Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather support a young mid that had a down week and probably hasnt had alot of support.

Im providing some evidence beyond the general feeling that Bytel probably wouldnt think he has the support of the coaches. I dont think he should have been dropped this week over a few others. Smith as a comparison shows what can be achieved if you support and develop.
Does help that Smith was a Pick 7 and Bytel Pick 41 so I'm not sure that the comparison is relevant.

I have no doubt Bytel will be a player for us but unless you want a team populated by inside mids and you don't want to reward form, then its logical why he was omitted.

His pre-draft profile still seems spot on and identifies the area's he (still) needs to work on.

There's enough negative henny pennys without geelong campaigners coming in here for a little head kick.

I think we're well aware of the list deficiencies, but we also have 4 first choice mids missing so can't really drop last weeks midfield who were pretty good against geelong the week before.

Haven't you got the next 15 years to worry about instead of our 2022?

Geelong went into the season with 4 more listed players than StKilda.

Long,Allison,Connolly,Joyce,Hunter and Alabakis are the remaining players on our list to choose from.
Long went back to Sandy as did Joyce and Hunter in recent weeks for obviously not performing at the required level and in no way are Alabakis and Allison at AFL standard.
That leaves just Connolly who possibly could have been selected.
So let's get your ins and outs for the Saints this week.
You’re on fire 13 👍🏻

weW3fee.jpg

Seb's 150th and Clav's long awaited debut firmly guarantees we'll sh1t the bed tomorrow.

Ratts has obviously left Bytel and Hunts out of the side to spare them the most humiliating loss of their careers, which l thoroughly support.

North by 35
If it was only 1 milestone I'd agree with ya, but because it's 2 we will win!!

Yep agree Marshall, Gresham, Jones, Paton, Clark
At the same time every club has injuries
What has not helped is spending big money on a player like Hannerbery and he does not even look like playing - it would of been handy to have a Treloar or Dunkley to bring into the side , knowing that money could of been used on a more than handy player.

Someone around these parts showed a comparison on output between Bytel and Bailey Smith. It was remarkably similar with the exception that Smith has rarely (if ever?) been dropped.

Id suggest a few clubs would happily take him besides North, North would likely just be able to pay him overs and give him pretty much assured games,
I never said other clubs wouldn't take him , i said the only team he would get a game for ATM is maybe north

Long,Allison,Connolly,Joyce,Hunter and Alabakis are the remaining players on our list to choose from.
Long went back to Sandy as did Joyce and Hunter in recent weeks for obviously not performing at the required level and in no way are Alabakis and Allison at AFL standard.
That leaves just Connolly who possibly could have been selected.
So let's get your ins and outs for the Saints this week.
Feel like Joyce was a bit stiff amongst that group to come out for Frawley who has been below par.

Ratten said he was forced to “throw the magnets around” after the late surge in hurt players.

With just three players outside the named team, including emergencies, available to pick, he had to hold fire on culling more underperforming players, for now.

“It’s easy to say let’s make all these changes. But we are trying to win the game and address that performance we had. Sometimes you give players the opportunity to respond,” Ratten said on Friday.

“Also, it’s the availability we have got. We’ve got three players outside of our emergences available. One is a category B ruckman, one is a first-year player and one is a second-year player.

“There have been some conversations around our people’s form and what they have done so far, and probably a little bit like our season it has been inconsistent. Some of the players that we have relied on are in that space.

“There have been some harder conversations this week about performing to the level otherwise they are on their last chance before they get put out of the team.”

Last chance 😂

Can't wait to watch that hack stink it up again. There's like 76 posters in here with short term memory loss that forget how bad he is 2 weeks after he gets dropped every time and demand he comes back. It's a never ending cycle.
Don't care how good Dunstans form has been, he is not an AFL player and his turnovers will hurt us again, will be back at Sandy in 2 to 3 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting ******* sick of the trolls. The St Kilda ones are bad enough but now we have to deal with the ******* Geelong campaigner too.

heck them off, if I want people to tell me how s**t the drafting is I'll go to gringo and Mowman - at least I like them and the team they support.

Getting ******* sick of the trolls. The St Kilda ones are bad enough but now we have to deal with the ******* Geelong campaigner too.

fu** them off, if I want people to tell me how sh*t the drafting is I'll go to gringo and Mowman - at least I like them and the team they support.
Has he personally attacked anyone?

Why is Dunstan still on your list then after 105 games if that's the case?
Why keep Carlisle if no one wanted him? I thought he was yuck last year as well, his efforts against Hawkins looked like a guy who didn't want to be there.

Look I don't mind if it was only Crouch last year, you could make sense that he's a tough a grade mid that you need, but why didn't you chase Caldwell harder than Crouch, surely he would be a better match for your list profile aiming for a flag next year.

The problem is the guys you have got for a years cover, plus immenent retirements means it will be a big list cull at the end of the year and after looking like a team on the up at the end of last year, you look like a slow meandering team with ball in hand much like 2018, but with more experienced players

I reckon hawkins hit may in the head on purpose.... just sayin'

Can't wait to watch that hack stink it up again. There's like 76 posters in here with short term memory loss that forget how bad he is 2 weeks after he gets dropped every time and demand he comes back. It's a never ending cycle.
He's been pretty poor in his only 2 games in two years no doubt, but I get the feeling he could have 35 and kick 2 goals and you would still whinge.

His career is probably done, but let's hope he has a good game and gives us a decent option as midfield depth.

When you lose by 111 points to a tem you beat in an elimination final last year and there's being multiple games, where commitment has being of concern, then you can't have 4+ plus guys remain in the team as the loss doesn't warrant them to stay and they should be in the reserves for multiple weeks, if you can't beat north without dropping 3-4 name players, you should pack up the joint

Remember a couple of years ago ... was it a prelim?.... anyway, Danger took his big superman dive to milk a free when you guys were kinda on top of the tiges. Dusty got in danger's face and then came out in the second half and you guys got torn apart.

Remember that?

I don't reckon you guys should have done that.

Don't care how good Dunstans form has been, he is not an AFL player and his turnovers will hurt us again, will be back at Sandy in 2 to 3 weeks

Sounds like he'll fit in well with the rest of them.

What he does prove though is the importance of getting games into them when they are young. No idea why you need to call any saints player a hack let alone a guy who seems to give his best every time he plays. I just don’t the attitude.

No I think it's more like a plank of wood or Dougie Hawkins repeatedly doing a shallow dive on our list management, then saying we might as well fold if we don't drop a bunch of players that have no replacements in the 2's.
I don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back