Review Dogs 96 def Power 77 - Rd 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you really need to pull your head in - you know who you are. Those that keep pegging us down pre-game, during the game, questioning our ability, almost urging our loss to prove yourselves ‘right’. We’re 8-1 for goodness sake! The same group that says we’re not contenders unless we beat the likes of Port but somehow question how the game was still even after half-time when it was 2nd v 3rd heading into this round?! We are a good side..Dare I say it, a GREAT team! Premierships aren’t won this time of year, no, but damn I’m excited for what September will bring!

I AM SO F'N PROUD OF THIS TEAM! PROUD OF THE PLAYERS, PROUD OF THE COACHING STAFF! COME AT ME!
F…ing great post!

Not sure if there was a reason last night but for the first time I noticed Treloar shirk a couple of contested situations. He did cop a lot of attention early, some of it should have been called by the umps too...might have rattled him a bit perhaps. Don't get me wrong love his overall contribution since joining us.

Not really. Paying a compliment, thought you played as a team. Not as individuals. Not sure what more you want??
I can do a power point presentation??
Good on you for the compliment, good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

Psychologically that was such a good game for the young guys to be a part of and to come out on top. Especially those with few senior games on the clock.

It had everything in it to validate their belief, if it all they doubted it, that they belong and/or can contribute at that level. Playing away in front of a big and fiercely parochial home crowd. Ferals over the fence giving it to them. Silencing them initially with a superb Q1 only to hand momentum back in Q2 and bring them roaring back into it. But then being part of a team that held it's nerve, arrested the slide and ultimately prevailed.

Bit of a Swans away 2015 game. Be nice not to have wait a another year though....

The umps kept letting Port Aholes run in from the side before the player had moved. JJ had to beat 3 to kick that goal. AFL should look at Port's tactic, looks rehearsed, they were doing it all game.

There was one where it should have been 50 for entering the protected area

You can play Roarke ahead of Hannan any and every day. Complete mystery how he even got selected.
I get it we have to have a whipping boy but have a look at Hannans last qtr against the Blues. He hasn’t hit his straps yet but just like McNeil and Scott Bevo has some idea of what he is doing and wanting even if it’s not cl to others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look at Libba's hand ball to kick ratio it's more than 2 to 1. Everyone else in the guts is near enough to even or more kicks than handballs. Libba's the outlier. Makes think that if an opposition can tag him effectively and curb his influence and ability to free others up outside the contest, it'll go a long way to getting on a par with us in Dunkley's absence. If I were an opposition analyst, I'd be thinking long and hard about doing just that. A lot easier said than done though. He was irrepressible last night.

Still, I wonder if MC would consider having a look (against a lesser opponent) at what we look like missing both Libba and Dunks. Libba's position is so physically demanding he's possibly a candidate for management at some point anyway given his importance to us.

So happy to see Zaine have a game which all supporters could not fault.

I agree he did play well but not sure about the “could not fault” part. It is always heart in mouth time for me when he has the ball in hand and a couple of turnovers in last nights game. Still he did play very well and much needed in our defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back