Autopsy Round 14, 2021: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd looked 70-30 for them. Unbelievable really.
Really? Given * haven’t played down there in almost 30 years I fully expected to be outnumbered. Every * supporter on the island would have made the trip to see them play live whereas it was just another game for Hawthorn supporters down there (and one we were likely to lose). Don’t know why anyone would’ve expected anything different.

Stringer is 6'3 , 100+ kgs and explosive. They knew and he knew we had noone capable of physically going with him.
All his play was him bulldozing through our young light players .

He had a day out , was cr@p to watch but we are susceptible to that type of player currently.
We actually do, but he was preoccupied with Hooker. Is the exact matchup when he is forward. And has the mongrel to not cop any of Stringers crap too. Blame Hartigan for being a goose.

Reeves plays today and Draper doesn’t get his hands on the ball first anywhere near as often. A point has been proven at the cost of a loss to the scum. That hurts. How anyone thought today’s game was going to play out any differently with the ruck combo we picked, beggars belief.
There were plenty on her cheering Cegs post game last week and god forbid if you mentioned to drop him.
They can all eat their hat on that one.

Last edited:
Really? Given * haven’t played down there in almost 30 years I fully expected to be outnumbered. Every * supporter on the island would have made the trip to see them play live whereas it was just another game for Hawthorn supporters down there (and one we were likely to lose). Don’t know why anyone would’ve expected anything different.
Spot on.

Burger is my fav Hawthorn player but is cooked.
Stop waiting for Obrien to start taking marks he has been in the system long enough, he will never hold the marks he nearly takes.
Ceglar is like corona virus ....fake fake fake. wake up
Moore can play but is not
Take that sh*t to the conspiracy thread.
🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜

We've been there for 20 years and won 4 flags in that time. Would think we could at least make it 50-50.

There were plenty on her cheering Cegs post game last week and hid forbid if you mentioned to drop him.
That’s because you don’t drop players who have games like Cegs did last week unless you want the entire playing list to implode.

Anyone who suggested Ceglar needed to be dropped after last week is utterly clueless.

was just about to post exact thing

There were plenty on her cheering Cegs post game last week and hid forbid if you mentioned to drop him.
Dropping Ceglar last week would have been just plain silly. The only thing worse than rewarding bad form with continued selection is punishing good form. Reeves is the future and playing today in a 10 goal win at BH will not harm that. FWIW I don’t think he had that bad of a game today anyway.

Im liking what Kosi is doing .

Not getting a heap of the ball but his intensity and physicality have really lifted.
Really nice hands on the lead too.

A few people commenting on Cousins .
I thought he did some 'nice' things but made some really basic errors as key times.
A costly fumble and some poor handballs .
Looks the classic too good for VFL not good enough for AFL.

Just remember one thing about winning games of football. There is no one great way to win games. You need to adapt to the conditions your opponent your current personnel. Even the great teams have to do that in season. We couldnt play Essendon the way we played Sydney. We had every chance to win this game. We just werent good enough. We learn and move on to next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s because you don’t drop players who have games like Cegs did last week unless you want the entire playing list to implode.

Anyone who suggested Ceglar needed to be dropped after last week is utterly clueless.
Clueless!
Pretty sure knowing the players capabilities and selecting a team that moves the group forward is team development.
How does that hat taste?

I thought today was actually a pretty good effort in the end. As disappointing as the loss is, we aren’t playing finals this year so the continued development of each player gives an insight into the future. Particularly Scrimshaw - he will be a superstar.

The most frustrating thing is the midfield. It is our most experienced part of the ground but we just get smashed week in week out. Its just lucky that we have a backline that is able to clean up alot of the mess. This needs to be our focus at the draft and I think the way they are being coached needs to be looked at as well. So many dumb set ups today and was no surprise that Essendon just walked it out at clearance.

So because we were likely to lose, it is a excuse to not go. If that is the feeling amongst the members down there, then even more reason to pull the pin.

Our Tassie fans have complained that they only get the Hawks vs Freo/GWS games and wanted bigger Vic club matches. With 10k odd members there, they could have made it more even with support today. Also it seemed our supporters were all spread, rather than in the same section which wrecked our atmosphere.

So because we were likely to lose, it is a excuse to not go. If that is the feeling amongst the members down there, then even more reason to pull the pin.
Better pull the plug in Melbourne too then. Guarantee there is a % of supporters that don’t go if they don’t think we will win. And that can be said for every club, in every sport, in every nation.

Cegs was lucky he got in. His form at box Hill had been just ok.

He will be back there next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back