Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like he's been disenfranchised by Snelling.

Imagine if he was playing as well as Snelling though, two tackling machines in the forward line would be enormous. Not to mention adding Tippa to that as well with his pressure.

Hope he can get back near to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing has changed after a big loss against a quality list. One good game this year (when we had 21 other players who had a good game) and we extended his contract. It’s comically typical Essendon.

I’d like to know if it was a really cheap deal and he was ok to be dropped to the reserves and/or whether Rutten was asked for his opinion.

Well, two healthy seasons is almost enough games to make that happen... 🤷‍♀️ still a while away though.
The dream would be he returns to his best but it rarely happens when players bodies are rooted. I’ve given up on getting more than 2-3 good games in a season. I don’t think his body can back it up week after week.

The dream would be he returns to his best but it rarely happens when players bodies are rooted. I’ve given up on getting more than 2-3 good games in a season. I don’t think his body can back it up week after week.

Which begs the question why he got two more years.

I think he was meant to be the defensive forward on Rich last night, which was a monumental fail.

He did manage to intercept the pass that was heading straight to Stringer's chest.

Which begs the question why he got two more years.

I think he was meant to be the defensive forward on Rich last night, which was a monumental fail.

He did manage to intercept the pass that was heading straight to Stringer's chest.
Because we're not going to have anyone to take his spot regularly in the next two years.

Who is he keeping out of the team?

Because we're not going to have anyone to take his spot regularly in the next two years.

Who is he keeping out of the team?

In 2022 and 23? Any number of recruits/draftees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back