Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anecdotal but I had two AZ as my shots and had a Moderna booster 23rd December. We went to Sydney on Jan 3rd and every place we went we got messages that we were there with covid cases.this means we were exposed with to the virus. Mainly outdoors. Got home, went to the Bulldogs v Melbourne game, have been out and about since and haven't caught it yet.
However it may be that I am one who is immune, the vaccine has in my case stopped me getting it, or I may have been asymptomatic and already had it. I rarely get colds so if Omicron is now endemic, it may be I just aren't susceptible that much

one thing for sure is that I haven't needed to go to a doctor, ER or hospital because of this virus, the same reason I have a flu shot.

I'm not sure if you know the definition of endemic?

Anecdotal but I had two AZ as my shots and had a Moderna booster 23rd December. We went to Sydney on Jan 3rd and every place we went we got messages that we were there with covid cases.this means we were exposed with to the virus. Mainly outdoors. Got home, went to the Bulldogs v Melbourne game, have been out and about since and haven't caught it yet.
However it may be that I am one who is immune, the vaccine has in my case stopped me getting it, or I may have been asymptomatic and already had it. I rarely get colds so if Omicron is now endemic, it may be I just aren't susceptible that much

one thing for sure is that I haven't needed to go to a doctor, ER or hospital because of this virus, the same reason I have a flu shot.
There's evidence (such as yours) that there is a lot of asymptomatic infection in the wider population. Everyone who feels slightly "off" may in fact have it. Let's hope it continues to spread in this way, if indeed it has to spread.

Did you notice Active cases in Australia have fallen? I don't know how often they update this:

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613 -4,225
Victoria245,040 7,481
Queensland86,953 -116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365 -120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356 -113,568

There's evidence (such as yours) that there is a lot of asymptomatic infection in the wider population. Everyone who feels slightly "off" may in fact have it. Let's hope it continues to spread in this way, if indeed it has to spread.

Did you notice Active cases in Australia have fallen? I don't know how often they update this:

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613-4,225
Victoria245,0407,481
Queensland86,953-116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365-120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356-113,568

Queensland dropping 116,704 active cases in a day seems like an administrative error (most likely on the part of QLD health and how they previously defined 'active cases'

COVIDLive updates daily based off the state COVID reports.

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613-4,225
Victoria245,0407,481
Queensland86,953-116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365-120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356-113,568
With little PCR testing being carried out, not sure I believe numbers any more. Know of small number of people that have taken RA tests and not reported on line. Especially if positive and only have cold like symptoms.

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613-4,225
Victoria245,0407,481
Queensland86,953-116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365-120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356-113,568
The QLD data looks suspicious. Could be a typo.

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613-4,225
Victoria245,0407,481
Queensland86,953-116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365-120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356-113,568
Greg Hunt today said we may have passed the peak which would account for the decrease in cases. I think they need falls for a number of days to confirm.

Greg Hunt today said we may have passed the peak which would account for the decrease in cases. I think they need falls for a number of days to confirm.

Did you actually look at the table?

4 states have yet to report data for today, Victoria's numbers are still rising, NSW's has dropped by approx. 1% and QLD's data is clearly an administrative error.

What's the connection to Dictator Dan's performance?

well the post that started the discussion was

I read somewhere that 100,000 tests were “dumped” and that no results wouid be forthcoming. Not sure whether in Vic or NSW (or both).

Complete shitshow.

I responded that its happened in both states but the media coverage has only been about the 100k in Vic to which Kwality posted a link to an article in the Australian about unvaccinated people in hospital in NSW which again not sure what the thought process was when we were talking about PCR tests being dumped for being too old

Did you actually look at the table?

4 states have yet to report data for today, Victoria's numbers are still rising, NSW's has dropped by approx. 1% and QLD's data is clearly an administrative error.
Yeah I was trying to be positive. Taking Qld out of it numbers do seem to be flattening. Although in the news today in Tas tests have halved due to now having to book online to get a test. So less tests would equate to less cases..

The QLD data looks suspicious. Could be a typo.

may be just due to lumpy data

with test results coming in waves, and people being bumped off the active list after 10 (?) days, its possible

well the post that started the discussion was

I responded that its happened in both states but the media coverage has only been about the 100k in Vic to which Kwality posted a link to an article in the Australian about unvaccinated people in hospital in NSW which again not sure what the thought process was when we were talking about PCR tests being dumped for being too old

Perhaps he was highlighting the link between age and cognitive ability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I do. thats exactly what Omicron is becoming.

What's the definition of endemic mean then mate, because the definition of endemic doesn't fit with what you're trying to suggest :thumbsu:

Er, consensus is that Covid is not yet endemic and possibly never will be.

Depends who you listen to. QLD CHO seems keen on the idea of a milder variant circulating. Was only two days ago the head of Moderna said it’ll most likely be endemic this year. A WHO official said the other day it will become endemic, just doesn’t know when and it is too early to say so. Then there’s others who predict it’ll never be endemic.
But whenever someone mentions it on here, they get smashed down 🤣

Fairly standard throughout this whole pandemic - a real mix bag of advice and predictions from “experts”.

It’s a real sensitive point for some.

Last edited:
Depends who you listen to. QLD CHO seems keen on the idea of a milder variant circulating. Was only two days ago the head of Moderna said it’ll most likely be endemic this year. A WHO official said the other day it will become endemic, just doesn’t know when and it is too early to say so.
But then whenever someone mentions it on here, they get smashed down 🤣

Fairly standard throughout this whole pandemic - a real mix bag of advice and predictions from “experts”.

It’s a real sensitive point for some isn’t it?

What do you think endemic means mate?

What do you think endemic means mate?

The virus still being present in a population at a constant rate, spreading at a controllable phase due to greater immunity. That doesn’t mean it’s all over and we pack up shop. We still need vaccines, education, measures and boosters ongoing.

You're so far off the mark it would be funny but you do this all the time and it's annoying as fu**

For someone that claims to be wide read you sure do leap to thr defence of Mudoch and Costello a lot

Poor attempt to move the gaolposts (sic). I get it though, you didnt get the response you were fishing for & your tanty has been exposed for what it is, 'it's annoying as fu**'

The virus still being present in a population at a constant rate, spreading at a controllable phase due to greater immunity. That doesn’t mean it’s all over and we pack up shop. We still need vaccines and boosters ongoing.
Correct. Endemic means its manageable and controllable even if the case rates are high. I would say given the mildness of Omicron and the effectiveness of the vaccines it will be endemic very soon. Unless there is another variant that evades the vaccines.

Correct. Endemic means its manageable and controllable even if the case rates are high. I would say given the mildness of Omicron and the effectiveness of the vaccines it will be endemic very soon. Unless there is another variant that evades the vaccines.

Essentially it’s the real “living with the virus”.

The virus still being present in a population at a constant rate, spreading at a controllable phase due to greater immunity. That doesn’t mean it’s all over and we pack up shop. We still need vaccines, education, measures and boosters ongoing.

I’m not sure if I would agree with the suggestion that Omicron is currently spreading at a constant or controllable rate.

Nor did I say we were at an endemic phase..

But you were getting crabby about people suggesting that we weren’t.

Make up your mind mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back