Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched it again. I am the Twit. My apologies. The camera angle in my head must’ve been the reverse camera shot. Robinson indeed was alone on the wing.

still, I think Martin was the one that initiated the contact, Robinson pulls up and Martin tried to go through him. Didn’t work out well for him.

Dusty got pushed into Robinson by Neale.

I don't blame Robinson but I'm surprised he hasn't made any comment like 'I wish him all the best' or something like that.
Only thing with that is just because he hasn’t made a public statement doesn't mean he hasn’t sent a text or phone call

Dusty basically only uses his social media for advertising commitments and I don’t think he would be the type to be checking fox footy every couple of hours to see if Robinson has said anything

The best-case scenario is 6 to 8 weeks from what I've heard. I probably will have more information in the coming weeks. It depends on several things including monitoring blood in the urine especially in the next 2 weeks.
That's bloody scary,seeing blood in your urine would scare the s**t out of me

Our NM friend fusion nailed it in post #4258.

Sounds like a Grade 3 kidney injury (scale of 1-5). Lacerated kidney.

Thank the Good Lord it's not anything worse. God Speed Dusty.
Wrote the previous day he would likely have no contact for six months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burge said 3 months, but either way we can expect him fighting fit for 2022. Some luck with injuries next year an I reckon we'll restore the norm!!
The initial news report on Seven, which was not too far off, said a six month disruption overall to regular training in these circumstances.
I think from memory it was Dr Larkins.

The initial news report on Seven, which was not too far off, said a six month disruption overall to regular training in these circumstances.
I think from memory it was Dr Bruckner.
Most importantly from the human aspect I'm glad it's not a life changing injury for him. Dusty owes us absolutely nothing!! Selfishly from a football aspect I'm just glad he will be back next year. Top Gun deserves to go out at a packed MCG and chaired off.

I must say it was poor form from the paramedic who assessed him to not take him immediately to hospital.
He was pale and clearly in (medical) shock sitting in the cold.
Where's the duty of care?
They don't have any powers to take anyone conscious to hospital if they don't want to.

I'm sure our Dr was keeping a close eye on him.

Robinson is the only one who can answer.
We can't answer.
All he has to say is whether or not he struck at Dustin.

Could always try using your eyes - all the 'answers' anyone could possibly need are right there on the footage.

Both Robinson's hands are open immediately prior to the contact and there's nothing even vaguely resembling a 'strike.'

If he did catch Robinson's elbow, that elbow was tucked into his chest and he certainly didn't 'strike' with it.

Stop being pedantic, FFS.
Our best player in 40 years has a critical injury.
Wood for trees, would have thought.
He was hurt during a footy act with no malice from any of the players involved
It’s a contact sport and these things happen sometimes as unfortunate as it is, s**t happens.

Dusty will recover, have a well deserved rest and come back with fire in his belly for next season

That's bloody scary,seeing blood in your urine would scare the sh*t out of me

Happened to me once. It actually felt really weird too. I think mine was from a ruptured bladder though. I had a bad fall from a height and a number of other injuries so pissing blood was actually among the least of my worries lol.

Happened to me once. It actually felt really weird too. I think mine was from a ruptured bladder though. I had a bad fall from a height and a number of other injuries so pissing blood was actually among the least of my worries lol.
When I was undergoing my cancer battle I lost one of my kidneys
I had to have multiple stents put in to try and keep it functioning
After the procedure I was pissing blood for days and felt like razor blades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back