Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating something means nothing at all, cursing someone to eternity means he is bad. Create obedient slaves is the sign of goodness? So if i have a child and he grows up to be my slave only to serve me will i be good?

There's an explanation for everything that happens and whatever happens God is great. You pass the exams: god is great. You fail the exams: you suck but god is great. Someone gets better from a disease: god is great. Someone dies from a disease: god has a plan and god is great. Amusing logic.
And you know what, no matter how much you get out of meditation etc. you too are going to die. We all are, and whatever hell you and I and all people are experiencing in this life will end. But what next?

And you know what, no matter how much you get out of meditation etc. you too are going to die. We all are, and whatever hell you and I and all people are experiencing in this life will end. But what next?

You cease to exist? no one has come back from the dead.

You cease to exist? no one has come back from the dead.
Except Jesus.
Consider the possibility this is true.
You want to miss out on eternal life with the only man who has come back from the dead?

Lazarus, Mithras, Krishna, Rama, Sai baba and host of others.

Jesus was not the only one, 400 other zombies came out and went for a walk with Jesus that night.

Your history and Biblical knowledge is way off.
Garbage again. Anyway, consider the rest of that post, eager beaver.

Garbage again. Anyway, consider the rest of that post, eager beaver.
And the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had died arose. And AFTER His resurrection, they came out of the tombs and entered into the holy city, and appeared to many (Matthew 27:52 - 53).

You are welcome.

LOL you don't even know your own Bible. It's mentioned in John.

Head in sand..or up your own arse?
It was YOU who said nobody has come back from the dead....garbage I say.
Jesus is still the factor here.

Not one HISTORICAL figure, not mythology.

And i also mean, Jesus ISN'T the only mythical figure to come back from the dead like you suggested.
Why are we discussing Jesus on Ask A Christian?
I don't see any threads on the others you mentioned.
I don't see generations of believers in these you mentioned.
What makes Jesus so special that you believe you need to convince others not to believe in Him?
He has got you.

Why are we discussing Jesus on Ask A Christian?
I don't see any threads on the others you mentioned.
I don't see generations of believers in these you mentioned.
What makes Jesus so special that you believe you need to convince others not to believe in Him?
He has got you.

3 years ago, i was talking to a poster called number37 while i was slamming Islam and he asked me 'why dont you ever do it to a Christian'.

Stop crying cause you don't have the answers and your bullshit faith is challenged.

Sure.
You think you are all things to all people?
You live in wonderful Australia without God, and you think you are fine.
In your world view there is no God.
What about Africa and third world places.
Why are they like the way they are?
What is the history behind it?
RATHER THAN CANNING GOD FOR NOT BEING A MAGICIAN, WHY NOT EXPLAIN HOW IT ACTUALLY GOT THIS DESPERATE....
Roy and TP are more qualified to answer your question than I am. There are explanations for things beyond biblegod and biblebaddy if you look for them.

Your god isn't real so I don't blame it for anything.

The fact that He made us in His form,

That he made us in his form is merely a human construct. Human imagination. God was conceived in our image by human imagination. If God does exist, the form and nature of he/she/it is unknowable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years ago, i was talking to a poster called number37 while i was slamming Islam and he asked me 'why dont you ever do it to a Christian'.

Stop crying cause you don't have the answers and your bullshit faith is challenged.
If I have tears they are only for you, you poor lost searching soul. But as you repeatedly convince us, you are not lost, you have all the answers, and you only come here to parade this knowledge and insight. So no, no tears.

That he made us in his form is merely a human construct. Human imagination. God was conceived in our image by human imagination. If God does exist, the form and nature of he/she/it is unknowable.

Exactly, which is why god acts like us.

he is angry, he is happy, he is sad, he curses, he praises,he is a dick at times, good at others, he rewards etc

Yeah so not a figment of our imagination hey Vdubs

True, although His word tells us he has made us in His Image, and He sent a Human form of Himself in Jesus.

If I have tears they are only for you, you poor lost searching soul. But as you repeatedly convince us, you are not lost, you have all the answers, and you only come here to parade this knowledge and insight. So no, no tears.

I have little or no answers! but i know your version of god is bullshit, it's apparent from your replies. Save your crocodile tears and save it for that poor guy who goes to hell for NOT being a slave like you

Except Jesus.

