List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Academy, Contracts, Trading & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Some more trade and draft resources. Courtesy of Lore.

Key Off-Season Dates
This is a comprehensive list including dates for draft combines, list lodgements, delisted free agency windows and return to train dates. I had to collate these from three different club websites because the AFL is lazy af and doesn't have it on their website, so thought it might be helpful to share:

AFL TRADE, DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY DATES 2021

AFL TRADE, DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY DATES 2021

Grand Final

Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Friday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10
Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16
WA: Sunday October 17
NSW & ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Wednesday November 3 – Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 11 – Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday December 19 - Sunday January 9

Draft Order & Future Pick Tracker

FAQs & Resources Thread

It has an index at the top with threadmarks so it's easy to find what you're looking for – or easier than scrolling through 250 pages of AFL Rules, Regulations and CBA pdfs anyway.

These sorts of questions are all answered along with a bunch of other resources made by posters from across BigFooty (feel free to add to it!):

GWS List Summary

Senior List

33: 36 less delisted Shipley & Hutchesson, delisted Wehr (to be reselected in rookie draft), traded Finlayson, plus DFA signing of Brander. 3 to 5 spots available at ND.

1 Phil Davis - 2022
2 Jacob Hopper - 2023
3 Stephen Coniglio - 2026
4 Toby Greene - 2026
5 Tanner Bruhn - 2022
6 Lachie Whitfield - 2027
7 Lachlan Ash - 2023
8 Callan Ward - 2022
9 Ryan Angwin - 2022
10 Jacob Wehr - 2022 [delisted with an agreement to select in the rookie draft]
11 Brayden Preuss - 2023
12 Tom Green - 2023
13 Isaac Cumming - 2022
14 Tim Taranto - 2022
15 Sam Taylor - 2025
16 Brent Daniels - 2025
18 Conor Stone - 2024
19 Nick Haynes - 2024
22 Josh Kelly - 2029
23 Jesse Hogan - 2022
24 Matthew De Boer - 2022
25 Lachlan Keeffe - 2022
26 Jake Riccardi - 2023
27 Harry Himmelberg - 2023
29 Cam Fleeton - 2022
30 Matt Flynn - 2023
32 Kieran Briggs - 2022
33 Xavier O'Halloran - 2022
36 Harry Perryman - 2022
37 Ian Hill - 2022
39 Connor Idun - 2022
40 Adam Kennedy - 2022
44 Jack Buckley - 2022

+ Jarrod Brander - 2022 (selected in first DFA window)

Rookie List - A

4: 7 less delisted Reid & Buntine, retired Shane Mumford. 0 to 2 spots available for rookie draft.

28 Zach Sproule - 2022
38 Daniel Lloyd - 2022
42 Jake Stein - 2022
45 James Peatling - 2022

Rookie List - B

2: full

35 Will Shaw - 2022
46 Callum M Brown - 2022 (Irish international rookie, extended 1 year under COVID rules)

Last edited:
if we are going after o e of the hawks then Breust sjhould be the one. Goal kicker with very good defensive pressure.

the fox footy guys suggesting Tom Mitchell should be the one cause they though an extra inside mid would be a handy addition 🤦🏽‍♂️

A 17 year old is very different to a 28 (I think) year old

Woosa let it go

I disagree, not only did he mess with the process he then openly and pretty brazenly bragged about it in the press.

He’s not a player we need to have, his on-field persona with teammates can be surly and divisive, very much in the Brendon Goddard mould.

The shoe is now on the other foot and as I said he can find a nice bag of dicks to feast on. I would be very annoyed with the club if they even contemplated him at any price.

Last edited:
I disagree, not only did he mess with the process he then openly and pretty brazenly bragged about it in the press.

He’s not a player we need to have, his on-field persona with teammates can be surly and divisive, very much in the Brendon Goddard manner.

