Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a ‘essential work trip’ to Covid central, it’s quite clear why the virus is constantly spreading in that part of town. If they can’t understand and follow basic road rules, they’ve got no ****ing hope of following Covid restrictions.

On another note, that’s definitely the busiest I’ve seen the roads in Melbourne during any previous lockdown.

Dark day for the boomer generation. Now that vaccine take-up is explicitly our path to freedom, expect this group to be under the microscope for their refusal to take AZ.

No vaccine, no pension or franking credits.

Sure, if you ignore the part where pensioners are over 80% for first dose of the vaccine which means they’ve done their bit towards getting out of lockdowns…🙄🙄

Sure, if you ignore the part where pensioners are over 80% for first dose of the vaccine which means they’ve done their bit towards getting out of lockdowns…🙄🙄

To be fair, they are the group who should be 100% by now, because they are the ones most affected by the disease.

I do wonder what side effects they expect they will get from the vaccine which is worse or a higher risk than actually getting COVID-19. And wonder what world they expect to inherit when all the scientists, doctors, nurses, etc. grow feet out of their heads and die from the long term side effect of the vaccine they seem to know all about but the scientists, doctors, nurses, etc. dont know about.

Clearly a compliance issue in the north/ north-west. I would understand it spreading mildly and cases being around the 20-30 but for it to be exponentially rising there are clearly a fair few doing the wrong thing.

Its not a low socioeconomic issue because other parts of Melbourne where there are similar large families/ non-english speaking backgrounds have zero-very low cases.

Dan is a funny one for me, on one hand he tries the compassionate 'where in this together, thanks for doing the right thing etc' but is also happy to be very police heavy i.e. public housing towers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it's not the same thing. No-one says you shouldn't be out getting your exercise in your 5k zone but if you are not wearing a mask you are doing the wrong thing.
Maybe they were all eating nuts or smoking - according to government rules the virus doesn't spread if you are eating or smoking in public....it's amazing

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

What about those who were ok with them closing? Surely you can't be satisfied with them reopening them with more cases? Shouldn't you be scared of the spread at playgrounds?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
It is just weird the whole playgrounds thing. The original transmission concerns were out kids giving it to other kids then all the talk today was making sure adults weren't doing the wrong thing.

To be fair, they are the group who should be 100% by now, because they are the ones most affected by the disease.

I do wonder what side effects they expect they will get from the vaccine which is worse or a higher risk than actually getting COVID-19. And wonder what world they expect to inherit when all the scientists, doctors, nurses, etc. grow feet out of their heads and die from the long term side effect of the vaccine they seem to know all about but the scientists, doctors, nurses, etc. dont know about.

But there’s a reason the government has set the targets at 70-80%, there will always be some unwilling or unable to get vaccinated. My grandmother is simply not interested, she feels she’s lived a long life and she doesn’t go anywhere anyway.

I’m just sick of the usual whiners blaming them for low numbers, boomers are all above the thresholds for reopening, so if we get held up meeting targets it will solely be because of young people, not boomers.

But the poster I replied to isn’t interested in facts, just playing the blame game on lies.

It is just weird the whole playgrounds thing. The original transmission concerns were out kids giving it to other kids then all the talk today was making sure adults weren't doing the wrong thing.

It was always about people meeting up at the park, they may have tried to slide in some false information about spread to justify it, but they were always concerned with picnics in the park.

Now people are most likely just meeting up at home instead!!!

But there’s a reason the government has set the targets at 70-80%, there will always be some unwilling or unable to get vaccinated. My grandmother is simply not interested, she feels she’s lived a long life and she doesn’t go anywhere anyway.

Has she signed a DNR and told the family not to call an ambulance or take her to a hospital if she gets sick?

Otherwise it doesnt matter what sort of life she thinks she has lived, she is going to be a drain on hospital resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back