Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol- this will all be behind us by the end of the year. They will let it rip when we get to 70/80% vaccinated. Small mercies.

By that time, many people would have contemplated, and some even committed suicides, most of which would be in their prime or even younger. If its not the Virus that gets them, then the increasing levels of depression and anxiety will

Refer to comments by both McGowan and Gladys in the last 24 hours.

Not happening.

Exhibit A as to why we have some of the most capricious, dangerous and incompetent morons for "premiers". Nothing screams more of permanent measures than those purporting to be "temporary"

That's nothing.

You should see who helms the state I live in.

I am not denying her part in this mess, but Disaster was the one who locked the state down for over half a year last year and promised that 2021 would be different for Vics, and it feels so much worse because he betrayed those that desperately needed hope. We are into LD6, with no end of this or any proposed future LDS in sight, and it just feels so soul-destroying. I won't be surprised that calls to Lifeline, Beyond Blue and other mental health life-lines skyrocket.

Did they manage to link the craigieburn family to the al taqua? I thought it came via moonee ponds/ removalist cluster

i dont know if it was this part (i was getting coverage on and off in my car), but I think (think) they mentioned because of the lack of genetic variety between the sydney infections, its hard to specifically genomically tag. HOWEVER, they believe the 8 unknowns are connected, its just trying to make the links

The AFL should make the call now and move every finals team to WA. Play the entire series there. Fans make the game and Optus Stadium can provide a full house.
Should have kept the bye and just relocated everyone this week

ShanDog Part 5 has to be named after todays quote:

Dan Andrews and Shitty Choices - Part 5

Has something for both sides of the party divide :p

Last edited:
My employer has a vaccination program encouraging those who participate by offering gift cards for vaccination and prizes on a monthly basis till Christmas. That should be encouraged.

My mob is offering a day of annual leave to be added to the balances of those who vaccinate before end of October.

They also added 10 days "Covid leave" to sick leave balances to be used for mental health or any other Covid-related issue.

Plus no need to put leave in for vaccination related time off.

Outstanding really.

State Liberal MP compared Vics curfew to Afgan's curfew

thats up there with the journo thinking wuhan had no curfew

they simply banned people from leaving the house 100% - except 1 person for 15mins a day to get groceries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at a park yesterday, letting the little one have a swing and slide. One family had brought along a picnic table, had a cake, sweets and drinks set up; looked to be a birthday party.

There were about 8-10 kids clearly connected to this running around. There were also a similar of adults, presumably these kids' parents, gathered around. None of them wore masks. Clearly, these people were just taking the piss.

Sadly I get the distinct feeling this sort of scene was not particularly uncommon around town over the weekend. So while I hate the playground ban, I can see how it's come to pass; people are just not doing the right thing.

You think their motives are based on what state they’re from. Lol
did I say motives? Maybe the journalists are just better trained in Victoria. Maybe the major media organisations in Victoria aren’t quite as corrupt and give journalists more freedoms. maybe Victorians in general are just better critical thinkers.

By that time, many people would have contemplated, and some even committed suicides, most of which would be in their prime or even younger. If its not the Virus that gets them, then the increasing levels of depression and anxiety will

Exhibit A as to why we have some of the most capricious, dangerous and incompetent morons for "premiers". Nothing screams more of permanent measures than those purporting to be "temporary"

I am not denying her part in this mess, but Disaster was the one who locked the state down for over half a year last year and promised that 2021 would be different for Vics, and it feels so much worse because he betrayed those that desperately needed hope. We are into LD6, with no end of this or any proposed future LDS in sight, and it just feels so soul-destroying. I won't be surprised that calls to Lifeline, Beyond Blue and other mental health life-lines skyrocket.
It’s 4 months away with a clear end in sight now. People aren’t that dumb.

however if the clear end in sight is taken away then that’s another story.

Nice to see people are blaming the Premier for idiots behaving like idiots.

I said it last year and this year. By being selfish there are certain people that just don't care about what is happening around them but only care about themselves, their rights and their life is more important than anything else.

We find ourselves again, where we are, due to this "me me me" attitude. Whether it was from people in Sydney or anywhere else.

Do we need a carrot and stick approach...whereby if you do the right thing, you are rewarded...like say financially. And if you do the wrong thing you are penalised..but not financially.
Is this the Dan or Gladys thread. 🤷‍♂️

Basically, a few people doing the wrong thing (again), have f’ed it for everyone else (again)
When your policy/response can be brought crashing down by one single individual doing the wrong thing then you're in for a very hard time.
Exactly, I want to see people with actual alternative ways out of this who just have a cry when we are in lockdown.

I don’t like it, no one does. I’ve been mentally all over the place the last week or 2, but realise we need to stick fat.
The fact we're over 18 months into this and still doing the same thing over and over again is frustrating. Covid specific wards should have been set up in the beginning (anyone know what Hospitals actually did during the initial lockdowns to "prepare"?). These could have been done in conjunction with the ADF.

Hotel Quarantine is the obvious one we all know. Vaccines again, we all know.

There should be tonnes and tonnes of advice/programs set up in regards to physical fitness, which is everyones best chance of beating the virus if you catch it but it seems we are just happy to let the bottle shops keep trading and uber eats ourselves into obesity whilst being void of any personal responsibility.

Sums it up for me why people are ignoring the rules now.

View attachment 1207715
Rachel (?) was spot on with this line of questioning. You can't be going easy on people who break the rules for weeks - and then start coming down like a tonne of bricks on groups of people gathering because they are being lax in following the rules. You set the rules, you have to enforce them - or else people won't follow them. No good getting pissy about it now.

If people are lying to you/not telling the truth, then you go harder - higher penalties for lying. If you are gonna be a dictator, do it properly.

It's like the really cool, chill teacher who doesn't enforce classroom rules so the kids walk over him - until one day he just ******* snaps and starts yelling and blaming the kids for not listening to him. At that point, you've already lost the students and you may as well pack up shop.

I think the harder rules are good now - but at least admit some blame for why people were gathering in that manner in the first place.

did I say motives? Maybe the journalists are just better trained in Victoria. Maybe the major media organisations in Victoria aren’t quite as corrupt and give journalists more freedoms. maybe Victorians in general are just better critical thinkers.

Hmmm, I put it to you that it is the opposite.

Gladys gets a free ride on account of the fact that she is a Murdoch stooge. I am yet to see Credlin gatecrash a Gladys presser and it's not as though Chant and Hazzard put up a better performance at the sham inquiry set up in NSW last week than Andrews did at the VIC one last year.

We still have no idea when Chant advised Gladys to shut down. And not one journalist, save for Andrew Clennell has the guts to ask the tough questions. I'm inclined to think that Gladys hands out her approved questions on a daily basis (except for weekends when they use Twitter to inform the masses up there).

When your policy/response can be brought crashing down by one single individual doing the wrong thing then you're in for a very hard time.

The fact we're over 18 months into this and still doing the same thing over and over again is frustrating. Covid specific wards should have been set up in the beginning (anyone know what Hospitals actually did during the initial lockdowns to "prepare"?). These could have been done in conjunction with the ADF.

Hotel Quarantine is the obvious one we all know. Vaccines again, we all know.

There should be tonnes and tonnes of advice/programs set up in regards to physical fitness, which is everyones best chance of beating the virus if you catch it but it seems we are just happy to let the bottle shops keep trading and uber eats ourselves into obesity whilst being void of any personal responsibility.

Hospitals did this. Old wards were reopened, and I think even the old Peter Mac was done to allow segregation of covid cases without impacting on existing bed numbers.

This isn't a lib and alp thing, pretty sure most states did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back