Preview R11: Changes v Richmond

Predict the free kick count

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we won't be playing at home next week either then.

Collingwood won't be allowed here if we weren't given an exemption for this week's game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
We have the Saints the week after in Cairns don't we?

They may look at swapping them around.

We have the Saints the week after in Cairns don't we?

They may look at swapping them around.

Wait Crows are playing in Cairns? How did I miss that on the fixture.

I miss out on seeing them this weekend but get to see them in a few weeks... bloody happy with that.

Wait Crows are playing in Cairns? How did I miss that on the fixture.

I miss out on seeing them this weekend but get to see them in a few weeks... bloody happy with that.
If you will be in Cairns between the Queen's Birthday Long Weekend that is correct.

Wow, great article. When was the last time you read a thorough major media piece on the AFC that wasn't bad news? I really enjoyed reading that, not least because Tex deserves more respect from the non-Crows fraternity.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too, thanks.
The ABC doesn't have generally the same anti-Crows agenda as the VFL-centric media.

Wow, great article. When was the last time you read a thorough major media piece on the AFC that wasn't bad news? I really enjoyed reading that, not least because Tex deserves more respect from the non-Crows fraternity.

True but it means nothing now. He has put people in a position where they have no choice but to say nice things.

The time to respect him and show love was the last couple of years. Things were impossibly hard and he was struggling but kept fronting up and showing the way. Massive respect from me for that.

Collingwood won't be allowed here if we weren't given an exemption for this week's game.

By then the border will probably be reopened though (subject to players being tested and getting a negative result)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but it means nothing now. He has put people in a position where they have no choice but to say nice things.

The time to respect him and show love was the last couple of years. Things were impossibly hard and he was struggling but kept fronting up and showing the way. Massive respect from me for that.
I largely agree. I think the media has been unfair to him. I suspect his legacy upon retirement will be regarded more respectfully. Too late perhaps, but still meaningful.

I largely agree. I think the media has been unfair to him. I suspect his legacy upon retirement will be regarded more respectfully. Too late perhaps, but still meaningful.

Absolutely. Think most real footy fans did love him all along and he will def be lauded once retires.

In fairness playing when he almost literally couldn't move didn't help. Became a laughing stock unfairly for uncompetitive efforts. Should have learnt from Mumford management to an extent.

The way he kicked the winning goal last week, could he BE calmer ... that was amazing, and ball to boot perfection, the timing. So underrated how he times the ball.

If the lockdown in vic is over then it will go ahead
Lets hope so and not even for footy reasons

The AFL will need to reschedule with the byes & also the 6 teams remaining in Victoria will need to play between themselves until border restrictions are lifted.

I have never understood why ppl seem to hate him so much

I have never understood why ppl seem to hate him so much
Most that do call him a bogan and most of them are bigger bogans than Tex could ever be. I’m looking at you Port supporters...

Absolutely. Think most real footy fans did love him all along and he will def be lauded once retires.

In fairness playing when he almost literally couldn't move didn't help. Became a laughing stock unfairly for uncompetitive efforts. Should have learnt from Mumford management to an extent.

The way he kicked the winning goal last week, could he BE calmer ... that was amazing, and ball to boot perfection, the timing. So underrated how he times the ball.
I've been as frustrated as anyone with his form the last couple of years. He's clearly been hampered and it's been horrible to watch him lumbering around, not jumping, going for one handed marks. We should absolutely have managed him better. But I've been every bit as frustrated with the media questioning his leadership, piling on some inconsequential tweet, and offering limited recognition of the burden he bore as captain. He's a good man I think, and been a terrific player. A great goal kicker, yes, but his field kicking and super-smart handballing are top shelf. I hope we can keep him injury-free and he can go out like a champion.

Back