Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

* me just checked the umps - guess who's back????

With the current state of our list, I am really looking forward to the mid season draft. We should be looking to pick up 3 or 4 players. A ruck. a mid, a fwd, and maybe a defender. But our leaderss are suggesting we take only one. Dont they even look at our list!

With the current state of our list, I am really looking forward to the mid season draft. We should be looking to pick up 3 or 4 players. A ruck. a mid, a fwd, and maybe a defender. But our leaderss are suggesting we take only one. Dont they even look at our list!
It’s going to be one at the most by the sounds of it.

Jeff Crouch?
I wish!!!!

nope Eleni is back - and no Matt Stevic to put her into line either. Deboy and Meredith to help out. At least Stephens and Nicholls aren't there. * those young/bald campaigners

Dunstan isn't a long term option for us but I think he could be a good match up against Cunnington who like Dunstan relies more on his inside strength in contests rather than speed and skill, if Dunstan can break even with him or at least reduce his influence it will help us win the game.

It was Goldstein and Cunnington that led the way for North when they beat us last year, if we let them run riot again we could be in trouble.

Getting ******* sick of the trolls. The St Kilda ones are bad enough but now we have to deal with the ******* Geelong campaigner too.

fu** them off, if I want people to tell me how sh*t the drafting is I'll go to gringo and Mowman - at least I like them and the team they support.

I don't know why anyone bothers to post on opposition team boards, even if they try to be nice they can still get met with a hostile response and risk copping a ban from the mods there.

If I went on the Bulldogs board now to wish them luck for the game tonight I'd probably still cop a ban given my reputation with Bulldogs supporters.

Dunstan isn't a long term option for us but I think he could be a good match up against Cunnington who like Dunstan relies more on his inside strength in contests rather than speed and skill, if Dunstan can break even with him or at least reduce his influence it will help us win the game.

It was Goldstein and Cunnington that led the way for North when they beat us last year, if we let them run riot again we could be in trouble.

I don't know why anyone bothers to post on opposition team boards, even if they try to be nice they can still get met with a hostile response and risk copping a ban from the mods there.

If I went on the Bulldogs board now to wish them luck for the game tonight I'd probably still cop a ban given my reputation with Bulldogs supporters.
I think I hate the Bulldogs almost as much as you probably more but I have to say given your history if I were a BUlldogs mod, I would ban you. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There used to be a thing on the AFL site (back before it turned into the steaming pile of excrement it now is) where you could literally go into the videos of previous games and select certain events (goals, marks, tackles, basically whatever you wanted) and play the video and check it out. I would love to go back to round five and watch Dunstan's however many possessions it was against Richmond and make sure they were really that bad. But alas, I have to do it manually. Good thing we're locked down and I have buttloads of time.

I wish!!!!

nope Eleni is back - and no Matt Stevic to put her into line either. Deboy and Meredith to help out. At least Stephens and Nicholls aren't there. fu** those young/bald campaigners
If I remember rightly, she crucified us against West Coast - perhaps that game was in Perth?
She's had more experience now, I hope she's fair. It's easy to get sucked into the crowd reactions.

I think I hate the Bulldogs almost as much as you probably more but I have to say given your history if I were a BUlldogs mod, I would ban you. :p

A couple of the Bulldogs mods were responsible for me winning the Bay 13 FOTY, they rigged the poll so I won it after I kicked up a stink over the umpires carrying them to the 2016 flag.

I will be barracking hard for the Dees tonight, the Dogs won't have it as easy against them as they did against us and the umps won't screw the Dees as badly as we got screwed last week.

If I remember rightly, she crucified us against West Coast - perhaps that game was in Perth?
She's had more experience now, I hope she's fair. It's easy to get sucked into the crowd reactions.
She is the Luke Dunstan of AFL umpiring

There used to be a thing on the AFL site (back before it turned into the steaming pile of excrement it now is) where you could literally go into the videos of previous games and select certain events (goals, marks, tackles, basically whatever you wanted) and play the video and check it out. I would love to go back to round five and watch Dunstan's however many possessions it was against Richmond and make sure they were really that bad. But alas, I have to do it manually. Good thing we're locked down and I have buttloads of time.
You can watch them on afl app - go to stats, search player, watch highlights

You can watch them on afl app - go to stats, search player, watch highlights
Wait you can?
* me that's awersome
Thought I'd have to sit through the whole game to see it

We could use Clark Kent at the moment..

I'd prefer the guy he turns into...we don't need another quiet, mild mannered, bumbling, good guy that is only adequate at his job with no potential to go higher.
We do however need a guy that can take on the world, is indestructible (sick of injuries) and faster than the speed of sound and can kick goals from full back with laser eyed precision.
Flying also a bonus if required.

he has had 8 years of chances, players like him are why we are an average side
And unfortunately Jack Bytel isn't as good at 21 as Dunstan was at 18.

He has worked his arse off to earn his spot back. Good on him. I hope he does well. If he doesn't then we go back to blooding Bytel and crossing our fingers he turns out better than Dunstan and nothing is lost. Absolutely nothing.

Why is Dunstan still on your list then after 105 games if that's the case?
Why keep Carlisle if no one wanted him? I thought he was yuck last year as well, his efforts against Hawkins looked like a guy who didn't want to be there.

Look I don't mind if it was only Crouch last year, you could make sense that he's a tough a grade mid that you need, but why didn't you chase Caldwell harder than Crouch, surely he would be a better match for your list profile aiming for a flag next year.

The problem is the guys you have got for a years cover, plus immenent retirements means it will be a big list cull at the end of the year and after looking like a team on the up at the end of last year, you look like a slow meandering team with ball in hand much like 2018, but with more experienced players

Honestly, what is your fascination with our list and club?

Big of you that “you don’t mind” that we picked up Crouch ( for nothing.) Can’t tell you how relieved I feel about that. I’m relieved too about not getting Caldwell actually - he has yet more hammy problems, he’s pretty prone to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back