Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't happen Wickz.

Will be at the MCG.

Exactly. That's why Ross came out begging for a MARVEL final last week

Last night sorted that out.

AFL won't turn down 60k Carlton fans at G.

People our game will be at the G

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nobody is arguing otherwise.

The initial argument was how you rate finals opponents. My argument is that they need a marvel final to be any chance and Ross essentially admitted as much by begging for a final there last week.

Now we're locked into a home final it'll certainly be at the G and the AFL will be rubbing their hands together in glee.

Their dream today would be to get a Sydney Vs GWS final to go with Collingwood Vs Melbourne and us Vs Saints at the G in week 1. That Brisbane final would get the same attendance regardless of Port/Melb so AFL wouldn't care about that final financially at all of.

And no, if it happens, I'm not saying todays games are rigged. The window for it to happen is very narrow, but there's no doubt that it would be the AFL's dream for that to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are not very impressive at all in this game, keep expecting them to turn it on but don’t really ever look like doing so

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh they are my favourites of any top 4 team to bow out in straight sets!

Biggest no brainer score review change is to change the rule to be when the siren sounds and have that be video reviewable.
Will still be contentious, as there's a difference between when the siren is heard around the ground (small, but it's there). Speed of sound is around 330m/s. So someone behind the goals hears the siren half a second or so after it is sounded.

still difficult to assess exactly when it's heard - without some atomic hearing test - then the "time" signal has to be made - as footy drifts further into the impossible
Umpires need to wired up so when the siren sounds their shirt & whistle light up red……

Remove this Banner Ad

Back