Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes I think he knows he has no goodwill left among anyone who isn't rusted on, so from now it's job-saving mode.

We will legit hit 90% double dose by probably January. That’s an amazing figure. If vaccines work, which I have no doubt they do, we should not be locking down states at 90%. Job-saving mode shouldn’t even come into question.

We will legit hit 90% double dose by probably January. That’s an amazing figure. If vaccines work, which I have no doubt they do, we should not be locking down states at 90%. Job-saving mode shouldn’t even come into question.

Don't want to be a buzzkill but I can definitely see us locking down next Winter once it's clear we all need boosters.

I think I got my Pfizer in early June, given the lower efficacy rate I reckon I'll be due for a booster in the next few months. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see 2x boosters a year as the new normal.

Surely employee would be able to point to government advice to “work from home where possible”. I suppose if the company decided to kill WFH for everyone then they could say we have no obligation to the anti vaxxer but if they allow WFH for others in similar roles the antivaxxer would still be entitled to access IMO

It’ll be interesting to see what happens because yes the government advice is still work from home if you can.

My manager has been a massive pain when it comes to letting me WFH, which ends with days like today where there are just 2 of us in the office but when I ask to WFH he says we’ll talk about it later…

When I asked for a week of WFH after 2nd vaccination he said no, let me have 3 days but in the end as I was knocked about had no choice but to let me have the week.

Don't want to be a buzzkill but I can definitely see us locking down next Winter once it's clear we all need boosters.

I think I got my Pfizer in early June, given the lower efficacy rate I reckon I'll be due for a booster in the next few months. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see 2x boosters a year as the new normal.

Boosters will be ready Jan/Feb is what I have read.

My understanding is boosters are more necessary for AZ than Pfizer.

Source: somewhere in this thread (or by this guy)

Australia will retain an isolation advantage once numbers get low - it's not like our borders are going to be like Europe's are any time soon (regardless of pandemic measures).

Climactic conditions will mean an outbreak will remain more likely in Melbourne than Brisbane. Can't change that either.

But I believe the time of widespread lockdowns in Victoria is just about over. The question is now about rate of return to normality, and targeted response to outbreaks.

Where do you stand on childcare no jab no play?
And the medical field generally has disdain for anti vaccination viewpoints. Would say more mental damage being done from lockdown and if mandate is way out of lockdown I take that every time.

Kinda hard to be anti-vax when as late as 2018 as adult in my 30s I willingly went and had a vaccine. Don't mistake personal choice as anti-vax.

1634535827869.png
vaccine.png

Attachments

• ahmet2.png
    ahmet2.png
    800 bytes · Views: 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or NSW for that matter, re it being mandatory for lots of specific jobs.

However put yourself in a governments shoes. Say you are premier of Victoria, you have an issue of rising case numbers and your options to ensure we don’t have heaps of deaths are either:

A) make sure as many get vaccinated as quick as possible
B) go an even more hardcore lockdown akin to Wuhan
C) Encourage people to be vaccinated but don’t mandate anything.

Seems you favour option c, but people would lose their sh*t as there would be a lack of certainty of when we’d ever reduce restrictions.

I personally took the vaccine as I want this sh*t to be over with and live life normally again and even though I’d personally be at low risk, getting vaccinated I deem good for the better of everyone.

To me it’s no different from other laws which are enforced to protect public safety (can’t drink drive, must wear bike helmets etc).

Government is their to facilitate and help, they are not their to mandate and tell us what to do. We saw well before the mandate vaccination rates were high, their was no need for the mandate at all, it was simply a power move, something Andrews has done once or twice throughout this whole thing.

Anti vax is anti vax. Being against the covid vaccine means you are now taking an anti vax position. There is no personal choice.

Lol ok buddy. Get proven you're wrong labelling me something, still persist to label said person. i am so anti vaccine I willingly had vaccinations previously and had all my childhood ones. But now im anti vax because I was waiting for more information on the covid vaccines. :drunk:

Lol ok buddy. Get proven you're wrong labelling me something, still persist to label said person. i am so anti vaccine I willingly had vaccinations previously and had all my childhood ones. But now im anti vax because I was waiting for more information on the covid vaccines. :drunk:

No. I actually believe you took the covid vaccine
But there is NO place for saying refusal of vaccine is a personal choice. Taking that position - personal choice ABOVE taking a vaccine = anti vaccine position in my book.

No. I actually believe you took the covid vaccine
But there is NO place for saying refusal of vaccine is a personal choice. Taking that position - personal choice ABOVE taking a vaccine = anti vaccine position in my book.

It's always personal choice, doesn't mean you are against something or don't believe in it, it just means you don't want it.

No complaints if the hospital system cant cope - will the CHO be held accountable or is he documenting everything now?

It's always personal choice, doesn't mean you are against something or don't believe in it, it just means you don't want it.
and then the consequences of this will also be your choice - eg no entry into businesses, no work, that type of thing.

We have placed colleagues n the health field on administrative leave (essentially using their banked sick leave) while they decide. Generally we think these people are idiots for not getting the jab sooner (its only been 7 months ffs since everyone else got theirs)

You might understand a front line healthcare professional not taking your view. Thinking its just bloody selfish & its you expecting them to wear the consequences of that decision.

and then the consequences of this will also be your choice - eg no entry into businesses, no work, that type of thing.

We have placed colleagues n the health field on administrative leave (essentially using their banked sick leave) while they decide. Generally we think these people are idiots for not getting the jab sooner (its only been 7 months ffs since everyone else got theirs)

No you claimed me to be anti-vax, I clearly proved that I am far from anti-vax. We will agree to disagree, most people were getting vaccinated well before mandate, was no need to place the mandate.

Staff have been terminated as I understand.

You might understand a front line healthcare professional not taking your view. Thinking its just bloody selfish & its you expecting them to wear the consequences of that decision.

He's more than welcome to get another job, no one is forcing nurses to put themselves in the position they are in, and they wear the consequences of a lot of self made problems on a high scale all the time, lets not pretend this is something new.

No you claimed me to be anti-vax, I clearly proved that I am far from anti-vax. We will agree to disagree, most people were getting vaccinated well before mandate, was no need to place the mandate.
I believe you also earlier posted that you felt less of a human because you were submitting to the vaccination
which is some ridiculous freedumb thinking, consistent with an anti vax position on this vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back