SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

what do you mean? You should be given the right to bounce back in the 2nd half of the year in an 18 game season! Yea early wins are great but everyone involved with Bentleigh would be spewing! Is it the times we are in? Yes unfortunately, but surely your not that dismissive to the fact that they were coming good only to be halted by Covid! That’s bloody stiff I feel for them! The season is 100 per cent compromised!
Ofcourse the season is compromised. The reality is that the clubs that did the hard work early in the season are now being rewarded.
Hence my suggestion is to make the finals a top 6 and allow some of these clubs to have a chance.

let’s be realistic, 6 v 7 playing off for finals spots etc. Outrageous what’s to say mordialloc wouldn’t have made the 5? They are on the same points as bentleigh and St. Paul’s.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to go with a top 4 vic ammos style? 1 v 2 & 3 v 4. Considering we have lost weeks already.

with the current situation we are in and no guarantee of next week, I would think the league would want get a finals series done rather than messing around for 2-3 weeks.

It’s either that or include moridalloc to the 4-7 group that are 8 points and 30+ % of the pace. And play with a top 8

1 v 4 2 v 3 5 v 8 6 v 7.

the league did this 3-4 years back - played a 19s finals series with the AFL finals structure.
im thinking they go with a top 4?

sorry form fluctuates, i would not agree on teams playing finals based on 3 good weeks.

personally, top 4 is more ideal. The teams in the 4 are clearly worthy or a finals campaign and will undoubtedly play finals. This will cut out the conversation of 5th. If they include bentleigh and St. Paul’s based on form, I would get my back up if I were Mordy. They are on the same points regardless of what you think about them, they are 4-7 no different to demons and dogs. They also knocked of port who have been some peoples finals favourites.

Bentleigh have had some chances to play finals lost by a goal to city and couldn’t hold on against the dingoes. Doggies riddled with injuries. But that’s been the Moto all season. Look at chelt, city, port, panthers. Just gotta win the games that are with in your grasp.

Ofcourse the season is compromised. The reality is that the clubs that did the hard work early in the season are now being rewarded.
Hence my suggestion is to make the finals a top 6 and allow some of these clubs to have a chance.

What about the clubs early in the season that got smashed with injuries? St Pauls prime example. Started getting cattle back and could have snuck into finals but has now had games against Highett, Oakleigh Districts scrapped.....

What about the clubs early in the season that got smashed with injuries? St Pauls prime example. Started getting cattle back and could have snuck into finals but has now had games against Highett, Oakleigh Districts scrapped.....

i agree with missing out on the lower sides, although injuries? Really.. every single team is riddled with injuries.Chelt, Port, City, panthers. That’s footy.

what do you mean? You should be given the right to bounce back in the 2nd half of the year in an 18 game season! Yea early wins are great but everyone involved with Bentleigh would be spewing! Is it the times we are in? Yes unfortunately, but surely your not that dismissive to the fact that they were coming good only to be halted by Covid! That’s bloody stiff I feel for them! The season is 100 per cent compromised!
And it will continue to be compromised every winter for a small portion of the season. Lets be honest, everyone who plays will be ineligible to be vaccinated for years

i agree with missing out on the lower sides, although injuries? Really.. every single team is riddled with injuries.Chelt, Port, City, panthers. That’s footy.

Yeah teams cop injuries, some more than most and some copped more earlier in the season which is why I used St Pauls as an example.

The season is compromised and that is what it is. Some teams will benefit from missing those games some won't.

Winners this weekend.
Cheltenham, St Pauls, Port, Dingley and Bentleigh.
Will either Bentleigh side knock East Malvern out of 5 spot ? Don't think so.

Bentleigh 89% 16 points. Got Mordi away, Highett home, Districts away. Could win all 3.
St Pauls 89% 16 points.
Got Dingley, St Kilda City home, Highett away. Could win 1 maybe 2 or all 3.
East Malvern 120% 24 points.
Got Cheltenham home, Port away, Mordi home. Will win 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 3 rounds are going to be interesting

who makes the top 3 ??

how slots in at 5th ?

I have St. Paul’s sneaking into the 5

and have chelt, dingoes and port make the 3

Dingoes, chelt, port, and city look like they are at full tilt.

Panthers dropping off the pace and the dogs are coming home hard, will they sneak into the 5?

Chelt and the Dingoes are the favourites, has anyone watched city or port play the last month, hard to ignore citys last month

defeat Bentleigh 69pts
defeat panthers 79 pts
defeat districts 87 pts
defeat Mordialloc 101 pts

not the cream of the crop by any means but complete dismantle of Bentleigh, panthers and bloods who have taken some scalps and run with the best.

Winners this weekend.
Cheltenham, St Pauls, Port, Dingley and Bentleigh.
Will either Bentleigh side knock East Malvern out of 5 spot ? Don't think so.

Bentleigh 89% 16 points. Got Mordi away, Highett home, Districts away. Could win all 3.
St Pauls 89% 16 points.
Got Dingley, St Kilda City home, Highett away. Could win 1 maybe 2 or all 3.
East Malvern 120% 24 points.
Got Cheltenham home, Port away, Mordi home. Will win 1.
If Bentleigh drop a game, then they deserve to miss out. St.Pauls very unlucky. Even if they win all three, they cannot make up the percentage difference.
Should be a final 6.

Dingoes, chelt, port, and city look like they are at full tilt.

Panthers dropping off the pace and the dogs are coming home hard, will they sneak into the 5?

Chelt and the Dingoes are the favourites, has anyone watched city or port play the last month, hard to ignore citys last month

defeat Bentleigh 69pts
defeat panthers 79 pts
defeat districts 87 pts
defeat Mordialloc 101 pts

not the cream of the crop by any means but complete dismantle of Bentleigh, panthers and bloods who have taken some scalps and run with the best.
Port are timing their run...They are still a very dangerous team and my tip for the flag.

Top 4 on fire. Looks like rest will make up numbers. Saw St Pauls V East Malvern at weekend and think doggys would be a good chance to upset a few if they make it to 5th.
Sandy will be a great place to watch finals. Will be big crowds. Hope the wind and rain stay away.
Agree Port and STKC are flying.

Top 4 on fire. Looks like rest will make up numbers. Saw St Pauls V East Malvern at weekend and think doggys would be a good chance to upset a few if they make it to 5th.
Sandy will be a great place to watch finals. Will be big crowds. Hope the wind and rain stay away.
Agree Port and STKC are flying.
Can't see St Pauls making it. E/Malvern has Mordialloc last game which should be enough to see them get through.

East Malvern have CHELT - PORT COLTS - MORDI
St Paul's have DINGLEY - CITY - HIGHETT

It isn't outside the realms of possibility that Doggies sneak in.
If you pencil a win for both teams for their last matches, that leave EM one game ahead and a little percentage.
Can ST Pauls beat both Dingley & City??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back