Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

I would.

Sydney have been kissed on the proverbial for long enough. They got Heeney and Mills while still top 4, they got Buddy because of the COLA, and they've been maintained just outside the 8 for a few years while they replenished their list.

The only reason they weren't in finals over the last few years was because they needed to recalibrate their age profile and regenerate their list without COLA for the first time.

They were propped up because the AFL wanted Sydney strong, and even though the scaffolding has been removed they're still reaping the benefits of it. Until the last player they have who was paid under COLA retires, I will begrudge them each and every success.
They are a great club. A couple of draft picks is not the reason they are where they are, just look at us for proof that doesnt mean much.

see the gutless procession of "eco" has begun.........how truly inevitable............not winning premierships so not interested..........

I noticed that, too.

And I thought we had a monopoly on being as weak as piss...

Fess up, who is else is stuck on a bright & shiny 1 in the tipping??

Feelin' pre-tty damn good about my 2 right now...

tenor.gif

HAHAHAHA...just realised I am on 3!!!!

Hooley dooley!!!

And if my calculations are corrrect, blue22 has stormed into the lead of the CFC board tipping comp by forgetting to put his/her tips in...

I really really hate saying this, but if we lose to Collingwood next week, Teague is a dead man walking.

I am not saying that is what should happen, I honestly fear that is what will happen.
We know he’s not Clarko, but why judge him solely on Pies game? Will you honestly be shocked if we lose to a team whose best is way better than ours, have beaten Tigs and Swans past few weeks and have had it all over us for 10 years at least? Justifiably we’ll be underdogs.

Losing against WC 2’s is far worse than losing to this crew

We know he’s not Clarko, but why judge him solely on Pies game? Will you honestly be shocked if we lose to a team whose best is way better than ours, have beaten Tigs and Swans past few weeks and have had it all over us for 10 years at least? Justifiably we’ll be underdogs.

Losing against WC 2’s is far worse than losing to this crew

I am a big Teague fan, but I am also a realist. Given the Cut-throat nature of the business of the game and increasing media pressure and fan discontent,, i suspect a loss again to the Pies (especially a bad one) would be the turning point.

It would take a monumental effort for us to get over the Pies.
Harvey has the personal on the park excepting Daicos and he’s got them breathing fire, they are fiercely competitive it will be a tough game Grundy is going to be a big problem.

It would take a monumental effort for us to get over the Pies.
Harvey has the personal on the park excepting Daicos and he’s got them breathing fire, they are fiercely competitive it will be a tough game Grundy is going to be a big problem.
confident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back