Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought David Mundy couldn't be an even better bloke after helping sink the crows.

Mundy - Great footballer and great bloke.

Also Mundy - “*. We have a supporter outside WA? I’ve got to get my photo with that kid”

Ziebell with 38 touches, 33 kicks and 946 metres gained playing off half-back. Our 'defensive' forwards are literally useless when you're getting torched this badly.

geelong are ******* cooked lmao

imagine getting torched by the corpse of fat ziebell
Knowing Geelong, they'll make a big play to recruit Ziebell next season.

In five years time they'll probably send over another contingent to try and recruit Boaky
Joke's on them, he'll only have about three or four years left in him by then.

Is that fur on the collingwood jumper?
Its supposed to be rosemary, which grows wild/naturally around Gallipoli. Lot of veterans wear a sprig of rosemary in their lapel when they march.

Will be a black day this ANZAC Day. Probably should let both teams wear black shorts and black socks.

Seriously, why isn't that Collingwood one inverted.
It would look so much more like a Collingwood guernsey and provide a better clash against Essendon.

Their shift towards predominantly black is at the crux of our guernsey issues.

I really like both Anzac designs but shouldn't be black v black

On jumpers, love the Grey Away BIB that we wore Sat Night

Closest to the PB and a solid tough looking colour combo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looked at the '02 draft. Me so sad seeing Mackie passed up for Salopek

Mackie was a noodle-armed accoutrement who thrived in a bulldozing dynasty.

If we drafted him he’d have probably maxed out as a more consistent Cam O’Shea, while if Salopek ended up at the Cattery he probably retires with a couple of AA guernseys at a minimum. Just always seemed to cop a weird injury/illness at the worst possible time, usually when he was looking a million bucks.

Having him as a fit, healthy,
experienced 28-29yo mid in that 2013/14 side would’ve been rather handy.

David King - I've got Richmond , Bulldogs and then Port and Melbourne for the flag right now. I just don't trust port to beat Richmond. Then said imagine if Melbourne or the dogs beat Richmond we'll have a new favourite. 🙄

Did he not watch the game a fortnight ago when we beat them with nobody on the bench?

I'm sick of this ESPN try hard

David King - I've got Richmond , Bulldogs and then Port and Melbourne for the flag right now. I just don't trust port to beat Richmond. Then said imagine if Melbourne or the dogs beat Richmond we'll have a new favourite. 🙄

Did he not watch the game a fortnight ago when we beat them with nobody on the bench?

Probably the same top 3 and order that I have right now. Don't think Melbourne or the Dogs beating Richmond would shift that either.

In fact I'd have Wet Toast over the Dees as well, and even Sydney would be at a very similar level to Melbourne. Melbourne simply haven't beaten a good, in form team yet. If they beat Richmond next week I'd move them in to fourth.

Stopped reading after David King

I'm not 100% sold on Bulldogs yet. They have thrashed easy beats. We've seen this before and then when it comes to the top sides, these sort of teams lose.

Richmond are #1 due to proven track record
2. Sydney. They've had solid wins and against some good sides.
3. Port/Melbourne/West Coast. I think they're more even than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back