Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does I’m not sure we’ll be making the 8. Not because of him playing but he only plays that many if we have significant outs. 4-6 would be a good return for him Year 1
I’m not sure about this sorry. Sometimes kids are seriously just ready made (see Sydney last year) - and hopefully we have one if not two raring to go. We’ve recruited well on paper and the lottery begins round 1. We’ve shown we have a history of canny recruiting over the last 10 years and we could bat really deep with 1 or 2 rookies consistently holding their spots - including Gibcus.

Could Gibcus potentially push a regular seasoned player out - absolutely! As could one of the other four………

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst physically he isnt ready, athletically he is phenomenal. History shows these kids can often play a role despite being light on for size.
Same size/weight and physical attributes as Naughton when he was drafted and he played 18 games in his first year and finished top 5 in the bnf.

Same size/weight and physical attributes as Naughton when he was drafted and he played 18 games in his first year and finished top 5 in the bnf.
WOW really?!? Rate Naughton very highly! Bodes good for biscuits then!

I didnt know that, thats interesting, but you can see Gibcus doesnt have the muscle mass yet, where asnaughton came in built like a man

I didnt know that, thats interesting, but you can see Gibcus doesnt have the muscle mass yet, where asnaughton came in built like a man
Yeah Naughton had played against men in the wafl in his draft year and was able to hold down a kpd spot in year one. If Gibcus plays you'd think he'd play as more of a 3rd defender/interceptor which should help him play more consistent footy in his first year.

I've put a few bucks on him for the rising star @ $41. Hard to see JHF not getting up but anything can happen. Daniel Talia won it years ago at longer odds if I remember correctly.

Yeah Naughton had played against men in the wafl in his draft year and was able to hold down a kpd spot in year one. If Gibcus plays you'd think he'd play as more of a 3rd defender/interceptor which should help him play more consistent footy in his first year.

I've put a few bucks on him for the rising star @ $41. Hard to see JHF not getting up but anything can happen. Daniel Talia won it years ago at longer odds if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he does get a game early he'd be playing forward. Jack-Lynch-Gibcus would stretch many backlines.

If all defenders are fit cant see him playing back especially with Tarrant, Grimes, Balta and Broad as the main talls.

Yeah and as a 3rd tall he could really cause some head aches. Very few KPD's his size can move like he does.

Yeah and as a 3rd tall he could really cause some head aches. Very few KPD's his size can move like he does.
That’s the thing if we play him we don’t need to necessarily play him in the key position role
We have the bigger blokes to take on the gorillas if he moves well we can just match him up on a smaller player or 3rd tall like you mentioned

We had Mansell slot right in last season and Stack played back in his first season and if anything Gibbo is bigger than those two blokes

Doubt Gibcus plays up front. But he'll likely get a chance if there is COVID around this year (as in, there will be COVID causing players to miss games). And I reckon we'll play him as that 3rd tall interceptor or 3rd tall forward.

I'm rapt with picking him up. The elite intercept CHB is one of the key roles in the game today. Absolutely could be a star for us

Doubt Gibcus plays up front. But he'll likely get a chance if there is COVID around this year (as in, there will be COVID causing players to miss games). And I reckon we'll play him as that 3rd tall interceptor or 3rd tall forward.

I'm rapt with picking him up. The elite intercept CHB is one of the key roles in the game today. Absolutely could be a star for us
You mean, will be star for us. Really am extremely confident he is the real deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back