The shoe is now on the other foot and as I said he can find a nice bag of dicks to feast on. I would be very annoyed with the club if they even contemplated him at any price.
Fair enough

I bloody hope nobody would hold my current self accountable to the stuff I said and did as a 17 year old tho

To add to my previous post about how bad our draft picking was in 2018 get this.
In order to get Hill at 24 we traded pick 28 and a future second to move up to pick 24. So essentially you could say what would be equivalent to a pick in the teens…. Sorry Bobby but you’re getting traded to the Box Hill thirds of it means we get the best compensation from them!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are the chances that Josh Green gets picked up?
Late round or rookie?
Still reckon not, unfortunately. I guess we'll have to see where the list ends up at the end of trade period, but really his core role is one that we're well stocked in.

Patrick Voss probably has a better chance of being drafted as at least his position is a little different.

I hope like hell that your hierarchy put the shutters up on this Bobby Hill fiasco.

This is as smelly a fraud as I've ever seen.
TBH, I reckon it's being driven by his GF. Apparently a Victorian (not sure how that happened in Sydney!) and wants to go back to Melbourne for family support. I reckon that she's seen Finlayson get a trade to Port at his GF's request, and has convinced Bobby to ask for similar. Remember that Bobby wanted to come to GWS as he was already a GWS fan as a kid (yes, unusual for a WA country lad).

Hence the broad ''Victorian club'' request, as he probably doesn't really want to go, and just needs to get somewhere. I'd be devastated for him to go somewhere the fans don't want him.

But apparently I can't call Bombers fans nuffies on the main board because they know FA about him. :rolleyes: Lord knows they can say what they like, though.

TBH, I reckon it's being driven by his GF. Apparently a Victorian (not sure how that happened in Sydney!) and wants to go back to Melbourne for family support. I reckon that she's seen Finlayson get a trade to Port at his GF's request, and has convinced Bobby to ask for similar. Remember that Bobby wanted to come to GWS as he was already a GWS fan as a kid (yes, unusual for a WA country lad).

Hence the broad ''Victorian club'' request, as he probably doesn't really want to go, and just needs to get somewhere. I'd be devastated for him to go somewhere the fans don't want him.

But apparently I can't call Bombers fans nuffies on the main board because they know FA about him. :rolleyes: Lord knows they can say what they like, though.
Were you naughty GS? 🤣

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently.

Half the posters commenting on Bobby can't spell his name, let alone know what he does for the team. (OK, the first bit's an exaggeration! ;) )
And yet wouldn’t surprise me. Yeah I’ve read what has been said and you just have to shake your head.
We definitely need to make a stand here.
If he is so rubbish why has pretty
Much every vic club put up their hand for him?

And yet wouldn’t surprise me. Yeah I’ve read what has been said and you just have to shake your head.
We definitely need to make a stand here.
If he is so rubbish why has pretty
Much every vic club put up their hand for him?
Yep, I laugh every year when they come for a player (Treloar, Shiel, Steele, Jezza, Caldwell etc etc etc) and when it's still open as to which club he'll go to it's ''he's a gun, of course he'll come to (our team)" but as soon as he nominates a team it's "he's not worth much because he's such a limited/poor/role player", then once he arrives at the club it's back to "what a gun player he is and we paid less for him than he's worth"! :rolleyes:

To add to my previous post about how bad our draft picking was in 2018 get this.
In order to get Hill at 24 we traded pick 28 and a future second to move up to pick 24. So essentially you could say what would be equivalent to a pick in the teens…. Sorry Bobby but you’re getting traded to the Box Hill thirds of it means we get the best compensation from them!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You seem to be mixing up bad trading with bad drafting as outside of Hately which made no sense as he was neither a need or best available.
Every other selection in 2018 was either best available or fitted a need. As for trading out could we have gotten a better outcome - sure.

But when it comes to Caldwell you need to look at the full picture as Caldwell ended up being part of the Cameron trade and so far that has resulted in pick 15, 18 and pick 2 this year and its likely we will also split pick 2 and add an extra 1st round pick. So end result looking like a 1st rd for Caldwell and 3 1st rds for Cameron which was the goal at the time. The club just took the long way to get to it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back