genuinely angry and embarrassed. Got really close to punching on in a bar, and I like to think of myself as a calm and reasonable person. But f*** right now I am f****** ropable with some of the pieces of s*** who claim association with our club. They were kicked out by security eventually but I don’t want that scum having anything to do with us. In comparison the result meant f*** all.

Had some pretty offensive “supporters” near me on Level 1. Some racist remarks and general idiocy. I think they were kicked out too, weren’t there towards the end - although they may have left early, couldn’t blame them.

Doc had a shocker tonight.

He wasn't the only one but if you think that was a passable game then you and I have different expectations of our captain.
Like I said in the rest of the comment - there are 3 particular events that stick out to me (dropped mark in the goalsquare in the second, kick into man on the mark in the last, drop in forward pocket in the last) which colour the way I and all of us will look at his game but I think labelling his whole game a "shocker" is a bit harsh. Maybe we have different interpretations of passable - I'm certainly not saying he was more than a 5/10. But when the vast majority of the team barely cracks a 3...

I mean, last week they beat Richmond without trying for a direct counter to their pressure game; they went head to head with a side that won 3 flags in 4 years, and were just better. Not better for 5 minutes, but missed more shots in the last quarter that they should've kicked. They're a bloody good team, and that third term is about as good a quarter of footy as they've played this year.

I've got to question what y'all thought was going to happen. They're that much better than us at a neutral venue, probably a little more at home a little less here; we played poorly, and they played well. They're not usually clinical; they usually do enough to get clear then play slow classy footy. They were clinical tonight; whenever we goaled, they answered quickly. Whenever we got a sliver of confidence or that faintest of hope, they snuffed it out.

So, I log on here, and what do I see? The same bunch of people I always see after a loss, doing as they always do. Am I happy with how things proceed? Nope. I'm pretty ******* shitty. But I can think of few things I can stomach less than the weakness of the so called 'supporters' on here. You show up to stick the boots in to people already hurting. You're scum.

The problem is clearly elucidated; we failed to successfully avoid Aliir and their intercept defense, and paid the penalty. They cut teams up like hot butter on transition, and so they cut through us.

I don't know how people convinced themselves we'd win this. They finished top of the ladder last year, and we jumped them then; they were never going to turn up tonight as anything less than prepared.
I didn't expect a win and predicted a result like this. But it's the same s**t every week. Cripps missing a goal a captain should kick (and playing like he has the last 2 years), the other captain dropping sitters, Eddie and Murphy doing nothing and shouldnt be on the list let alone in the team.....

Same s**t every week.

Shitty skills and kicked ourselves out of any scoreboard pressure being applied for the whole match until the last ten minutes when it was a bit of kick and giggle.

I love Cripps but his kicking is a liability and, in quiet moments when I tune in to that little truth-telling voice in the back of my head, I think it wouldn't be so bad if he played for someone else.

Back