Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't keep tabs on what he says on his press conferences. But he has recently lectured Gladys about matters that has no idea about because Sydney is a totally different city to the one he governs. And expecting the same results in Sydney from the measures he introduces in Perth is delusionally arrogant and stupid.

He was critical of NSW giving up. Stupid and delusional is just letting people die like they are, but Gladys and Scomo are pushing this as the new “normal” that has to be accepted.

Can you cite any actual evidence of things he says? In his press conferences for example?

Think you’ve just bought into the media beat up.
So you're suggesting that he never talks about other states choices or makes public suggestions to the press about what other states should be doing?

Where’s the smug remarks?

I don’t see what’s so offensive about pleading with NSW to not give up and let people die.
Seriously don’t ask and then insist people put up evidence. You’re coming across as smug as he does.

Seriously don’t ask and then insist people put up evidence. You’re coming across as smug as he does.

When I was in Perth earlier in the year I can confirm that they were very s**t at QR checking in and social distancing. So it’s definitely not that Westralians are some special breed that did it better than Victorians.

When I was in Perth earlier in the year I can confirm that they were very sh*t at QR checking in and social distancing. So it’s definitely not that Westralians are some special breed that did it better than Victorians.
You can literally Google smug McGowan and there’s 6 or 7 articles.

He’s doing what’s best for his state and he won a landslide election, I completely get why people from WA love him but the rest of us who are suffering don’t need him sinking the boots in.

Where’s the smug remarks?

I don’t see what’s so offensive about pleading with NSW to not give up and let people die.
You know i didn't say he was smug right?

I said he was stoking parochialism like all the other premiers and that he was making public comments about other states efforts the same as Andrews and Berejiklian.

You know today where he told Marshall that he'd not hesitate to close borders with SA if they open up to us and NSW when 80% vaccination targets are met in SA.

And that was only to people not from hot spots. He also said SA would regret that decision if it led to community transmission.

Now we've seen community transmission with closed borders because freight still goes through.

McGowan is putting pressure on SA to stay closed to the East coast so he can have a bubble with SA because WA health can't handle any covid in the community.

We've got different states with different ideas about how the next phase should go and they are publicly fighting with each other and the feds.

McGowan is part of that, like I said though they are all doing it and I don't hate him I just don't think the sun shines out of his arse which apparently for you is an issue

No, I don't keep tabs on what he says on his press conferences. But he has recently lectured Gladys about matters that has no idea about because Sydney is a totally different city to the one he governs. And expecting the same results in Sydney from the measures he introduces in Perth is delusionally arrogant and stupid.

The only major difference in “measures introduced” in Perth compared to Sydney is that McGowan locked down the city straight away and shut the borders.

I’m interested to know what aspects of Sydney’s demographics that are different to Perth would make you think the situation wouldn’t be better over there if Gladys didn’t do the same in the first place?

The only major difference in “measures introduced” in Perth compared to Sydney is that McGowan locked down the city straight away and shut the borders.

I’m interested to know what aspects of Sydney’s demographics that are different to Perth would make you think the situation wouldn’t be better over there if Gladys didn’t do the same in the first place?

A few million people and 2500km of isolation from the rest of the country for a start.

No you’re not, you want to pretend to ask why people aren’t fans of McGowan so you can then defend him because as a West Australian he’s done the best thing by you (no one is denying that) but you’re being totally disengenous pretending you want to engage in an open and even discussion about him, just as it would be disengenous of me to say I’d happily listen to why he’s not a smug, arrogant dickhead (which I’d say about nearly everyone states leader)

It will be a balancing act between trying to keep the unvaxed out and also giving confidence to the vaxxed to come.....different for every business
If QR code keeps pinging and you have to close down and isolate the staff or they get sick it adds another layer
Why do you need to keep the unvaxxed out if people are vaxxed? It makes no sense. You still pass it on when vaxxed. Its of no concern. Try and answer this without regurgitating bullshit, some logic needed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you need to keep the unvaxxed out if people are vaxxed? It makes no sense. You still pass it on when vaxxed. Its of no concern. Try and answer this without regurgitating bullshit, some logic needed
It's been posted in this thread before
If you're vaccinated and come into contact with another vaccinated person who had the virus your chances of catching it are lower than from an unvaccinated person.

