Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article in light of what England are about to do with its "freedom today" with what happened when the Dutch did the same thing.

tl;dr: It went to s**t.

If you read it, it says infections increased 500% but the hoapitalisation numbers didn't really change.

Interesting article in light of what England are about to do with its "freedom today" with what happened when the Dutch did the same thing.

Johnson's way of absolving himself of responsibility for any more outbreaks.

Like influenza?
Influenza doesn’t get a high enough vaccination rate to be eradicated.

It also mutates rapidly so a more universal vaccine is needed. Everybody’s friend Bill Gates is working on that.

By the time I am in an old folks home, it might be eradicated.

Smallpox? Eradicated. Polio? Measles? Very rare until ****head anti-vax grifters start promoting their books.

Influenza doesn’t get a high enough vaccination rate to be eradicated.

It also mutates rapidly so a more universal vaccine is needed. Everybody’s friend Bill Gates is working on that.

By the time I am in an old folks home, it might be eradicated.
Et voila, here we are.

Like influenza?
US current vaccination rate is around 38%, despite a flu season last year that took 80,000 lives.
In the EU, the aggregate vaccination rate has been 41.8% with several countries vaccination rates approaching 70% or more
But the numbers of vaccinated people in other parts of the globe, specifically southeastern Asia, the eastern Mediterranean and Africa are much less.
95% of influenza doses were used in the Americas, Europe, and western Pacific; the remaining 5% in previously mentioned, Africa, eastern Mediterranean, and southeastern Asia, which collectively make up 48.5% of our global population.

So whats the game plan then?

Live like this forever

If you read it, it says infections increased 500% but the hoapitalisation numbers didn't really change.
It says they didn't increase significantly, which is different from saying they didn't change, and also said that the huge rise in infections threatened a significant rise in hospitalizations and so restrictions were reintroduced to prevent this possibility from occurring.

Currently been sitting in a queue at Cowes with the wife and two grumpy teenagers since 6:00am waiting to get tested. I reckon at least another hour. I'll be interested to see how long the queue is behind us when we're done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently been sitting in a queue at Cowes with the wife and two grumpy teenagers since 6:00am waiting to get tested. I reckon at least another hour. I'll be interested to see how long the queue is behind us when we're done.
Tested for what? What are you worried about?

Tested for what? What are you worried about?

I'm not, I never have been, but my daughter was working in designated Tier 1 site on Wednesday and she's been contacted to get tested or else she won't be allowed back at work or school until she's been tested. Since they're drive through only, I have to drive her, so thought we might as well all get done. We've all been tested before, me about 10 times, requirements of work and state borders, whaddya do?

So whats the game plan then?

Live like this forever

Exist more like. This ain't even close to living.

This is a poor imitation of a poor imitation of life.

Aren't the UK close to 60% fully vaccinated?

If it goes balls up, what's the solution after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back