Training Alright, alright, alright! Its the 2022 Pre-season training thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

unknown.png

oh Bevo
One handle bar is thicker than the other. Need to get Toby Mc onto it!

Last edited:

I actually want Bont to now start sporting the same tache - in fact the whole team, especially the leadership group. Imagine Macrae with one of those! Then the AFL world will show him some respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your unbiased opinion, if Weightman and Kozzi Pickett were both available and we could select one of them to have on our list for the rest of their careers, who would you choose? I'm honestly undecided. I believe both are likely to be 200+ game players and become very good players.

At the start of last year when Weightman was playing in the VFL and Kozzi was looking lively and dangerous in the Dees' forward line, I told my mate that we were only a few selections short of having Kozzi instead of Weightman. I was saying things like, "I wish Weightman was as good as Kozzi".

12 months on, and we all know how well Weightman performed in the back half of 2021 and some may think he has matched or even eclipsed Kozzi now. I'm not sure. Very close IMO.

Macrae v Wines is another I have compared for their entire careers. Another very close matchup.
50/50 at the moment probably lean towards Kozzie due to larger sample size however if Cody improves similar to last year he will surpass him.

Jacko would have 3 brownlows if he played for port. He is head and shoulders above Wines

This makes a lot of sense. It's just basic social science. When you form such a close bond with one other person in a group of 40+ individuals, you naturally close yourself off to the other 38 individuals. It doesn't mean you don't talk to them or even share a laugh but it creates an invisible bubble. Think about your own workplace, this happens all time.

Think about when Dunks problems at the club surfaced. It was during the 2020 season when Bont assumed the captaincy role full time. Before that season Dunks & Bont also shared a close bromance. Part of being a great captain is sharing yourself to everyone and that's when Dunks started feeling isolated. He invested all of his friendship capital in The Bont, who he thought was a safe bluechip stock, untill there was a acquisition & merger.

Also think about the personality traits of the wider group, I'd say led by Libba who has the biggest personality, it's a little cheeky, loves a prank and doesn't take things too seriously. In contract Dunks & Treloar are little more serious, a little more in thier feelings. Through natural selection these personality traits also creates in and an out groups.

It doesn't mean they can't coexist. They definitely can. Especially because Dunks and Treloar are genuinely great people. Infact you want individuals with different personalities in the group, they'll bring a different perspective others won't. It's just interesting to watch the dynamics at play.
Thoughts on this ? Does Treloar and Dunks being so close ostracise themselves from the rest of group ?

Thoughts on this ? Does Treloar and Dunks being so close ostracise themselves from the rest of group ?
Wasn't Dunkley away with Bont, Jamarra, Naughts and co. in the top end during the off-season? Dunkley and Treloar appear to be close to best mates even away from the footy club, it would have no impact on the rest of the group. When we beat the Dees in round 18 last year Bont had Dunks on Facetime while we were singing the song.

Wasn't Dunkley away with Bont, Jamarra, Naughts and co. in the top end during the off-season? Dunkley and Treloar appear to be close to best mates even away from the footy club, it would have no impact on the rest of the group. When we beat the Dees in round 18 last year Bont had Dunks on Facetime while we were singing the song.

Couldn’t remember making that post, you’ve linked a quote to a different thread on a different subject lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back