Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, on 27 March 2020 the National Cabinet agreed that from 11.59pm on 28 March 2020, all travellers arriving in Australia would be required to undertake mandatory 14-day self-isolation at ‘designated facilities’. The National Cabinet agreed that:
B. designated facilities would be determined by the relevant state and territory government and would ordinarily be in the city of entry where the traveller had cleared immigration, but facilities in other areas could be used if required
C. these requirements would be implemented under state and territory legislation and would be enforced by state and territory governments, with the support of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and Australian Border Force (ABF) where necessary
D. the Commonwealth would provide support through the ADF and ABF for these arrangements across Australia, with states and territories meeting the costs and determining any contributions required for travellers arriving within their jurisdictions.

This is what the states asked for and what was agreed upon. Moreover, if they hand back responsibility for quarantine to the feds (who have no health infrastructure or staff, health being a state responsibility), they are also no longer able to impose lockdowns or close borders. NO ONE wants to give that up!

It’s funny how they all ignore the part where the Victorian government wants the Feds to build a quarantine facility, that they’ll then run!!!

All this talk of the Feds should be taking responsibility yet the states won’t give it up!

Actually, on 27 March 2020 the National Cabinet agreed that from 11.59pm on 28 March 2020, all travellers arriving in Australia would be required to undertake mandatory 14-day self-isolation at ‘designated facilities’. The National Cabinet agreed that:
B. designated facilities would be determined by the relevant state and territory government and would ordinarily be in the city of entry where the traveller had cleared immigration, but facilities in other areas could be used if required
C. these requirements would be implemented under state and territory legislation and would be enforced by state and territory governments, with the support of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and Australian Border Force (ABF) where necessary
D. the Commonwealth would provide support through the ADF and ABF for these arrangements across Australia, with states and territories meeting the costs and determining any contributions required for travellers arriving within their jurisdictions.

This is what the states asked for and what was agreed upon. Moreover, if they hand back responsibility for quarantine to the feds (who have no health infrastructure or staff, health being a state responsibility), they are also no longer able to impose lockdowns or close borders. NO ONE wants to give that up!
Passing the buck, dodging leadership and responsibility, that’s what I’m implying, cheers👍

It’s funny how they all ignore the part where the Victorian government wants the Feds to build a quarantine facility, that they’ll then run!!!

All this talk of the Feds should be taking responsibility yet the states won’t give it up!

squib thats actually a federal demand - they will only build it, they want no part in running it

nsw is insisting on the feds owning and operating, which is why their proposal hasnt been accepted yet

How true! Except for Smiffy and Millie where it's 'gospel'

SfktSEP.jpg

“The three top issues we’re seeing have been a 40 per cent increase in family conflict, a 55 per cent increase in bullying and harassment allegations at work and an 82 per cent increase in mental health requests for service,” said Ms Andrews, a psychologist of more than 30 years.
Victorians had struggled to regain the techniques they used to get through the 2020 lockdowns and were battling with “compounding and cumulative psychological distress and fatigue”.

“What’s interesting is people aren’t picking up on strategies they applied last year, they really feel like they’re just going back to ground zero,” said Ms Andrews.
“All of us learned new things last year. It’s interesting for me to see people have thrown that out the window. I think it’s because of this overlay of ... compounding psychological stress and fatigue. That’s the main flag for me, why people aren’t picking up what they did well last year.”

People are “just exhausted” she said: “Instead of saying, ‘OK, we’ve done this before’, they’re just going ‘I can’t be bothered, I just can’t face it’.”

The group, whose clients include large employers in government departments and private industry sectors including retail, hospitality, manufacturing and professional services, received 200 extra patients referred in the first week of lockdown.

The new lockdown was “worse for most in Melbourne” than those in the past because many had experienced an extended period of worry about going back into it and had quickly become “physically and mentally exhausted”, according to Tamara Cavenett, president of the Australian Psychological Society.

