Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon most are pretty optimistic about Bytel's future, it's just a matter of how we develop him the best and whether you can have a regular inside mid getting not much footy each week. I think it will help Bytel's development to play a few games in the VFL and get in the habit of having 25-30 touches in a game.
But both times he has been out of the 22 there has been no VFL

I reckon most are pretty optimistic about Bytel's future, it's just a matter of how we develop him the best and whether you can have a regular inside mid getting not much footy each week. I think it will help Bytel's development to play a few games in the VFL and get in the habit of having 25-30 touches in a game.
Agreed except anytime he is dropped there isn’t a seconds game. He causes covid.

OK that's fine but what about the comparison between their first two games??
Talk about being defensive , You want to make a judgment on Two games , maybe One game is a big enough sample size :rolleyes:

Have you seen hills form lately or it about just one game. Why would hill be even slightly considered to be dropped. Butler could have been but it would be for lonie. That’s like zig for zag. If you are old enough to remember them.
A pedo for a non-pedo? :oops::eek:

Statement at the selection table.

2 whipping boys and 3 injuries (2 of whom are at best depth players anyway).

Bytel should probably leave if we’re going to keep dropping him.
While I don't agree with a few of the players omitted, seriously which players from our list who will play for Sandy are better than some our out of form players.
Long,Allison,Connolly,Joyce,Hunter and Alabakis.

While I don't agree with a few of the players omitted, seriously which players from our list who will play for Sandy are better than some our out of form players.
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith played elsewhere apart from as a mid. I’m sure if bytel could he also would be given more chances. As a supporter I don’t want an inside mid only touching it 12 times and with dunstan coming in which was deserved there was little choice this week. Unfortunately sandy aren’t playing now which is no good.
Was he? Pretty sure he rolled between HFF and Mid and the dogs natural gameplan is to swarm the ball and spread.

Could also argue that Bytel starts to develp a bit more outside game if he has some more support (eg Bont, Macrae etc etc)

Thats a fair point but if Ratts/Leths knew that then dont talk a big game about making a statement at selection.

We didnt make any statement and thus the comments look ridiculous.

Well I’m hoping I learn zero if that’s the case. It’s going to be a bad enough few days not seeing friends or local footy. And I know I’m going to lose at the races. I’m not sure I can handle us losing to a very bad side. I don’t even like our side tomorrow. Our best players need to be our best players tomorrow
We were awesome during Covid Lockdown last season,so we should be all good for the 4pts this week

Will come down to how effective you guys are going inside 50.

We are quite competitive in the middle winning clearances & inside 50s the last few weeks.

North absolutely break down going inside 50, so as long as St. Kilda are efficient, should be pretty straight forward result.
Looking at the team it looks like we’re going to try and win the ball from defence. Which is a little strange because I’d wager there hasn’t been very many scores from defensive chains by bud this year. Our mids need to play out of their skins tomorrow.

Bytel played 3 games last year: 13 Disposals, 2.7 Tackles, 3 clearances, 5.3 contested possessions.

Bytel in 9 games this year: 13.1 Disposals, 4.7 Tackles, 3.8 Clearances, 6.7 contested possessions.

Sure doesn't look like a player that should never be dropped. He is obviously young and developing, but haven't seen anything to suggest that he can't continue to learn and grow in the VFL. He needs to learn to find more of the ball.

Byrnes imo has looked more impressive this season so glad he is still in the team. Bytel has a bright future but needs more time.

Ratten said he was forced to “throw the magnets around” after the late surge in hurt players.

With just three players outside the named team, including emergencies, available to pick, he had to hold fire on culling more underperforming players, for now.

“It’s easy to say let’s make all these changes. But we are trying to win the game and address that performance we had. Sometimes you give players the opportunity to respond,” Ratten said on Friday.

“Also, it’s the availability we have got. We’ve got three players outside of our emergences available. One is a category B ruckman, one is a first-year player and one is a second-year player.

“There have been some conversations around our people’s form and what they have done so far, and probably a little bit like our season it has been inconsistent. Some of the players that we have relied on are in that space.

“There have been some harder conversations this week about performing to the level otherwise they are on their last chance before they get put out of the team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back