AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

It's for the nudge he gave Ryan. Pathetic to get a fine for that, I hope he keeps stirring trouble every week. Every good team needs a half back with mongrel.
Is Ryan flipping the bird to the crowd also considered misconduct or nah?

WTAF, a deliberate throw back elbow that probably broke Laverde's nose is play on, Cryin Ryan can abuse an umpire and flip the bird to the crows is also play on.
But Mason gives a nudge, not even a push and its $1500.
Chrisso is done with that gig and is surely pushing for a redundancy package

WTAF, a deliberate throw back elbow that probably broke Laverde's nose is play on, Cryin Ryan can abuse an umpire and flip the bird to the crows is also play on.
But Mason gives a nudge, not even a push and its $1500.
Chrisso is done with that gig and is surely pushing for a redundancy package
was Goldy's fine the same for smashing open Wright's head?

Ryan's action was fine. Redman's retaliation looked bad, and it was unreasonable in light of Ryan playing the ball.

It's not evident from the footage that Williams did anything more than have his elbow in a bent position. There was nothing to suggest he tried to hit Laverde (i.e. no deliberate looking backward motion), I found that bit of commentary unnecessarily inflammatory. It certainly did not look as deliberate as a kneeling action into a player on the ground.

Minimal impact, fine only. That will happen with Redman playing on edge the way he does. Move on.

Quietly establishing himself as an A grader in his position.

He's cleaned up the defensive side of his game, he's intercepting, providing rebound and kicking the ball like a stud.

I could hardly think of an equivalent player in the league I would pick ahead of Redman. There are players like Whitfiled who might do more on the rebound but they lack the grunt and defensive hard edge Redman brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like the way this guy goes about his work. Gives a bit more of a harder edge down back. Not quite Dean Solomon and Mark Johnson yet, but getting there. And kicks a few goals. Am a big fan of the Red Dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back