AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't decide who to barrack for.

Knew a bloke years ago that was much older than me that was a diehard Doggies supporter. He passed away before the Dogs broke the drought in 2016. He knew my pain as a Saints man.

On the other hand I played footy for the Boston Demons over here in the States and the MFC were good to us. They sent over jumpers and shorts and were pretty supportive of our effort to get the Seppos to play footy.

I'm leaning toward the Dees as the Dogs are only 5 years removed from a premiership.

As most of you have mentioned I just hope it's cracker of a game. I was in a packed Irish Pub in Boston in 2000 when the Dees were destroyed by Essendon.

All the best to the Doggies and Dees supporters.

We won the ruck duel in the last quarter when English went to him.
I suspect that may be part of the plan - use Stef up early and in the last English will play more ruck. Going to be a bit tougher though as Gawn's tank is underrated and Luke Jackson is probably the best no 2 ruck in the comp right now.
Gawn will pretty much win every hit out but it really won’t matter. Your midfield has high footy IQ and will be looking to get hold of a lot his taps. Gawn’s biggest asset will be getting around the ground and clunking grabs with hopefully 2-3 goals.

Still a faux tough guy as shown by his off the ball antics
Not really. Been pretty big for us in this finals series and was big in 2018 when we beat Geelong and Hawthorn. Was second best on last week. Faux tough guys don’t put their heads over the ball.

Hopefully your players aren’t as concerned at his behaviour ‘off the ball’ as you are. It’s a GF mate, anything goes. I’d be happy if he got 4 weeks for running through someone or dropping someone in a sling tackle etc. And vice versa, if the WB get rough in their tackles then so be it.

Premiership medal is all that matters.

Who has he taken out behind the ball?
Haha are you serious?

His work on Collins only a month or so ago was pure thuggery. His work on Brad Ebert in 2016 as well

Your own supporters are calling for him to go the dirty tactics next week. Nah, he's just a clean little nugget who can lift some heavy weights.

Lol Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha are you serious?

His work on Collins only a month or so ago was pure thuggery. His work on Brad Ebert in 2016 as well

Your own supporters are calling for him to go the dirty tactics next week. Nah, he's just a clean little nugget who can lift some heavy weights.

Lol Melbourne
Oh yes, sorry.

Look mate, one incident that wasn’t great, another that was so long ago. It’s not like he has a history of it where issues arise every year.

At the end of the day he is a pretty important part of our team. And as I said, if he decides to rough up someone off the footy, so be it. I don’t think your players will stand by and watch, and I think given the opportunity to take out someone you’ll do it.

Why are you so upset about it? If one of your players flattens Oliver for example, are you going to come on here and bemoan that WB player?

Oh yes, sorry.

Look mate, one incident that wasn’t great, another that was so long ago. It’s not like he has a history of it where issues arise every year.

At the end of the day he is a pretty important part of our team. And as I said, if he decides to rough up someone off the footy, so be it. I don’t think your players will stand by and watch, and I think given the opportunity to take out someone you’ll do it.

Why are you so upset about it? If one of your players flattens Oliver for example, are you going to come on here and bemoan that WB player?
Yesh our team is full of off the ball Terry tough *****

The game will be won by the midfield that performs best. The bulldogs bat deep and have made a GF again from outside the 4. That’s huge. If they win it’ll be another massive scalp for Beverage. They’re a good outfit and they are impressive.

Supporters of both sides are very nervous. It shows.

Who was that he left hanging right at the end?

Team in disarray!!!!!111
Harmes.
I suspect he doesn't make it to the big dance and WA-based ivory poachers take him out sometime in the next week.

Geez two weeks I don't know how I'd handle that if my team was in it. One week before GF is long enough as it is.

I think Melbourne has more class but the Bulldogs have more grit. Weird how neither side had a decent Prelim to test their mettle - this game may be a bit of a shock to the system for some players - the first few minutes anyway.

Shame it's not a proper day game.
Youre forgetting our semi final. Our blokes are primed and have the intensity of that Brisbane game standing behind them. Theyve stood up in the heat and come out the other side, theyve given 110% and it showed, they cruised last weekend and now have another weekend off to sharpen up the focus, weve climed this mountain and seen the glory beyond, our boys are hungry, experienced and very keen - dogs all the way!
(I cant think of any more "sportspeak" jargon atm)

Youre forgetting our semi final. Our blokes are primed and have the intensity of that Brisbane game standing behind them. Theyve stood up in the heat and come out the other side, theyve given 110% and it showed, they cruised last weekend and now have another weekend off to sharpen up the focus, weve climed this mountain and seen the glory beyond, our boys are hungry, experienced and very keen - dogs all the way!
That Brisbane game has nothing to do with this coming weekend. You got over the line after a soft free kick and managed to scramble a point. Your game against Port is a much better reflection of your ability, as is ours with Geelong. Both sides go in dead even and equal.

Last edited:

No I haven't forgotten that, it was a great game and to be fair at the higher end of quality when it comes to Semis. Quite probably game of the year.

But over the past couple of decades the trend I've seen is that Prelims and Grand Finals are usually a considerable step up from the first couple of weeks. So although the Semi was excellent, I still think it gets a bit of a discount just because it was a semi.

On the flipside, it was a finals win interstate at an opposition's home ground, something that historically I rate quite highly.

That Brisbane game has nothing to do with this coming weekend. You got over the line after a soft free kick and managed to scramble a point. Your game against Port is a much better reflection of your ability, as is ours with Geelong. Both sides go in dead even and equal.
Just couldn't resist, could you?

Dang I thought my Dees would be hungry as well for this glory. Ah well, on to next year

Back