Travis Boak - Over rated by our supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.
You’re a fair dinkum muppet

Nah I'm not going to turn on Boak, club legend, best midfielder in our AFL era and he represents Port Adelaide well.

BUT his lack of a premiership is also his doing. Behinds and mental shrinkage in finals is a thing for him. Tredrea was never going to finish his footy career without an AFL premiership.
Not in the top 5 of ports best midfielders. P burgoyne, s burgoyne, r gray, j Carr, r James, g wanganeen say hi.

Nah I'm not going to turn on Boak, club legend, best midfielder in our AFL era and he represents Port Adelaide well.

BUT his lack of a premiership is also his doing. Behinds and mental shrinkage in finals is a thing for him. Tredrea was never going to finish his footy career without an AFL premiership.
Best midfielder in our AFL era? Are you 12?

He is no Bailey smith or Libba. He is consistent just not damaging

Bailey Smith sucked for the 1st half of the season. If Boak had 6-8 midfielders killing their opponents he probably would have looked like a millionaire as well. Smith is pretty awesome though. Warming to the guy and seems alot less of a flog when you hear him speak.

This is a horrible subject and you should be ashamed of yourselves. There’s 100 places to look - don’t look here. This man has been a wonderful servant of your club - an absolutely outstanding footballer - and has been a solid South Australian too. Now go away and look at players like Rozee who won’t put their head over the ball.

It would be pretty incredible if he could drag us over the line in a 71 point loss.
He could've kicked that goal in the first.

Same as last year vs Richmond, missing everything directly in front.

We hold him up as our best or equal best player in the modern era but I can't remember him delivering in even one final, especially one that's knockout.

Tom ******* Logan even tore an elimination final up ffs.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This is a horrible subject and you should be ashamed of yourselves. There’s 100 places to look - don’t look here. This man has been a wonderful servant of your club - an absolutely outstanding footballer - and has been a solid South Australian too. Now go away and look at players like Rozee who won’t put their head over the ball.
Go away

He’s a good player, but has never been a super star. Works his tail off, but misses the crucial goals and hasn’t managed to get the job done in a long, long career.

in

* off w***er. Solid South Australian? Just * off campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We hold him up as our best or equal best player in the modern era but I can't remember him delivering in even one final, especially one that's knockout.
There's the problem he wouldn't make the starting midfield of our best AFL era side. Love him but I've never seen him in that light.

Dafuq even is this?

Boak has been rated exactly the right amount his entire career.

Was good early, was s**t as a half-forward flanker, been great back in the centre the last three seasons.

Great midfielder, doesn’t have some of the pace, explosiveness or skill as the absolute super starts but nonetheless a genuine A grader and elite midfielder.

If other players were as reliable and had the commitment of Boak, maybe it’s a different result tonight.

Why he started off up forward when the dogs piled on the first 5 I will never know.

I've held onto this for years. I've never actually said it out loud. But I've never really rated Travis Boak that highly. Yeah he's a great guy, yeah he's a good footballer, yeah he's highly professional, he's loyal but he's just not any where close to a super star. He's too fumbly, his skills aren't that great, he never really drags us across the line. Tonight was a perfect example. Again. People lose their sh*t at Ken, and rightly so, but Travis always escapes criticism.

We got smashed in the midfield. He didn't stand up. Our supporters over rate him. Massively.
Cheap seats post Papa, you would have posted this at pretty much any other time over his career but waiting until now is a bit average.

Gray had a poor night too, but he has the the points on the board. He's dragged us across the line many times, in big matches, in finals.

I can't think of a single time Boak has done that. Not one
Garage, Boak has consistently been huge for us time and time again.

Difference now is, Boak has the fitness to keep going and is at the top of his game still.

Sadly Rob looks like a player who doesn’t have much left and just watched his last chance at a flag slip by.

Boak let’s himself down with poor disposal and conversion. He did some incredible things in 2013 and 2014 though, has always tried his guts out and remained loyal when most wouldn’t. He’s a club legend despite his faults.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back