Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're insisting on the ultra tall forward line with Tex, Riley, EH & Fog. Four talls has failed every single time we've tried it.

Oh and D Mac over McPherson, in a rebuild. Any retractions from the "he's a break glass in case of emergency option only" crowd?

Yeah I’m baffled by this selection. Don’t understand DMac, Hately omission instead of Berry, going in fairly small with the exclusion of Murray, and going in super tall which hasn’t worked for us at all this season.

Very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Selection and strategy meeting this week:

darts-miss-dartboard-768x520.jpg

So we're insisting on the ultra tall forward line with Tex, Riley, EH & Fog. Four talls has failed every single time we've tried it.

Oh and D Mac over McPherson, in a rebuild. Any retractions from the "he's a break glass in case of emergency option only" crowd?

Yup. At least we'll try Fog in the midfield, which should mitigate it a tad.

So do we think a tall forward line is good because we are playing 4 of them? Or not worth worrying about as we are playing one tall defender?

Selection is a mess at the moment. Drop Mackay and Himmelberg for Murray and Worrell and we immediately look better structured, plus we are playing more youth.

So do we think a tall forward line is good because we are playing 4 of them? Or not worth worrying about as we are playing one tall defender?

Selection is a mess at the moment. Drop Mackay and Himmelberg for Murray and Worrell and we immediately look better structured, plus we are playing more youth.

The 4 talls worked in 2017 and we still refuse to admit that was purely on personal and its not even a remotely viable strategy.

The small defense is also just baffling, alongside not giving Murray any chance to settle.

We're certainly starting to show some signs that we've got one plan and cannot deviate from it.

So we've got Fog in - tick
Dropped underperforming McAdam and Moose - tick
Brown, Sloane and Hamill back - tick

Kept Rowe - cross
Gone taller forward - cross
Shorter defence - cross

One day we'll realise we don't simply have to do negative things to balance out the positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why drop Hatley, give the kid a chance in multiple games, not just 2 and I see Fog has gone back to being our yoyo selection again

We have always yo-yoed young players in and out of the team.

This week Hately and Murray have copped it. Last week it was Fogarty (who is now yo-yoed back in). Will keep happening.

Giving players a block of games in a rebuild is apparently beyond the capabilities of the club

Yeah I’m baffled by this selection. Don’t understand DMac, Hately omission instead of Berry, going in fairly small with the exclusion of Murray, and going in super tall which hasn’t worked for us at all this season.

Very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can understand Hately going out and Berry being retained. What player will best match the heat that Port will undoubtedly bring, that's a no brainer watching Hately last week. Fogarty/Berry >>>>Hately when the heat is on in the midfield.

nup.. they’ve all gone quiet.

you watch... mookay will get another year extention at years end and the same spineless mookay lovers will squeal “relax you melters... he’s a break glass option“ yet again... whilst in private celebrating yet another year for the safety blanket they cant seem to let go of...

every game we pick mookay to me is another game I hope we get flogged in... it was a joke that he was kept on the list at the end of 2018.. now its just bizarre.. beyond anything that is anywhere near joke worthy. what a heckn waste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back