Goes the other way as well in that an unvaccinated person has a higher chance of catching it from a vaccinated person

Also an unvaccinated person is more likely to end up in hospital which impacts the hospital's ability to treat patients with other issues not related to covid.

From a pure numbers perspective the risk is higher for the entire community

I picked up on something interesting today. Brett made comments regarding the vaccine and how its not really effective until two weeks have passed.

I don't think it will play a factor, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the roadmap reflects that. 70/80% + 14 days.
Possibly a bit of a delay after the percentage gets reached, but wouldn’t be 14 days, as it’s a gradual increase not 70% at the one time, so for 60 or so percent it is well over 2 weeks since vaccination. I think nsw is saying the Monday after the percentage is reached.

UK

Third jabs will be offered to people aged 50 and over, those in care homes, and frontline health and social care workers from next week.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will be used as the booster dose for around 30 million people, with experts saying it is safe to be given alongside the usual winter flu jab and to those who have previously had AstraZeneca Covid vaccines.

People will be able to get their Covid and flu vaccines on the same day, preferably with one shot in each arm.

Plan B If it doesnt work Mask WFH and Vax Passports

Possibly a bit of a delay after the percentage gets reached, but wouldn’t be 14 days, as it’s a gradual increase not 70% at the one time, so for 60 or so percent it is well over 2 weeks since vaccination. I think nsw is saying the Monday after the percentage is reached.

This makes way too much sense for the vic state government to do it

Jesus dude, grab a map of Australia and then think real hard why it might be easier to contain the movement of people in WA than NSW/VIC.

The quick lockdown failed against getting rid of the Delta strain from the community in Melbourne, a city with similar demographics and population density to Sydney. You can't completely shut the borders between 2 states that are highly interconnected with a plethora of roads leading into and out of them unlike Western Australia that has around 3 roads linking it to South Australia not to mention a large desert acting as a nice buffer.

That I said I gotta hand it to McGowan for being strict and harsh on those who have covid and break quarantine rules, irrespective of their background. Whereas Andrews in Victoria has gone with the softly softly approach on 'certain' migrant demographics who break quarantine rules and subsequently spread the virus because Vic Labor are highly reliant on the migrant vote in the North/West of Melbourne.

Andrews is fearful of being accused of discrimination and therefore racist by the militant left of his party to consider any meaningful measures that could have stopped that recalcitrant behaviour dead in its tracks from the outset which has led to Melbourne losing control of the Delta strain spread we are currently in.

I think McGowan needs to accept that Covid isn't going anywhere. Most leaders have accepted that covid zero can't happen anymore. I get that he needs to keep covid out for now while vaccination rates are low, but his language feels very divisive, he sounds like its us against them. We are meant to be one country. NSW is expecting to be 80% double dose in 6 weeks 12 for Victoria the national average is expected to reach 80% in 61 days. We should be in a good spot vaccination wise by Christmas, people will want to see family and what's he going to do just lock them out?

That is the logical answer.

The outcome the government wants is the maximum number of people to get vaccinated.

They can do that by incentivising getting vaccinated.
So much division and angst, and for what? Covid will become endemic like the other coronaviruses, with regular waves of infection but mild illness, at which point these policies will be redundant.

Singapore reports worst daily Covid case tally in more than a year
Government pauses reopening plans after 837 new daily infections, despite just four deaths in a month among 80% vaccinated population

Singapore has reported its highest one-day Covid case total in more than a year, with 837 cases recorded on Tuesday.

In response to the growing outbreak, the government has paused reopening plans and reimposed some restrictions.

Everything is open in Singapore, kids went back to school in June. They’ve had 58 deaths total. High vax & high compliance.

So much division and angst, and for what? Covid will become endemic like the other coronaviruses, with regular waves of infection but mild illness, at which point these policies will be redundant.

It will, but not for a couple of years at least. Until then we’re dealing with a disease that puts many people in hospital, a whole bunch of those in ICU, and a whole bunch of them in the ground. And there’s nothing worse than being dead is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back