Really?

Quite apart from that actual resurrection from the truly physically dead has not, to the best empirical evidence available, never actually occured, a number of figures have been claimed by their followers to have been resurrected from the dead. Baal, Melqart, Adonis, Eshmun, Osiris, Dumuzi, Asclepius, Achilles, Memnon, Alcmene, Castor, Heracles, Melicertes, Aristeas of Proconnesus and Alcestis just to name a few.

Justin Martyr stated: "when we say ... Jesus Christ, our teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propose nothing different from what you believe regarding those whom you consider sons of Zeus." (1 Apol. 21).

Even in the Bible, Jesus is not the only personage to be resurrected.

The daughter of Jairus was resurrected, a young man in the midst of his own funeral procession was resurrected, and of course Lazarus of Bethany. There was also Dorcas (also called Tabitha) and Eutychus. In the Old Testament Elijah raised a young boy from the dead, Elisha raised the son of the Shunammite woman and a dead man was also resurrected from Elisha's tomb.

St Columba raised a boy from the dead in the land of Picts.

Consider the possibility this is true.
You want to miss out on eternal life with the only man who has come back from the dead?

There is absolutely no evidence that any of that is actually true. In any case if Jesus is to be believed to have risen from the dead, then he is not the only one. Your own bible describes oher cases of various personages supposedly rising from the dead.

However it is miost likely that Jesus's earthly remains lie mouldering somewhere below the surface of Jerusalem. I myself may have even walked over them.

Really?

Quite apart from that actual resurrection from the truly physically dead has not, to the best empirical evidence available, never actually occured, a number of figures have been claimed by their followers to have been resurrected from the dead. Baal, Melqart, Adonis, Eshmun, Osiris, Dumuzi, Asclepius, Achilles, Memnon, Alcmene, Castor, Heracles, Melicertes, Aristeas of Proconnesus and Alcestis just to name a few.

Justin Martyr stated: "when we say ... Jesus Christ, our teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propose nothing different from what you believe regarding those whom you consider sons of Zeus." (1 Apol. 21).

Even in the Bible, Jesus is not the only personage to be resurrected.

The daughter of Jairus was resurrected, a young man in the midst of his own funeral procession was resurrected, and of course Lazarus of Bethany. There was also Dorcas (also called Tabitha) and Eutychus. In the Old Testament Elijah raised a young boy from the dead, Elisha raised the son of the Shunammite woman and a dead man was also resurrected from Elisha's tomb.

St Columba raised a boy from the dead in the land of Picts.

There is absolutely no evidence that any of that is actually true. In any case if Jesus is to be believed to have risen from the dead, then he is not the only one. Your own bible describes oher cases of various personages supposedly rising from the dead.

However it is miost likely that Jesus's earthly remains lie mouldering somewhere below the surface of Jerusalem. I myself may have even walked over them.

You are banging your head against the brick wall mate.

I have little or no answers! but i know your version of god is bullshit, it's apparent from your replies. Save your crocodile tears and save it for that poor guy who goes to hell for NOT being a slave like you
You don't know anything yet, but there is hope for you. Your experiences are unique and at times sad and I feel for you and others who are possibly searching. I know our replies are not convincing, but the dialogue continues.

True, although His word tells us he has made us in His Image, and He sent a Human form of Himself in Jesus.

And why should we believe the 'Word'? What is written in the word is merely an unsubstantiated claim by a human writer or writers. In other words a human construct.

And why should we believe the 'Word'? What is written in the word is merely an unsubstantiated claim by a human writer or writers. In other words a human construct.
When you don't have the need, don't worry about it.
'If your life takes a turn you could not have imagined, as has happened to many, the Word will be there, unchanged.

You don't know anything yet, but there is hope for you. Your experiences are unique and at times sad and I feel for you and others who are possibly searching. I know our replies are not convincing, but the dialogue continues.

Quest continues for human beings, science is a quest too. But for you guys the quest as ended as you have found your deity. That's the difference between you and I. You have the apparent 'answers' which you cannot answer and i have no answers at all.

As one great scientist once said 'i would have have no answers than answers that cannot be questioned'

You fall in the latter category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back