Review Dogs d Suns 90-79 - Rd 18, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

July is upon us, and its a bit of a slog. A few signs there are a few sore guys out there. Depth helping though i.e Garcia, Richards, JUH.

Hopefully by late Aug, early Sep, we are back running on top of the ground.
I wonder how much of the covid-19 lockdowns are affecting us being a young team.
The last couple of weeks we have been shifted from pillar to post, we haven't looked the same since our trip to WCE.

Bont looks very sore.

If we could give him a rest pre-finals I think that would be ideal. Brownlow be damned.
I was worried when he went off, then bent over and covered his face. Clearly in pain. Can only hope it was temporary. He is targeted and roughed up every week and this will only get worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who may have had a nagging doubt about whether Marra will live up to his billing...well today put those doubts to rest. Marra is silk, can seriously kick the footy and will play many, many games and kick many, many goals for us. We got what we thought we were getting, and more.

A positive is that Jamarra can make a genuine value-add contrition to the team as it pushes to the flag. He's not going to be BOG any time soon, but if he can be better than any fringe replacement player, that's certainly a positive.

The goals he nailed are the toughish but still gettable shots that Hannan's missed all season.

Take the first 15 mins and the last 15 mins out and it was a reasonable performance.

Was not expecting an easy afternoon based on the Suns recent form and some of the talent they have.

Gee we need that second tall in defence.

We have strange expectations of Bont. Yeah his disposal was off but I can’t see him sore with the number of times he broke clear of Suns players during the game. Also laid a heap of tackles and dominated clearances. I just don’t think he needs a rest or will get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back