List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defense looks ok at full strength with our midfield competing ok. It is when our midfield gets outrun that our defense becomes a problem. Wilson can run off, so can Pearce and Chapman and Walker.
If Cerra goes I assume we will have two picks in the top 10 including our own. I guess one can be used on Sinn and the other on a Erasmus/quality mid or a quality forward. I really don't think hbf is a priority, but hard run, speed and skill are.

Speed is a must and we could do with some all over the ground and I agree that HB isn't a priority but if Sinn is clear best available at our first then we should take him, especially if we see him as a future wingman.

Forwards and wingers with the three S's are our priority - Speed, Skill, Smarts.

Our defense looks ok at full strength with our midfield competing ok. It is when our midfield gets outrun that our defense becomes a problem. Wilson can run off, so can Pearce and Chapman and Walker.
If Cerra goes I assume we will have two picks in the top 10 including our own. I guess one can be used on Sinn and the other on a Erasmus/quality mid or a quality forward. I really don't think hbf is a priority, but hard run, speed and skill are.
Every defense has a problem when their midfield get outrun not just ours.

We do need another rotation in the midfield though.

I guess this is our core group so far:

C: Brashaw, Serong, Cerra, Fyfe, Darcy

D: Pearce, Logue, Ryan, Wilson, Walker

F: Tabs, Henry, Schultz, Treacy

Unproven: Chapman, Young, Frederick

That's 17 players out of 22. We need to draft/trade 5 more players and we should be set.

Shai Bolton might have been worst on ground today and Cerra was our best, let's not weight them the same.

Bolton disappears when his team is smashed

Are there any free agents we can get?

Tom Lynch from crows would be handy for a year. Sam Day would be ok, if Lobb is traded out.
Billings is obviously a good player.
Boyd Woodcock is handy as a forward option.

Anyone else.
If Cerra left, I would pay billing 800k.

I guess this is our core group so far:

C: Brashaw, Serong, Cerra, Fyfe, Darcy

D: Pearce, Logue, Ryan, Wilson, Walker

F: Tabs, Henry, Schultz, Treacy

Unproven: Chapman, Young, Frederick

That's 17 players out of 22. We need to draft/trade 5 more players and we should be set.
We clearly need two B+ or A grade wingers in our team and I dont think any of Acres, Bewley, Colyer, Fredrick, Henry, etc have it. If we want to make finals consistently two wingmen and a couple of forwards that can tackle and finish. Geelong get all their drive from players like Toohey, Smith, Menengola.

Speed is a must and we could do with some all over the ground and I agree that HB isn't a priority but if Sinn is clear best available at our first then we should take him, especially if we see him as a future wingman.

Forwards and wingers with the three S's are our priority - Speed, Skill, Smarts.
If Cerra stays and Sinn falls to our first, we have a dilemma. Because we would probably be better off with an Erasmus or Johnson. You would want to be pretty sure Sinn would make it as a wingman or that Chapman or Young will progress into the midfield.

All this talk about Sinn is wild. Jordan Clark has all the same attributes and some preseasons under his belt and is local. He’s the pace on the wing we need.

My best 22 on paper. Probably never get it but would give most teams a shake.

Ryan. Hamling. Logue

Wilson. Peace. Young

Tucker. Fyfe. Cerra?

Sturt Cox. Walters

Switkowaski Tabnerner Lobb

Darcy
Brayshaw
Serong

Mundy Aish Frederick Chapman

Henry sub
I’ll take it but I’d have Walker over Tucker .
Cox over Treacy ? Nup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS talk must be bull crap surely.
As is the Jordan Clark only wants to go to Eagles talk at this stage. Mark Readings is the only one to say this and doubt he knows much more ado about nothing.

I wouldn’t be surprised for the Eagles to have a crack at him and they may well win his signature but no reason why we can’t be getting Clark over the line and a good chance Geelong retain him anyway as he has another year on contract. Geelong and West Coast have a good history of trading for a player with a year remaining on contract.

I’m not fussed by SPS but I can name a bunch of Freo players that played today that he is better than.

Narkle is ok but is essentially a fringe player. I’m not sure what posters see about Narkle that is so much better than SPS. Both should be cheap being out of contract but we need to work out whether they provide a value add.

Drafting is the number one approach and Walls is doing quite well at that.

Trading to top up with value add at a reasonable price.

If Cerra leaves we absolutely need to secure good first round pick(s) and go to the draft and steer away from trades like Hogan, Tarrant and Tim Kelly.

As is the Jordan Clark only wants to go to Eagles talk at this stage. Mark Readings is the only one to say this and doubt he knows much more ado about nothing.

I wouldn’t be surprised for the Eagles to have a crack at him and they may well win his signature but no reason why we can’t be getting Clark over the line and a good chance Geelong retain him anyway as he has another year on contract. Geelong and West Coast have a good history of trading for a player with a year remaining on contract.

I’m not fussed by SPS but I can name a bunch of Freo players that played today that he is better than.

Narkle is ok but is essentially a fringe player. I’m not sure what posters see about Narkle that is so much better than SPS. Both should be cheap being out of contract but we need to work out whether they provide a value add.

Drafting is the number one approach and Walls is doing quite well at that.

Trading to top up with value add at a reasonable price.

If Cerra leaves we absolutely need to secure good first round pick(s) and go to the draft and steer away from trades like Hogan, Tarrant and Tim Kelly.

Is Logan McDonald a possibility?

1st this year and a Future 2nd.

WA KPF.

Is Logan McDonald a possibility?

1st this year and a Future 2nd.

WA KPF.
That he hasn't signed an extension is interesting. Cerra did the same thing in his first season, signing at the end of the first season.

If he does request a trade home then it would go some way to explain being overlooked by North

That he hasn't signed an extension is interesting. Cerra did the same thing in his first season, signing at the end of the first season.

If he does request a trade home then it would go some way to explain being overlooked by North
Any talk at all about him wanting to go back to WA?

People want to throw out our only semi-decent players in the 25-29 bracket then complain when a team half full of late draft picks and rookie selections gets thumped next year.

Look mate i agree with ya.

If we go down that road it's going to get worse before it turns around. If Lobb, Cerra or whoever go and are replaced with 18 year olds..we will be bottom 4 next year.

Do we go down this road? Well maybe we have to cause i feel like some of our picks the last 5 to 6 years have been terrible. In a whole the rebuild has been not awful, but not that flash.

We have to ask ourselves..can we endure another 3 years out of finals? Or do we go shopping?

Look mate i agree with ya.

If we go down that road it's going to get worse before it turns around. If Lobb, Cerra or whoever go and are replaced with 18 year olds..we will be bottom 4 next year.

Do we go down this road? Well maybe we have to cause i feel like some of our picks the last 5 to 6 years have been terrible. In a whole the rebuild has been not awful, but not that flash.

We have to ask ourselves..can we endure another 3 years out of finals? Or do we go shopping?
Confident if they leave we won’t be bottom 4.

That isn’t the question, the question is what gives us the best chance of winning a flag? Doing a St Kilda and trying to recruit a bunch of mature players so we can meander around the 8 doing nothing of note is not the way to become a successful club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back