Analysis Make Dusty captain.

Your pick for Captain.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are backing Jack Graham, but I can't see it happening with so many better credentialled players available to do it.

I'm dissapointed Jack R didn't get more support in the poll.
He is our best media performer, he plays a team game and he performs for the side under pressure .
Probably because most think he's only got 1 year left in him, I don't think we should have a stand in captain for only 1 season.

cotch did fu** all last year lel, probably coz he has hated the AFL administration and media since 2020 or even earlier

dusty can do a bit then jiewoldt n graham can whore emselves out for the rest of it
Disagree but hey this is a forum and I love your opinion

Not yet. But he quite often is forced to play a selfless, thankless role and only gets better every year. Hopefully now we can see him have the shackles released more often. He's shown he can be a offensive threat, not just a defensively minded 2 way runner.

He is an awesome kick to a leading forward into F50. One our best.

Vlastuin for mine. Dusty would've made a great leader in another era but simple fact is the parasitic media don't like how Dusty has practically snubbed them his whole career. As Captain he'll have too many bullshit obligations that he will be obliged to do and the scum in the media will be after their pound of flesh. I'd rather Dusty be in a good headspace not hating footy. He's a leader regardless of title.

I'm not really sold on Dusty as captain. Legendary player but he's not necessarily the greatest speaker for the playing group and club and that's a big part of captaincy.

I'd go with Dylan Grimes for 2 years, then see who's emerging in 2024 as a longer appointment.

Dusty can still be the onfield spiritual leader.

As VC I'd go with Vlastuin and maybe an older head like Lynch or Edwards for a year.

The 'Martin doesn't talk well or doesn't like media' argument is not a reason imo. You need to see how well he does it in recent years. He now has a lot more confidence with interviews and handles himself well. He can do that role. I think he would happily do media as part of his next step in his career. It could be all part of the challenge he needs in life.
Now he may come out and say he doesn't want to do it, but he is completely different in front of the camera now compared to 5 years ago.

Jack Graham media interview. Is the club putting him forward? Although vote in late Jan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I reckon we could do a 5 captain try next year

Nank
Graham
Vlas
JR
Lynch
Stack

in no particular order
Back to 2015 - 2016 with 15 man leadership groups?

Graham for me, seems to have similar temperament as Cotchin, has youth on his side to develop into role backed with premiership experience

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for it to be Nank.

Vital player when fit, gives his absolute all every match, drags others with him with his physicality and attack on the contest. The right age and speaks well. Screams captaincy material to me.
I find it funny that people think Dusty wouldn't want to do it given the media responsibilities, but then nominate Nank instead.

I feel Dusty should be the next captain even if we have to talk him in to being captain.
He leads by example and makes other players better .
Let the vice captain do some more talking to the media if that gets Dusty across the line.
Basically you’re saying get Dusty to do the toss every week. He already leads internally, and it’s pretty clear he doesn’t like the media stuff. Sure, if he walked in one day and said ‘make me captain’ then you couldn’t say no, but short of that, what’s the point of giving it to him?

Basically you’re saying get Dusty to do the toss every week. He already leads internally, and it’s pretty clear he doesn’t like the media stuff. Sure, if he walked in one day and said ‘make me captain’ then you couldn’t say no, but short of that, what’s the point of giving it to him?
But short wants to be captain...!?

Back