“They’re saying it feels like it’s draining on them; everyone was sort of at a point where they were feeling they were getting back into normal life and to have that taken away they just feel really exhausted and drained,” said Ms Cavenett, a clinical psychologist.

“They’re also saying they feel more irritable and have a shorter fuse.”

Uncertainty and a loss of a sense of control was contributing to widespread feelings of depression and anxiety.

“There is something about this time in particular leading to that real, ‘I just can’t be bothered’ feeling. It’s the repeated nature of it that’s draining motivation.”

How true! Except for Smiffy and Millie where it's 'gospel'

SfktSEP.jpg

You know the left think it's a great post when different people post the exact same thing and they all respond as if it's the first time they've seen it.

Btw it seems you know more of what's in the Herald Sun than me, can't even remember the last time I read it.

God this is really a left wing sesspit. How anyone can defend the Andrews government handling of this is unbelievable

Most of them work for the Andrews government so it's literally their job to defend him!!!

The rest are greens voters who are so far off in their fantasy world that anyone that isn't a Liberal is the greatest politician ever as they know there will never be a day the Australian people vote in the Greens, nor will they ever get to a level where they even have any meaningful representation so they live vicariously through the ALP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the left think it's a great post when different people post the exact same thing and they all respond as if it's the first time they've seen it.
A flourishing echo chamber. This is one example. Not limited to any "side" of politics, sadly.

Got the vaccine on Sunday at Mel Con Centre. Booked but looked like the walk up line was limited to about five people. Really surprising. Arm feels corked and I am a little flat but otherwise fine. * wearing masks outside - absolute debacle IMO.

So not a fan of Dan Andrews? That’s surprising.
I haven’t enjoyed a lot of his leadership over the past year or since Covid, but he’s been a leader, unlike the Feds, in particular, the fat lazy Hawaiian idiot!👍

WTF is going on with stopping the Pfizer roll out? The Feds say Victoria has enough supply to keep going but Vic govt disagrees and has stopped rolling it out to 40-49 so there's enough for second doses.

I have no idea who is right but how can we screw this up?! Surely they can they work it out between them and have a consistent message!!

Incompetent politicians who've done nothing in their career outside of playing politics and useless (but I'm sure very "diverse") public servants.

Can I also ask why we've got these endless, vague "Respect for women" government ads running all over the footy? If it were clear anti-domestic violence then fine but they're trying to loop 500 womens issue into the same 30 sec spot and it ends up meaning nothing. And there's also these new government ads on a Victorian "treaty" with indigenous people. Umm.. priorities anyone??

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine". But no, they're getting bumped for the latest set of pet issues from Brunswick.

WTF is going on with stopping the Pfizer roll out? The Feds say Victoria has enough supply to keep going but Vic govt disagrees and has stopped rolling it out to 40-49 so there's enough for second doses.

I have no idea who is right but how can we screw this up?! Surely they can they work it out between them and have a consistent message!!

Incompetent politicians who've done nothing in their career outside of playing politics and useless (but I'm sure very "diverse") public servants.

Can I also ask why we've got these endless, vague "Respect for women" government ads running all over the footy? If it were clear anti-domestic violence then fine but they're trying to loop 500 womens issue into the same 30 sec spot and it ends up meaning nothing. And there's also these new government ads on a Victorian "treaty" with indigenous people. Umm.. priorities anyone??

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine".
Guessing the other states aren't happy they're missing out. NSW recently kicked up a stink if I remember right.

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine". But no, they're getting bumped for the latest set of pet issues from Brunswick.
Which ads are these? the one where the boy is throwing stuff at the daughter in the backyard and the mum says something like "he just likes her" ?

I think the fact only 2,000 people of the 30,000 enrolled voted in the first peoples assembly election (despite a noted push to increase enrolment through prison visits of all places) shows there is minimal desire for a treaty in vic even on the indigenous side.

Side note - if anyone has a link to the actual voting results for the assembly elections id love to see it.
I think they have hidden it, because it must show some members got elected on less than 50 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back