2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the post-race stuff and thank god Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert were sitting down because they had massive ******* hard-ons for Hamilton. Hill in particular is a ******* dumb campaigner.

Max is a dirty driver , always was always will be . As unlikeable as Hamilton is he is nowhere near the dangerous arrogant tactics of Verstappen .
When was the last time Max punted someone at 300ks?

RB were out in the pits before McLaren though. So I guess the commentator was right?

Not really. I think they were going to pit but they told Max to do the opposite of whatever Danny Ric does. Once Dan boxed, Max stayed out there.

I'd have pinged Hamilton for crowding Verstappen as they entered the corner. That s**t is a "no-no".

After that, Verstappen just kept his nose in it when he was off track.

But that collision, imo, absolutely would not have happened had the BS in Silverstone been properly dealt with. They're not isolated incidents.

I'd have pinged Hamilton for crowding Verstappen as they entered the corner. That sh*t is a "no-no".

This is a new one.

"Verstappen is entitled to the space he needs to navigate the corner properly, other drivers should make way for him even if it disrupts their cornering".

I don't know about that.

For me it's, the lead car can go wherever they want on a straight up until they disrupt the momentum of a trailing car (Typically making a passing attempt).

In the process of turning into a corner, the lead car has right of way, and the trailing can have to back off.

Depends, though, on the corner and position. Verstappen was never fully alongside and the chicane struggles to fit two side by side.

Of course Hamilton could have left a giant hole at the apex of the second part of the chicane but that would unduly compromise his exit and it's not like Verstappen was right beside anyway (to then have the classic 'all the time you have to leave the space!' statement apply). The penalty to Verstappen and lack of complaint from RB indicates that it certainly was not Hamilton's fault anyway which you seem to imply in your previous post.

The more important issue is botched pit-stops for Verstappen and Hamilton, ultimately caused the accident - They should never have been near each other.

Just been watching a few reviews of the incident on the usual channels on YouTube that try to do serious analysis of F1. They were saying that the stewards report handing down the penalty to Max considered the chicane as one corner, not as two separate corners. Therefore the point at which Max was deemed ahead or not ahead was in the braking zone for turn 1, not in the braking zone for turn 2. Since he was behind at turn 1 he should have yielded to Lewis.

Not sure I I agree completely, but at least that is the reasoning behind their decision. Car ahead into turn 1 had right to the racing line at turn 2 and didn't need to give room to the other car trying to sneak up on the inside. I didn't know chicanes are counted as one corner together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis Hamilton seems to be recovering well.
Very much in his "element" at the Met Gala

GettyImages-1340178579.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back