Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I get “crabby” at people suggesting we weren’t there yet?

Less than an hour ago mate--
Depends who you listen to. QLD CHO seems keen on the idea of a milder variant circulating. Was only two days ago the head of Moderna said it’ll most likely be endemic this year. A WHO official said the other day it will become endemic, just doesn’t know when and it is too early to say so. Then there’s others who predict it’ll never be endemic.
But whenever someone mentions it on here, they get smashed down 🤣

Fairly standard throughout this whole pandemic - a real mix bag of advice and predictions from “experts”.

It’s a real sensitive point for some.

Haha from that post, you managed to summarise it as me having a go at people for thinking it’s not endemic yet?

Haha fu** me.

Do you really not read the sh*t that you post?

Given Australia’s new infection rate is at the top of the international tree and it’s summer in a largely vaccinated population could we hold the premature celebration?

Especially as if this prediction is true (short but high curve) we wouldn’t need to remain cautions for long before it plays out

Do you really not read the sh*t that you post?

Point 1 from that post: some experts suggest it will become endemic.

Point 2 from that post: some experts believe it’ll never be endemic.

Point 3 from that post: fairly standard form throughout this pandemic in experts giving us a mixed bag in opinions.

Point 4 from that post: anyone who brings up that it’ll become endemic seems to get shot down quickly. The same can be said for those who say it’ll never be endemic.

At no point in that post did I make any comment about it being endemic now or that anyone’s opinions are incorrect.

What's the definition of endemic mean then mate, because the definition of endemic doesn't fit with what you're trying to suggest :thumbsu:
oh no I forgot to put 'about to', become endemic on my original post. Have corrected it.

It is generally accepted that Omicron will become endemic

There's evidence (such as yours) that there is a lot of asymptomatic infection in the wider population. Everyone who feels slightly "off" may in fact have it. Let's hope it continues to spread in this way, if indeed it has to spread.

Did you notice Active cases in Australia have fallen? I don't know how often they update this:

Active

Total Active Cases​

STATEACTIVEVARNET
NSW338,613-4,225
Victoria245,0407,481
Queensland86,953-116,704
SA32,950-
ACT3,257-
Tasmania6,365-120
NT4,067-
WA111-
Australia717,356-113,568

I wouldn't place too much faith in the active case number. Reporting is all over the place and with the amount of unreported data out there there is no real way of knowing right now if things are stabilising or not.

I know a couple of people who are sick but cannot get their hands on a RAT and have been waiting days for the PCR result.

Sure does, here you go

I'm not watching a YouTube video from some crackpot scientist--- but can you try to explain how that website link relates to what you're trying to explain. The current omicron situation in Australia is NOT a constant and controllable situation.

Poor attempt to move the gaolposts (sic). I get it though, you didnt get the response you were fishing for & your tanty has been exposed for what it is, 'it's annoying as fu**'
I've never once moved the goal posts
you joined a conversation about reporting on expired PCR tests with an article about unvaccinated people in hospital

It wasn't relevant to the discussion but apparently because it was a report on something that happened in NSW you think thats all that is required to disprove bias in the media

now if you'd found articles reporting on the fact that NSW was also dumping old PCR samples and not providing answers to people they had tested you might have had a point, but you didn't and you posted something irrelevant to the discussion then acted like you'd just won a game of chess

Feel like you're back in the classroom?

Covid can either disappear like smallpox or polio, or it could become endemic in certain populations like malaria.

I've now been provided with three definition of endemic-- yet not ONE of them can suggest how the current situation remotely looks like an endemic situation.

It's like I'm responding to people who don't understand what they're trying to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not watching a YouTube video from some crackpot scientist--- but can you try to explain how that website link relates to what you're trying to explain. The current omicron situation in Australia is NOT a constant and controllable situation.

Is this the way you people argue? FMD what a way to make a complete bellend of yourself.

I've now been provided with three definition of endemic-- yet not ONE of them can suggest how the current situation remotely looks like an endemic situation.

It's like I'm responding to people who don't understand what they're trying to say.
you only see what you want to see by the looks, no point arguing with someone with such a strange way of looking at facts.

You are given the opportunity and you point blank refuse to look at any evidence. Closed minds never open. Hilarious

you only see what you want to see by the looks, no point arguing with someone with such a strange way of looking at facts.

You are given the opportunity and you point blank refuse to look at any evidence. Closed minds never open. Hilarious

So you're one of those "do your own research types"?

Telegram groups, Joe Rogan podcasts and YouTube videos aren't really known as the most reliable sources of information.

Is this the way you people argue? FMD what a way to make a complete bellend of yourself.

I love how you respond with a personal attack rather than try to explain how Australia's situation looks remotely like an endemic (despite what you claimed this morning)

Covid might become endemic down the track.

What’s your definition of endemic

Here’s my definition.

Yeah but Omicron isn’t controlled right now.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Endemic does not mean its not serious, it means its predictable and controllable. Measles for example kills 000's of kids world wide a year but its endemic.
Given the high vax rates in Aus it should become endemic very soon.

Nobody is also suggesting we’re definetly close or there yet. Sensitive issue for some.

Yeah there are still many places in Aus like WA where the virus will cause spikes but should settle over time (unless there is a new variant)

I’m going to assume experts are suggesting Omicron will eventually become a controlled variant due to greater immunity and it being milder. That’s also with the hope of no other bad variants coming in. That doesn’t mean we are there yet, in which some are getting their knickers in a knot about.

Today's entry for bizarre person insults from 30 years ago--

getting their knickers in a knot about.

Play the topic, rather than the man :thumbsu:

It's not my fault you don't read half the posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back