Autopsy Round 8 North Melbourne vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

People think I am making this sh*t up it’s there for everyone to see they want us gone crowd more like 35000 or perhaps more . They were just letting people for ages just enter without counting
This is true, there were technical problems so they weren't scanning tickets when I entered at 3.30pm. Crowd looked about 30k to me

We have an interesting crop of highly rated youngsters coming through. Only Powell and probably TT after his third looked like they have what it takes just at the minute. If we can get them all working then this could be a bloody good squad.

Hate the way we are playing Philips, need to be in the VFL for a good month. Like to see Laz there as well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That was a bit hard to watch,
Mahony, Campbell, Hall great work honourable mention to McKay
Thomas played himself into well, love some of that slick stuff he does
Zurhaar better in the second half, but his confidence is at an all time low, shrink time Cam go have a chat.
Goldie worked hard
Any combination of Jye, LDU and Turner with Cunners in the midfield, does not work, preferred to see Cunners, Thomas and Powell.
We watched it on the box and what stood out like dogs balls was the bloody lack of movement off the ball, at on stage the camera scanned forward and it was like a field of statues, we need to start creating options off the ball.
Menadue had a good game, but him and Young are a bit light on and are to easily moved off the ball, time in the gym boys.
Jye, Jye, Jye what can I say, just not good enough from a future leader.
LDU, all I can say is, like last season with JZ playing injured. If you are not physically or mentally up to it, don't put your hand up for a game, you become a liability to your team. It's more than understandable that your head wouldn't be in it, take care of yourself.
I'm starting to think the biggest win we can have is a game with no injuries.
Remember, there's always next week

Lol if that was touched there should be 40 non marks a game.

Had more than enough ball.
Margetts knew it was a mark, in fact every player in the area stopped because they knew it was a mark.

Anyone thinking it was just an umpire mistake is naive.

This same piece of s**t has made so many inexplicable decisions against us now for it to be coincidence.

He’s not stupid, he knows he can do what he likes without any ramifications because this sport is too busy protecting umpires instead being mature enough to make them accountable.

That was a bit hard to watch,
Mahony, Campbell, Hall great work honourable mention to McKay
Thomas played himself into well, love some of that slick stuff he does
Zurhaar better in the second half, but his confidence is at an all time low, shrink time Cam go have a chat.
Goldie worked hard
Any combination of Jye, LDU and Turner with Cunners in the midfield, does not work, preferred to see Cunners, Thomas and Powell.
We watched it on the box and what stood out like dogs balls was the bloody lack of movement off the ball, at on stage the camera scanned forward and it was like a field of statues, we need to start creating options off the ball.
Menadue had a good game, but him and Young are a bit light on and are to easily moved off the ball, time in the gym boys.
Jye, Jye, Jye what can I say, just not good enough from a future leader.
LDU, all I can say is, like last season with JZ playing injured. If you are not physically or mentally up to it, don't put your hand up for a game, you become a liability to your team. It's more than understandable that your head wouldn't be in it, take care of yourself.
I'm starting to think the biggest win we can have is a game with no injuries.
Remember, there's always next week

“Any combination of Jye, LDU and Turner with with Cunners in the midfield, does not work,

This ....

That combo struggles. Needs Jed and probably Dumont

Margetts knew it was a mark, in fact every player in the area stopped because they knew it was a mark.

Anyone thinking it was just an umpire mistake is naive.

This same piece of sh*t has made so many inexplicable decisions against us now for it to be coincidence.

He’s not stupid, he knows he can do what he likes without any ramifications because this sport is too busy protecting umpires instead being mature enough to make them accountable.

Tell us how you really feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To which a lot of the crowd are screaming kick it forward.

F*** people are questioning why we go back and sideways in here.

When nothing moves in front of the ball our options reduce to two. Backwards/sideways or long down the line.

Long down the line is pus because we have a forward line made up of 1 tall and a bunch of short people.

So Moore takes 200 intercept marks off that s**t.

When we go backwards we do so like the grass is treacle. So slow.

People think I am making this sh*t up it’s there for everyone to see they want us gone crowd more like 35000 or perhaps more . They were just letting people for ages just enter without counting
Yeh honestly at the game, shocked it was 'only' 22k, looked like 30k minimum, very puzzling...

Thinking Philips and Taylor will make way next week. Dumont and Garner in would bring us a little more physical presence at the contest.

I fear for Taylor, he looks a yard off it and has lost his ability to compete in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To which a lot of the crowd are screaming kick it forward.

F*** people are questioning why we go back and sideways in here.

When nothing moves in front of the ball our options reduce to two. Backwards/sideways or long down the line.

Long down the line is pus because we have a forward line made up of 1 tall and a bunch of short people.

So Moore takes 200 intercept marks off that sh*t.

When we go backwards we do so like the grass is treacle. So slow.
The problem became that we looked back and side first, before we looked forward, this defeats the purpose.
We need to be working on off ball movement at training it's a massive weak link. The problem is when there's nothing forward we hesitate and lose confidence to take the game on.

The problem became that we looked back and side first, before we looked forward, this defeats the purpose.
We need to be working on off ball movement at training it's a massive weak link. The problem is when there's nothing forward we hesitate and lose confidence to take the game on.

We look to the 45 forward first. When no one is running it's not an option.

When someone is running and we f*** it up its a disaster. Then we stop looking for it.

Was literally a text book contact below the knees free kick. Made contact with jacks shoulder after he cannoned in to make up for the mckay howler. Cannot complain about that

Certainly not a textbook free. The rule - Law 18.7.2(b) - concerns "making forceful contact below the knees". In what sense does Ziebell coming in from the side aiming to smother but ending up on top of the ball shortly before Cameron's boot arrives constitute either Ziebell "making" the contact (when he was there first) or doing so "forcefully" (when his motion wasn't towards Cameron's legs, nor was he even really in motion by the time Cameron actually got there)? The broader rule is so ludicrously flexible that the umpiring department could easily mount a defence of this or any similarly poor decision (it just has to be "rough conduct... which in the circumstances is unreasonable"), but the specific 'contact below the knees' rule is demonstrably not applicable here, and it showed exactly the same lack of awareness as the Zurhaar deliberate call to pay this one against Ziebell.

When McKay makes a rare but significant error, and the captain covers him by playing the situation ideally but gets incorrectly penalised for it at the cost of a goal, I would say that's plenty of cause for complaint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back