Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll watch and give a report in the next day or 2.

In other SANFL news, Hugh Jackson is this year's Tom Powell.

Anyone else misread this on first viewing?

NTb6iGpC.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't but if we don't come last its not because we are better than Hawthorn either. We aren't last by far enough to assume it's how the rest of the season will play out, too many variables innit.

We've got a hard run really (and I've seen some people say our best chance is against GC which is insane as we've not been near them for a while). Meanwhile the Hawks will start to look a little better with guys like Gunston, Day and O'Meara in the rotation. I think they will win as many as we do.

We've got a hard run really (and I've seen some people say our best chance is against GC which is insane as we've not been near them for a while). Meanwhile the Hawks will start to look a little better with guys like Gunston, Day and O'Meara in the rotation. I think they will win as many as we do.

Their contest with the Pies will go a long way to deciding their fate.

We didn't but if we don't come last its not because we are better than Hawthorn either. We aren't last by far enough to assume it's how the rest of the season will play out, too many variables innit.
it is a lot of variables, but i think we're a best at maybe two more wins, not walk ins by any stretch, i just dont see us making the ground on hawthorn. But then, we could also just jag a couple of wins out of no where.

Throughout the history of pick 1s (40 pick 1s btw) only 3 have won flags, they are:

- Luke Hodge (Hawthorn didn't even finish last in 2001)
- Tom Boyd (Won his flag at the dogs who never finished last in recent times)
- Des Headland (Brisbane actually finished last the year they picked him up)

So that means there has only been 1 pick 1 who was drafted at a club that finished at a club that finished last and stayed at the original club to win a flag

So quit this 'wanting to lose' mentality on this board.

Something seriously wrong with the way the drafting system is run when I'm watching each game hoping we don't win! On a side note, if we didnt win another game do you think we will receive a PP and if so what number pick?
Something seriously wrong with the way the drafting system is run when I'm watching each game hoping we don't win! On a side note, if we didnt win another game do you think we will receive a PP and if so what number pick?

The AFL should really look at going down the lottery path that they do in the nba but probably with a few limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back